"minor" Clans?

42 replies to this topic

#21 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

Warden/Crusader would not work well, IMHO, since many Clans shift their official stance from time to time; not to mention, you often find Wardens within an officially Crusader Clan, and vice versa.

Homeworld Clans and Invading Clans also change with time; why not just have a subforum for each Clan that exists at this point in the timeline? It would not, after all, cost anything, and it would keep the less-famous Clans from being pushed to the bottom of the forum all the time by the sea of people who flock to the famous ones.

There are some very cool Clans, IMHO, that never got much attention in the books, and it would be great to see players fleshing out these lesser-known Clans in MWO; it does them yet another disservice to simply lump them all together, un-named, into a 'Minor Clans' forum.

After all...the Free Rasalhague Republic was not lumped together with the Periphery under a 'Minor IS Powers' forum.

#22 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostAethon, on 24 April 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

After all...the Free Rasalhague Republic was not lumped together with the Periphery under a 'Minor IS Powers' forum.

We would still need two subforums in this case - "minor IS powers" and "minor IS power about to get squashed". :D

#23 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostIceSerpent, on 24 April 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

We would still need two subforums in this case - "minor IS powers" and "minor IS power about to get squashed". :D

Well now, 'squashed' is kind of a harsh way of putting it; 'welcomed into the family' is the way we see it. :D

#24 FrostCollar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostIceSerpent, on 24 April 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

They are created much later in the timeline (if you consider dark ages to be part of the BT timeline).

Oh I know, just stirring the Clanner pot. :D

#25 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

They are created much later in the timeline (if you consider dark ages to be part of the BT timeline).

It is unfortunately.

#26 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

but with Catalyst back in control, there's at least FM3145 and the corresponding TRO to make something of the mess.

#27 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

@qki
Not sure if sarcasm, or the complete and senseless destruction of random factions is considered making something of a mess.

I really hope it was Sarcasm. :D

#28 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Well WizzKids insisted on turning the universe upside down, and creating a bunch of new factions.

Catalyst is set on ordering stuff before the next jump to 3250.

FTR, following the dark age, there is at least a semblance of order.

5 Successor states (FWL is reconstructed in 3100), and the Republic.
Of the Clans, we have CJF, CHH, and Clan Wolf. CGB became RD, CSR became RA. CNC is with DC now, and of the homeworld clans, we get 4 (CSA, CC, CCC, CSL) - CGS merges with Nueva Castille (Escorpion Imperio) after absorbing CIH remnants. CFM is destroyed (remnants in CSA iirc), so is CSV and CBS (both annihilated). Jags are out and about in 3157 (Fidelis), and C* still hase a private army.

#29 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

Correction: As of 3145, no nova cats exist, only spirit cat refugees in the clan protectorate, as they were either butchered by the DCMS for protecting the last legitimate heir to the throne or sterilized in the old prefectures. Because they obviously were not beaten into the ground enough by everything else that happened. Meanwhile, the Davions, not that I particularly like them, are not too far away from having their capital planet attacked from a couple directions. Honestly, the direction the writers went was that of completely pointless destruction and inversion of long standing status quos for no reason other then just to do it.
So, yes, Catalyst got a mess they had to deal with when they got the material. How they chose to solve it was boring, uninspired, and sloppy. They just continued with chopping things off left and right in a lazy manner.

#30 qki

• 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Yeah, well I just DL'd ER3145, and am chewing through it, so my bad.

At any rate, the factions have been normalised somewhat.

#31 SmokinDave73

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz, Outer Sphere Periphery

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

I dont really see what all the fuss is about, hell before this game goes full release in late september PGI will probably change the forum's structure again. I dont even know why people are getting so bent out of shape about threads being shuffled around by PGI... I myself am a Warden Clanner and hopefully down the line PGI give mention to them to even though they did not play a big part of the first invasion of the IS.
http://www.sarna.net...l:_Warden_Clans

#32 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

At this point in time Clan Wolf is a Warden Clan

#33 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

View Postqki, on 24 April 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

Well, CCC, CSA, CC, and the all new CSL (formerly CHH) are called Homeworld Clans. CFM, CIH, CBS, and CSV are not called at all (after 3075), CW and CJF are probebly the only ones that remain, while CSR, CGB, and CDS/CSF said "screw it" and settled in. CNC found a home, and then CSC broke off, and promptly said "screw this" and joined CSF.

So the hell with minor - how do we call these other wankers?

waaaay too many acronyms brosquito, real talk.

#34 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostSmokinDave73, on 25 April 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

I myself am a Warden Clanner and hopefully down the line PGI give mention to them to even though they did not play a big part of the first invasion of the IS.
http://www.sarna.net...l:_Warden_Clans

This is not entirely correct. Clan Wolf (wardens as we speak) actually "led" the Invasion, though the reason for them "supporting" it so strongly was actually to prevent the Crusaders from "winning" so to speak, and not because they believed in the Invasion as such.

But as an invading force they were pretty much the personification of domination, left most of the other clans choking on their jumpships` stardust, and were one of oly 2 clans to achieve victory in 2 years on Tukkayid (Ghost Bears achieved a minor victory, the rest lost outright). I would dare theorize that that qualifies as a "big part", to the point of "pivotal role". :)

Edited by Zerberus, 25 April 2013 - 09:33 AM.

#35 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Battle of Tukayyid

After twenty-one days of fighting the ilKhan of the Clans conceded victory to ComStar. Of the Clans, only the Wolves had successfully gained control of both target cities, with the Ghost Bears earning a maginal victory for holding Spanac but failed to take Luk, and the Jade Falcons achieving a draw based on inflicting far greater losses than they took. But both sides suffered staggering losses in the process. Though victorious, the relatively green Com Guards took more than forty percent fatalities, with even more injured. Despite their much higher level of experience and life-long training, the various Clans suffered almost as bad, with the Wolves taking the least fatalities at 20 percent through to the Diamond Sharks forces who were virtually wiped out.

Beyond forcing the invaders to delay their advance to rebuild their forces, the resounding victory at Tukayyid stopped the Clan juggernaut in its tracks and bought the Inner Sphere a full 15 years to prepare for a resumption of hostilities from Clans below the truce line. The victory also elevated Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht to nothing short of a legend within both the Inner Sphere and the Clans. Unfortunately the actions of Focht and the Com Guards would nearly be overshadowed by Primus Waterly's treacherous Operation Scorpion.

#36 SmokinDave73

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz, Outer Sphere Periphery

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostZerberus, on 25 April 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

This is not entirely correct. Clan Wolf (wardens as we speak) actually "led" the Invasion, though the reason for them "supporting" it so strongly was actually to prevent the Crusaders from "winning" so to speak, and not because they believed in the Invasion as such.

But as an invading force they were pretty much the personification of domination, left most of the other clans choking on their jumpships` stardust, and were one of oly 2 clans to achieve victory in 2 years on Tukkayid (Ghost Bears achieved a minor victory, the rest lost outright). I would dare theorize that that qualifies as a "big part", to the point of "pivotal role". :ph34r:

Yep thats true by I was making the point for the other "minor" clans like Clan Snow Raven Cloud Cobras and the such good point though.

#37 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

(if you consider dark ages to be part of the BT timeline).

I do not

#38 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostZerberus, on 24 April 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

"Stay at home" clans?
"Housewife" clans?
"Cook better than they shoot" clans?
"Support" clans?
"Lazy" clans?
"Slacker" Clans?
"Coward" clans?

Just tossing out ideas :ph34r:

But if I were you, I`d be starting to think "minor" may not be so bad after all ;) *raises beer stein*

Clans that climb on rocks?

#39 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostAethon, on 24 April 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

But they should have been.

#40 Asheron Storm

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

I just wanna be clear, I was asking for the subtitle of "The Pentagon Worlds" section to be rewritten.. NOT to have that section removed entirely :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users