Repair Tool FRead

405 replies to this topic

#61 StandingInFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

Was hoping it would fix something to improve performance, I don't suffer from many bugs in mwo just low frame rate.

v1.1.1

No mismatches were found!

FOUND LOCAL FILES FOR REMOVAL!

C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\bin32\game_version.dll

#62 Tice Daurus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Just ran it and it's so far at the moment cleared mini-map problems at the moment. I'll run further drops to see if it's cleared my problem so far, but much much better performance rates with FPS...

#63 BrkDncr

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

thanks, great util. What should the default install dir be? I'm quite confused that it's c:\games\. Why not %ProgramFiles%?

#64 Hekalite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

I ran it, it fixed some files and my framerates dropped by about 20fps.

#65 frag85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

Thank you for releasing this. I have noticed less people crashing out at the start and during the match.

#66 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

Excellent work Mr Smith - simple and effective program.
But please consider some option to write logs into a .txt file,as well as display more data in it (hash codes,files versions etc) - that may help to determine what's wrong for some users,ex my predecessor.

#67 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:20 AM

Good idea im just wondering why it finds mismatched files everytime i run it. It downloads them, once i run it again it reports the downloaded files as mismatched...

[edit] redownloaded the tool, same thing, reporting the files it just dowloaded as mismatched and wants to download them again

Edited by Budor, 27 April 2013 - 05:17 AM.

#68 Wolfyop

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

the option two-way consolidation is removing systemoverride.cfg even when the option to do so is off.

v 1.1.1.0

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mechwarrior Online\MechWarrior Online\bin32\game_version.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mechwarrior Online\MechWarrior Online\systemoverride.cfg

#69 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

Thank you for putting in the effort to make and ship out this tool, I don't know if this is a personal project or something you where tasked with, but it is certainly something that has been needed for quite a while.

#70 Arete

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 390 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

Running it now just to see how it works. Don't have any big issues except for hud bugs and occasional flashing textures, but a cleanup shouldn't hurt since I haven't reinstalled the game since fall last year. Did find a lot of mismatched files.

#71 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

Got this:

No mismatches were found!

C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\bin32\mechwarrioronline.ldt

C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\bin32\mwo.ldt

C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\systemoverride.cfg

Done!

Game works fine, haven't done anything to check performance yet. No apparent HUD issue in the one game I dropped to check controls, configs.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 27 April 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#72 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostBrkDncr, on 26 April 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

thanks, great util. What should the default install dir be? I'm quite confused that it's c:\games\. Why not %ProgramFiles%?

Most likely lessons learned from other games. Vista and on up have additional security setup for programs installed under Program Files location, diverting the files to a virtual location. It can make troubleshooting a real pain due to the logistics.

#73 frag85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

I have run the repair tool a few times, I almost always get the same file flagged (edit: as in if anything is 'marked for repair' its this file):

Checking file: engine\shaders.pak
Caught an exception while processing that file (likely corrupted). Marked for repair.

This occurs on any of the 3 currently installed drives that are all healthy (scanned for errors/ran chkdsk).

System is stable and not OC'd. It will pass days of stress testing and weeks of uptime with no errors or crashes.

Could this be an issue with the Tool? It always could be a system stability issue, but I've never had any issues except the normal MWO bugs.

Edit: Ok, so completely uninstalling everything and restoring a backup and that seems to have fixed it. I can run the check now with nothing flagging.

Edited by frag85, 27 April 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#74 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Everytime i use the tool, even after pressing "Fix errors" or a reinstall on 2 different SSDs and a standard HDD:

Posted Image

#75 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

No help. Same HUD bugs, same rainbow minimap crap, same loss of controls.

In short: SOS. Same Old Shi*t.

#76 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

it seems the repair tool broke the game. after i ran it it took away user.cfg. in my quest to get it back i went to reinstall the game. found out it was not in my uninstall list. found that strange. went and deleted all the files. downloaded install file. it told me that the game is already installed(0x80070643) cleaned my reg though maybe it left something there, still would not install.
edit:
insert many lines of rage after 2 hours of trying to get it work. deleted the 2 reg files it had. wouldn't still let me reinstall. then i put my comp back to a latter date, it re downloaded the game, but gave me a error saying i did not have the right font installed. psst repair thing doesn't seem to work very well on the old game file, it f-ed up my game pretty good:D
edit2:
fellow raven sent me over a zipped file of the game. works now. repair tool is trap don't use it

Edited by keith, 28 April 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#77 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

I had an older version of the tool.. perhaps pre-release......1.0.5.0

I was having only occasional issues, like missing HUD, missing mini-map, stuck mini-map arrow, etc.... I got a hold of this tool, and it ran, and essentially downloaded the whole game again, and re-installed the game one directory up.....no worries, I deleted the old working directory, and all is well at this point....

I'm sure the new version has made these corrections......

The tool will occasionally appear to be stuck, and even say (Not Responding) .. just let it sit there......it will go as it did on my system.

Edited by Ensaine, 28 April 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#78 Guntherstreiker

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

the program also corrected something on my comp about systemoverride.cfg and then i couldnt start the game.

I uninstalled it and try to download again, but cant : im blocked on mechwarrior logo and after 10 mn a message says that the period is too long.

#79 Guntherstreiker

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Edit : after many time i succedeed to resintall the game. Maybe servers are slow tonight ?

#80 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Tool somehow prevents the game from doing a fresh reinstall the standard way: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2299294

Please look into this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users