Clan Ghost Bear Recruitment

243 replies to this topic

#201 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

I wish to join.

#202 PapaN0X

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

Hey Brenden, Thanks for the interest. The best follow up advice I could give you is for you to head over to http://ghost-bear-command.com and fill out an application and that will start the process.

#203 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

Hey NoX. Had a match with you last night. You did great up until they legged you, lol. http://youtu.be/XR_QzBnjduU in case you want to relive it...

<o

#204 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

Alright, I submitted an application on the website.

#205 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

you did not, you may have registered for the site but you need to actually apply by clicking the "CLICK HERE TO APPLY"

#206 PapaN0X

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

View PostNoXoN, on 09 July 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

Hey Brenden, Thanks for the interest. The best follow up advice I could give you is for you to head over to http://ghost-bear-command.com and fill out an application and that will start the process.

That was fun! As hot of a build that is i love having twin PPCs, ECM, and JJs. I need to control my heat or swap out one PPC

#207 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostNoXoN, on 10 July 2014 - 07:40 AM, said:

That was fun! As hot of a build that is i love having twin PPCs, ECM, and JJs. I need to control my heat or swap out one PPC

I have not been able to find a good Kit Fox build, but I am not much of a light pilot to be honest. Mastered lots of them, but have not enjoyed anything but my ERPPC Spider, and that one is pretty hit and miss (but quite similar to what you have).

I may give up the 3xAMS to make room for an ERPPC and see how it goes. Also not a fan of the JJ changes on lights, though it does not seem to bother my heavier mechs nearly as much...

#208 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

BTW, what do you guys use to add the GB overlay to your videos? That looks very nice.

#209 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

Deadfire is genius

#210 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 10 July 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

Deadfire is genius

I assume he made the overlay? Very nicely done.

Is that all the hints I am going to get, lol?

#211 PapaN0X

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

Deadfire made a overlay in Photoshop then created .psd files. I am not sure what he use to get the shape or if there is a template out there. Since he did it for a couple other bears we decided to try to keep a uniform look. On my end, I use OBS to steam to twitch/record locally and I can edit a "scene" so the overlay shows up in the recording. It is my favorite feature of OBS (scene creation).

I think you should try the Kitfox without the AMS. Maybe have the radar deprivation module. I just got the Shock Absorption module to deal with the jump damage on my light mechs. I also heard that they will be scaling the damage back a little for light mechs. I hope so be cause i have legged myself a few times even though I try to feather the falls.

I myself am mainly a light/medium mech pilot. I will still be out there in my 2xERLL spider a lot because I love the speed on the IS lights.

Anyway let me know if you have any other questions and I'd be happy to help (but make a new thread :P )

#212 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

From experience, I have found that having a good dialog, even with errant cubs like me, is very beneficial for recruitment threads. Not only does it show potential Bears how you treat each other and newcomers, but it also keeps the "life" in the thread. I realize you guys do not have to worry about being bumped off the front page, but when the last post is a month ago, it is not always enough to have nostalgia bring in the recruits.

I have been playing around with Overwolf/YouTube, but my video editing skills are still pretty green compared to flat graphics... I have made many overlays, but not for video.

I am really enjoying the BearNet vids, btw. A little more cussing than I prefer, but great discussion and skill displayed! I wish my unit had something similar put together.

#213 PapaN0X

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

well with OBS you do not have to stream. it can be 100% local and like I say I love being able to make a "scene" for the actuall recording. I haven't done a "edited" video for a while because it is so much work.

The last episode of BEARNET really did have some very good discussion.

I love the Seraphim's code and completely respect you guys for it as well as can relate to the reasons for it. All of them. My son (10 yo) has recently taken an interest in this game and I have to say my Brother Bears have been very respectful when he is on chat and I thank them for that. Also I have found some Brothers in Christ here as well so I have been truly blessed.

#214 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostNoXoN, on 10 July 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

All of them. My son (10 yo) has recently taken an interest in this game and I have to say my Brother Bears have been very respectful when he is on chat and I thank them for that. Also I have found some Brothers in Christ here as well so I have been truly blessed.

That is awesome. My youngest is turning 13 this weekend, but I try not to cuss for my own well being, more than anything. Being ex-military, I do not always succeed, but I have gotten a lot better about it.

Like I said, a public dialog like this really helps in recruiting. Clan Ghost Bear is great on its own, but the quality of the Bears that compose it is even more important to show outsiders!

#215 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

Oh, I was confused. I have now submitted an application form.

#216 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

I have pm'd you on our forums.

#217 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Goodbye Mercenary Avatar, hello Ghost Bear Avatar.

#218 PapaN0X

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

looks nice... Hope to chat soon...

#219 Sinwhisper

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

Registered and applied. Looking forward to the trial stuff.

#220 Zandrele

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

Application submitted, hope to talk with all of you soon.
I am new to the game, so I will be asking many questions.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users