• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBossier City, La

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

MISMATCHED FILES:
E:\MWO\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\CryRenderD3D11.dll-->http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/live/Bin32/CryRenderD3D11.dll
E:\MWO\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\CryRenderD3D9.dll-->http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/live/Bin32/CryRenderD3D9.dll
E:\MWO\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\frontend_version.dll-->http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/live/Bin32/frontend_version.dll
E:\MWO\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe-->http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/live/Bin32/MWOClient.exe
E:\MWO\MechWarrior Online\Game\ForestColony_ig.pak-->http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/live/Game/ForestColony_ig.pak
E:\MWO\MechWarrior Online\Game\Objects.pak-->http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/live/Game/Objects.pak

And it wanted to delete systemoverride.cfg

#102 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

Krist, is this tool PGI's veiled way of saying "These bug issues aren't entirely our fault, you guys need to quit futzing with the game files"?

#103 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 30 April 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

Krist, is this tool PGI's veiled way of saying "These bug issues aren't entirely our fault, you guys need to quit futzing with the game files"?

Not entirely. :P

Realistically, it's just a way of hitting the reset button without having to do a reinstall. The options allow you to control how much gets reset. The thing is, most of the files we're aiming at repairing aren't really..."user-friendly", I guess would be the right phrase. For example, we're seeing pak file corruption that has been attributed more directly toward the game or the patcher, not user tampering.

The extended options are our way of saying "well, if you still have a problem, then maybe it's a local setting that's causing it, so let's try reverting some of those to default".

So, in the end, it's not about us saying users need to quit "futzing" with the game files (like that word, gonna keep using it), but just eliminating that as a potential cause. It's more about being able to say "oh, you ran the repair tool with all the options on and you're still having the problem? Then it's fairly certain to be a code problem". Believe me, being able to eliminate local corruption or invalid settings as a potential cause actually goes a long way in debugging.

Oh, and PS: Stop futzing with the game files!!! ;)

#104 Garagano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 30 April 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Realistically, it's just a way of hitting the reset button without having to do a reinstall.

Oh, and PS: Stop futzing with the game files!!! ;)

Thats why "Game Files Validation Tool" is more suitable for this tool. :P

pls, PGI CLOSE all game files for ALL alterations! THX!
->Use encrypted PAK files only!

Many users will always alter the game files!
Ether if its for a simple no-intro modification or a map exploit mod, or worse...
Its so stupid IMHO to allow game modifications in an ONLINE game!
Restrict file modification!
MWO have NO cheat protection so far!

#105 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostGaragano, on 30 April 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Thats why "Game Files Validation Tool" is more suitable for this tool. :P

Validation is only one part of what the tool does. Since the functionality is the same as the "Repair" option for most applications in ARP, I'll be keeping the name the same.

As for your other suggestions, they are valid and we're working on it. At this point, that's all I can say, since it's a lot more complicated than just enabling encryption on the pak files. But, for the record, we do have cheat protection, just not in this regard.

#106 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Ok, I have a minor update coming down the pipes right now (expect a release in half an hour or so). The new version (1.1.2.0) of the Repair Tool will have:
-some spelling fixes
-a fix for systemoverride.cfg being deleted even when the option isn't enabled
-added warning in description header within the application
-more descriptive output detailing what will happen when you click "Fix"

#107 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Any idea why the tool keeps reporting ALL .pak files as mismatched even if it just redownloaded them right before checking again?

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2299169

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2299773

Edited by Budor, 30 April 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#108 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostBudor, on 30 April 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Any idea why the tool keeps reporting ALL .pak files as mismatched even if it just redownloaded them right before checking again?

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2299169

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2299773

Still trying to figure that one out. Quick question - does it auto-detect the game folder, or does it ask you to provide the location?

#109 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 30 April 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Still trying to figure that one out. Quick question - does it auto-detect the game folder, or does it ask you to provide the location?

Auto detects it. If i check the archives with 7zip they seem not to be corrupted in any way.

[edit] Different issue. If you could look into this in the future maybe its helpfull http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2299294

another player and than me couldnt do a reinstall after starting to use the tool, we had to quit the patcher at "preparing patch" (or wait for it to crash at this step) and redownload game through the tool.

Edited by Budor, 30 April 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#110 Ralgas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

since running 1.1.2.0 repairer i've been unable to get the client stable, either getting random fread crashes (one at the post login startup and another at a map loading screen) or the "galaxy in the mechlab" bug. After each crash i've done another repair :)

#111 BulletChief

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 292 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

so how big should the game be by now?
Because mine is only 2.04 Gb. The game works and the Repair Tool doesn't find anything. But i think he game files of my friend are significantly bigger...

Edited by BulletChief, 01 May 2013 - 01:55 AM.

#112 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

View PostBulletChief, on 01 May 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

so how big should the game be by now?
Because mine is only 2.04 Gb. The game works and the Repair Tool doesn't find anything. But i think he game files of my friend are significantly bigger...

Mine is 2,00 GB (2.153.892.896 Bytes)

#113 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

My fresh install is 1,99 GB (2.137.246.601 Bytes), so anything 2 and over is probably not missing anything

#114 evil2

Rookie

• The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

worked w/o any trouble.

thumbs up for integrating this into the launcher as an option.

for the next iteration - I found a spelling error:

in the summary at the end before fixing, it states
"-Resolve any mistmatched (invalid) files."

which should probably read "mismatched".

happens in v1.1.2.0 I just downloaded.

#115 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

View Postevil2, on 01 May 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

worked w/o any trouble.

thumbs up for integrating this into the launcher as an option.

for the next iteration - I found a spelling error:

in the summary at the end before fixing, it states
"-Resolve any mistmatched (invalid) files."

which should probably read "mismatched".

happens in v1.1.2.0 I just downloaded.

Thnx. Minor revision en route.

#116 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostBudor, on 30 April 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Auto detects it. If i check the archives with 7zip they seem not to be corrupted in any way.

[edit] Different issue. If you could look into this in the future maybe its helpfull http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2299294

another player and than me couldnt do a reinstall after starting to use the tool, we had to quit the patcher at "preparing patch" (or wait for it to crash at this step) and redownload game through the tool.

This is what is happening to me also. I have put a new solid state drive into my PC last week because my western digital drive has been acting fruity. So I have a complete fresh Windows 7 install, did ALL of the Windows update(includes .net 4 now with just running windows update on 7 if people didnt know) and then went on to try to get MWO going. At first I just copied my existing MWO file from my WD drive onto a significant size USB flash stick, but the game would not run, said it was missing some dll file or something. OS i removed all of it, and then redownloaded the installer etc right off the websight. let it go over night(download 1.8 whatever gigs). Patcher gets to "preparing patch" sits there, and then closes itself. I looked in some log file thing when I retry the patcher tonight, and the last line of the last one says "user closing patcher" I was like, LOLWUT no, it closes itself. So not sure whats going on there.

So I came to forums, and found the link to this repair tool. So far I have run it 3 times, it hasnt completed a repair session yet, I get a windows message "stopped working" . On the 3rd attempt now. it is downloading all the pak files apparently. This attempt I have gotten farther then the last two. i suspect some kind of timeout or loss of connection due to my abhorrent Frontier DSL provider, but i can not be sure. It is downloading much slower then the installer did, not sure if that is normal or not.

I hope this works.

5/2/13 edit: It did indeed work, although it took literally all night to download all the pak files for some reason. I was getting roughly .06mb a sec DL rate. not sure why. Oh well, it worked, I can launch the game properly now. Thanks very much.

Edited by Eldagore, 02 May 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#117 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Can there be an option just to remove the shader files or FE? Because I ticked only "remove shader" option, but the checks still proceeded to unzip all the PAKs.

#118 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Ok, so, played the game one night, had fun, thanks to the fixer program.

Tonight now, patch for weekend sale. it is like what 700k? PATCHER STILL CRASHES AT PREPARING PATCH. If I have to run this repair tool overnight for every insignificant price adjustment patch, I will not play this anymore.

I mean, imagine a new player experience with this. " Oh wow, mechwarior! i havent played that in years!" (downloads)....(launches game).....(patcher crashes to desktop with no error message)....."WTH?"

#119 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

I get the same issue with todays patch. Cannot patch, patcher just closes and i am forced to run the repair tool which redownloads everything because everything is always mismatched. ;)

#120 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

I played 2 rounds, first no HUD second broken miniradar so i tried the repair tool but again first round and no HUD, which is unplayble.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users