#121 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

That went right over your head.

Yes each Clan was assigned an invasion corridor. The Ghost Bears were given in between the FRR & the DC.

Posted Image

So again. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU TYPE NONSENSE.

#122 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image.

Now if there were seven Clans that dropped onto Tukayyid, 2 won, 1 drew & 4 lost & we were one of the ones that won, how did we do the worst?

So again. MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU TYPE NONSENSE.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 01 March 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#123 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

Uhhh..I didn't say anything about clans not being given invasion corridors.

I just pointed out how a "few worlds less" was huge understatement. I guess you can just safely ignore that though. Numbers be nonsense!

Sorry if I wasn't clear on why I said Invasion Corridor? I meant the Invasion Corridor has nothing to do with the amount of worlds won. The Ghost Bear's Corridor skimmed the very side of the FRR. The only reason they got half & half was because the Ghost Bears were terrible for most of the invasion. At the very end of the Invasion (after they tanked their cruddy Khan) is when they finally did well, which is when they were able to catch a whole slew of Kurita worlds.

I am not saying the Ghost Bears are terrible for time and all eternity. However throughout the majority of the invasion they were worst performing Invader Clan, and I think that is provable in the facts. It is a little hilarious how personally you are taking this, though.

As I've typed this you made another response so..now I'll respond to that as well..I never said the Ghost Bears performed poorly in Tuakyyid. Go look at your post you quoted from me. My insults were directed at the amount of worlds the Ghost Bears took. And I even pointed out I was not interested in discussing future events because we are talking about the preparation for the Clan Invasion here. Not how it ends, or what happens years after it ends.

If you actually KNOW your history you know the Ghost Bears are on the rise the moment they dump their Khan. Their invasions go better after that, they do well at Tuakkyid (I don't think its very Clannish to be so excited about a "partial victory"). Eventually the Ghost Bear Dominion rises..and half a century later you get the Rasalhauge Dominion.

One day the Ghost Bears will be ascendant. They will learn the RIGHT lessons for the Invasion. But it isn't today, unless you Ghost Bears change history in Community Warfare, in which case there is no point in boasting about what canon says happens in your future, because you're creating a new one.

Fight me all you want for reminding you of the truth. Or hear what I say and learn a few lessons earlier then your predecessors.

#124 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

:ph34r: ^_^ :wub: :wub: :D :(

Well look at Mr. backward step. No you are not getting out it so easily.

View PostMech The Dane, on 01 March 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Uhhh..I didn't say anything about clans not being given invasion corridors.

I just pointed out how a "few worlds less" was huge understatement. I guess you can just safely ignore that though. Numbers be nonsense!

There is a book that discusses the Wolves & states that only the Ghost Bears took as many worlds in the same specified time period. Looking for it now to quote it.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on why I said Invasion Corridor?

Apology accepted. :)

I meant the Invasion Corridor has nothing to do with the amount of worlds won.

Actually it does. If you did any reading you would know that. Each Clan was given a specified area to fight in.

The only reason they got half & half was because the Ghost Bears were terrible for most of the invasion.

Noooooooooooo because again that is where they were assigned. The Smoke Jaguars, Ghost Bears or Wolves could not go in to take Twycross after the Jade Falcons lost there & it has nothing to do with how they performed. It has to do with the fact that Twycross was in the Jade Faclon invasion corridor. PERIOD.

I am not saying the Ghost Bears are terrible for time and all eternity. However throughout the majority of the invasion they were worst performing Invader Clan, and I think that is provable in the facts.

Show me those facts.

I never said the Ghost Bears performed poorly in Tuakyyid

You spoke of the actions of the invading Clans. I pointed out an action by an invading Clan on Tukayyid. Problem?

If you actually KNOW your history you know the Ghost Bears are on the rise the moment they dump their Khan. Their invasions go better after that, they do well at Tuakkyid (I don't think its very Clannish to be so excited about a "partial victory").

I am not saying we performed as well as X. You said we performed the worst & that is not true.

A.Focht conceded we won. A win is a win. It is not a draw or a loss. :ph34r:

EDIT: OH let me be specific. I want facts to show that we did the worst for the entire invasion just before Tukayyid took place.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 01 March 2014 - 02:09 PM.

#125 Jarl Dane

• Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 01 March 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

There is a book that discusses the Wolves & states that only the Ghost Bears took as many worlds in the same specified time period. Looking for it now to quote it.

Good luck with that. The amount of worlds I quoted is correct. Also the Bears assuridly didn't get more then Clan Jade Falcon either. I am not certain on the Jags tho.

Actually it does. If you did any reading you would know that. Each Clan was given a specified area to fight in.

No, it doesn't. The corridors, in theory, went all the way to Terra. If you are arguing that your corridor was less then dense then others (I can only assume that is what you are saying at this point) it juts means you should have captured more worlds length-wise. The only limitation was the amount of worlds you could capture in any amount of time. As Khan Phelan Kell told the Grand Council;
"Face it. This charge is born of the fact that Khan Ulric and his Wolves ripped through one of the most densely populated regions of the Inner Sphere while the rest of you moved at the speed of a stunned snail."

Noooooooooooo because again that is where they were assigned. The Smoke Jaguars, Ghost Bears or Wolves could not go in to take Twycross after the Jade Falcons lost there & it has nothing to do with how they performed. It has to do with the fact that Twycross was in the Jade Faclon invasion corridor. PERIOD.

Again. There were plenty of worlds for Clan Ghost Bear to take. At this point you're arguing with the Clan Ghost Bear Lore and BattleTech Canon more than me. It is well established that the Ghost Bears did poorly ; this is the impetus of their reasoning for forcing their senior Khan from his position within the clan. You're not telling me that Clan Ghost Bear did fine, despite the worlds you took, you're telling canon that it is wrong, and that Clan Ghost Bear itself was wrong, when it forced its Khan from power.

You spoke of the actions of the invading Clans. I pointed out an action by an invading Clan on Tukayyid. Problem?

I am not saying we performed as well as X. You said we performed the worst & that is not true.

Of the four invading clans, during the invasion, Clan Ghost Bear did the worst. I stick by that statement. I stick by that statement and as I said earlier I believe the canon agrees with it. Your quote is interesting. Clan Ghost Bear might have won a partial victory, but they still, like all the clans, lost Tukayyid. However, just from reading your insert, it sounds like had your Bears stayed and fought and not accepted a partial or marginal victory, you would have allowed Clan Jade Falcon a better chance at winning their battle. And since they still managed a draw, perhaps they would have won it.

Its not firm enough to build any case on, but just an interesting note. Even in your glorious victory, where you failed to take an objective, you hurt the greater cause by accepting the ruling of your marginal success and pulling out.

Maybe Aidan Pryde would have survived!

#126 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

Opinions and perspectives...always so much fun on the internet.

#127 Jarl Dane

• Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

EDIT: OH let me be specific. I want facts to show that we did the worst for the entire invasion just before Tukayyid took place.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#128 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

I knew you were going to post that. Thank you for stepping on the landmine. :) Which is why I said the ENTIRE INVASION just before Tukayyid.

Let us take just TWO examples.

1. Twycross - The Jade Falcons loss has a resounding effect on the rest of the campaign not only for them but for the Clans as a whole. A front line unit was defeated in humiliating fashion & it was so bad that the current Khan who was a Malthus had to resign, the rest of the Malthus bloodline got shipped back home & when the next ToB came around the Bloodname was so tainted, nobody wanted it & it ended up going to an Elemental. Did anything like that happen to us?

2. Wolcott - The Smoke Jaguar loss was worse because Dietr Osis had to surrender four OmniMechs & twenty-four suits of Elemental armor. Did we suffer a defeat like that?

Show me where we did worse.

A bad start does not show the whole picture. If you run a 100m race & you are not in first place at 20m it does not matter. What matters is your position when you cross the finish line.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 01 March 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#129 ShadowDraconis

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDeep within the FRR paving the way for the invasion.

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

If anything thanks for all the info guys. I've been refreshed and educated with Clan history/canon/lore. So again these discussions are much appreciated. All this just makes me more excited for the invasion and the future of MWO. : )

#130 Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBitterVet

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

Hail,

Good drops with Ghost Bear last evening, feel free to look us up anytime. Lance practice or otherwise.

Seyla,

#131 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:37 AM

I played two games with one your lances yesterday when we got matched into one team. You played very well and it was a pleasure to hunt with you.

#132 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

Nice bunch of people these guys. Some of their trothkin helped fill the ranks for my Trial of Position!

If you like Bear lore, check them out! They truly are honorable Clansmen.

Edited by Vincent V Kerensky, 21 March 2014 - 07:17 AM.

#133 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:53 AM

View PostVincent V Kerensky, on 20 March 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

They truly are honorable Clanners.

Psst. "Clansmen".. :D

#134 Vagabond HT

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

I was looking to join up with the Ghost bears, but before i try and put in an application, I would like to ask a few questions.
1) Are you recruiting people from europe, and how active is your european scene ?
2) How is training handled for Europeans or is it all US times ?
3) How lore heavy as in doing Trials? (Most of my information comes from the blood of kerensky trilogy and sarna.)

#135 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

1 & 2) yes we are more than accepting of Europe players. We have a number of European players and they host a smaller Europe time practice.

3) our trials are as follows:
You must be active for two weeks from application approval to a trial date, usually Monday or Thursday. We have two methods. 1 using a trial Mech of your choice and you pick your opponent, a warrior within the Clan. We Only offer one combatants unlike Lore as officer ranks are promoted within a and based around activity in the Clan. The second method is selecting a preset Mech build for our trials, three volunteers will take the exact build as well and you fire upon the target of your choice. We do not have a limit on the amount of time one can trial.

#136 PapaN0X

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Coffi beat me to it.

GET TO WORK SON!!

Edited by NoXoN, 27 March 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#137 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

Haha. I do not take usual breaks or lunches, I take a breath when I can and a bite as I can find time. My downtime is usually checking up on the CGB and MWO forum. ;-)

#138 Vagabond HT

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

Just sent my application in.

#139 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

You did well. Always a pleasure to see those guys in battle, no matter the side. Given how many I meet when playing in EU TZ primetime, you shouldn't have issues with finding your trothkin.

#140 Mi Ro Ki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEta Carinae

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:59 AM

Just a quick question :) Is there any aussies in this clan? i have a few mates who are FRR also that is a possibility to bring along.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users