243 replies to this topic

#181 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

i do not know who Taylim is, we did not absorb the unit i was referring to, but i have not heard anything from them at all recently, just pointing it out.
the point i am making with the blood name is that we only have a limited space in our own blood name trials so it is unlikely we will let an outsider in.

#182 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 03 July 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

i do not know who Taylim is, we did not absorb the unit i was referring to, but i have not heard anything from them at all recently, just pointing it out.
the point i am making with the blood name is that we only have a limited space in our own blood name trials so it is unlikely we will let an outsider in.

Sorry, Taylim Tseng is CoffiNail on the forums. I'm used to his Twitter tag.

It's a bit confusing as you are multiple units all under the same overall name. Is this thread JUST for a particular unit of CGB? I had assumed it was for the Clan overall.

#183 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

this thread was created by us in Alpha and Beta galaxy, ghost-bear-command.com
we do have several clusters within those two galaxies, but we play as one unit.
Omega galaxy is the German CGB, and there is a Russian Ghost Bear but we are not in contact with them, but this is our recruitment thread yes.

#184 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 03 July 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

this thread was created by us in Alpha and Beta galaxy, ghost-bear-command.com
we do have several clusters within those two galaxies, but we play as one unit.
Omega galaxy is the German CGB, and there is a Russian Ghost Bear but we are not in contact with them, but this is our recruitment thread yes.

I am glad to have bumped your thread, then.

Hopefully I will be able to find a way to bridge this gap...

#185 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

I am not trying to be rude, simply being blunt in pointing out the facts. There is no reason you guys can not stop by and play with us, and possibly RP some trials and such, but nothing that would be "official" in the eyes of the clan, and definitely not earn a blood name. People have butted heads internally over the trials and procedures, and as I said there is no way we would allow an outsider to earn a blood and through us over one of our own warriors that has been trying to earn it for over a year.

#186 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

I appreciate that. I did try to find the process one would go through before I posted here, but I could not find anything here or on your forums. I know the lore-based process, but this is honestly the first game I have found worth investing enough in to work towards anything significant.

I know I could just take a bloodname and use it all I wanted, just like I could buy all sorts of patches to put on my old military dress uniform, but then it would mean nothing, which defeats the purpose.

THAT is the reason I am inquiring. I realize the effort and pride you guys put into this is quite high, and I do not take it lightly.

Is there any way you could explain the processes involved in both the Trials of Position and Bloodright, as YOUR Clan handles them? Not only would it help me, but I'm sure that would be very interesting to outsiders and useful for those looking to join the Clan in the future.

#187 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

The short and simple of it, two weeks after you apply you can take your trial of entry where you must defeat a mechwarrior (or above) in one vs one combat in the same mech (trial mechs or one from our list).

for our trial of bloodright, you must be an active mechwarrior for at least a while, and be nominated by a leader of one of the blood houses, or win the grand melee, then there is a single elimination tournament. So very close to lore, we only hold a few a year.

Edited by Lucky Moniker, 04 July 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#188 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 03 July 2014 - 10:52 PM, said:

The short and simple of it, two weeks after you apply you can take your trial of entry where you must defeat a mechwarrior (or above) in one vs one combat in the same mech (trial mechs or one from our list).

for our trial of bloodright, you must be an active mechwarrior for at least a while, and be nominated by a leader of one of the blood houses, or win the grand melee, then there is a single elimination tournament. So very close to lore, we only hold a few a year.

First, this subforum seems very vacant of activity... is that on purpose, or are there not nearly as many Ghost Bears as I had thought?

Second, I assume the Trial of Entry is a replacement for the Trial of Position? That would be sad, as I would like the challenge of multiple enemies in a ToP.

#189 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

we have our own forums that have security where we want it, and is open where we want it, and control to format as we want.

and yes, we do not want some untrained, untested player walking in and becoming a star captain (also our touman would be a wreck) so we have simplified it.

#190 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 05 July 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

we have our own forums that have security where we want it, and is open where we want it, and control to format as we want.

and yes, we do not want some untrained, untested player walking in and becoming a star captain (also our touman would be a wreck) so we have simplified it.

We have our own forums as well, so I understand that, but we are also very active in our Outreach recruitment thread. Just pretty quiet around here...

I totally understand the touman thing. It would not be good to have some new guy come in and get a lucky couple kills and shake everything up.

#191 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

to put it bluntly, we are still getting an average of 1 or 2 apps a day, around the clan launch we were averaging 4-5 a day. it is not that we do not want more, it is that there seems to be no shortage of ghost bears looking for a home

#192 Shadou

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNV

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

How long has this particular clan/community been around? I ask because I know Deejay and we were clanmates back in NBT's haydays.

#193 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

it was formed during the Living Legends days, but we have a lot of people going back to the NBT and MW2 NetMech days

#194 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

I formed this incarnation of CGB in Jan of 2011. We have steadily grown, having members that started back then still with us. As Lucky pointed out we also have a good helping of past mechwarrior game vets. We are quite active at most times of the day.

We understand the stance of lore, but we also understand the cons of the lore. The fact that the Clans having hot shot mech pilots as their commanders, who cannot lead at all... but they can shoot! Works good for fluff, but not well in a real application. All of our officer positions are filled by members who are active and take a interest in the Clan. We also have a number of long term members that were once part of the commanding body of the unit and have since stepped down.

If you are looking for a good unit to call home, here is one.

We are knee-deep in lore, but not so much that it will make us stumble on the battlefield.

#195 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

Also I will add that our Trial of Entry is effectively and in Clan called Trial of Position. We just do not allow a secondary kill, and if someone did, somehow... they would not be given a command position.

#196 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 07 July 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

Also I will add that our Trial of Entry is effectively and in Clan called Trial of Position. We just do not allow a secondary kill, and if someone did, somehow... they would not be given a command position.

But we COULD get a second kill?...... :(

#197 Himmelganger

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGFFA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:09 AM

Yes you could get a secondary kill, by killing one of the bystanders during your TOP. This can happen before or after you have killed the warrior you challenged. If it happenes before, and is intentional it will be viewed as a breach if zellbrigen and as such it can initiate a grand melee. in which your TOP, most likely will be invalidated. If you take on a second target after your TOP is concluded then that is good and fine and we will applaud you all the more for being a good pilot.

#198 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:23 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 07 July 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

We just give those who manage to make more than a kill the consideration for an officer training, thus if not suited to bear the rank the new warrior will not get it. Besides, very rarely we promote someone with a Trial of Position to a higher rank.

#199 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostHimmelganger, on 08 July 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

Yes you could get a secondary kill, by killing one of the bystanders during your TOP. This can happen before or after you have killed the warrior you challenged. If it happenes before, and is intentional it will be viewed as a breach if zellbrigen and as such it can initiate a grand melee. in which your TOP, most likely will be invalidated. If you take on a second target after your TOP is concluded then that is good and fine and we will applaud you all the more for being a good pilot.

That sounds like a challenge to me! Of course, with my luck, the second target would wind up being Ghozzt and I would be eating U-Ack-40...

#200 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:46 AM

Put an application in Yesterday. I should be on tomorrow night and will try to find someone to chat with on the teamspeak then. Hopefully it is a good fit for all.

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users