So...how's The Poptart Situation Lately? [And Possible Solution]

253 replies to this topic

#241 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostKoniving, on 19 May 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

I cured the poptarting problem. I brought something even more overpowered.

Spoiler

is the flamer the only weapon !?!?!?!

#242 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostJust wanna play, on 20 May 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

is the flamer the only weapon !?!?!?!

Nah. Twin flamer, twin Streak. 3 tons of ammo. Had excellent matches, actually. I'm going to be recording them in the future because they have been THAT good.

#243 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostKoniving, on 20 May 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

Nah. Twin flamer, twin Streak. 3 tons of ammo. Had excellent matches, actually. I'm going to be recording them in the future because they have been THAT good.

oh was about to say, 400+dmg with a flamer....

they say a pack of ac20 ravens is bad, imagine a pack of flamer ravens swarming you!

#244 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

So yet another cry me a river thread about the flavor of the moment....give it a rest already. It will change over time, for god sakes it's the same thing every time something interesting comes out or someone figures out this is really good, then everyone does it and then we get the cry me a river about it for weeks or months, then it changes and something else takes it's place and again cry me a river about it.

#245 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostWerewolf486, on 20 May 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

So yet another cry me a river thread about the flavor of the moment....give it a rest already. It will change over time, for god sakes it's the same thing every time something interesting comes out or someone figures out this is really good, then everyone does it and then we get the cry me a river about it for weeks or months, then it changes and something else takes it's place and again cry me a river about it.

oh another guy complaining about threads about complaining, give it a rest already, they will always be around ;)

Edited by Just wanna play, 20 May 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#246 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Tomorrow may be "poptart QQ Day" with the intro of JJ shake....c'mon PGI, you could make it an awesome patch!

#247 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,653 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostWerewolf486, on 20 May 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Hey kids! Extra points if you can count the fallacies in this statement! :)

#248 MacKerris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 21 May 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

Hey kids! Extra points if you can count the fallacies in this statement! ;)

0 ?

Actually,

Every time someone finds a new min max build others copy them. Then because it works and many loose to it people complain until it is nerfed. This doesn't always mean that the build is OP just that it is popular. Somehow most people get frustrated whenever they die alot...go figure. I know I hated Jenners during closed beta, when I was mostly driving a Atlas.

Right now there are builds and mechs that I find much more annoying than poptarts...

I figure it this way If you have jump jets you should use them because it is a tool that you can use to win. That tool costs though as you have to give up other things to be able to use it. Tons of armor, heat sinks, weapons, etc.....So if I have JJs I think it is completely balanced to shoot while jumping and it shouldn't be overly difficult to do so as the mech is designed to jump. As in most cases it is just as easy to hit a poptart as it is to be hit by one I personally think that this is a QQ nerf. However as we haven't even seen the upcoming nerf I can only say I hope it keeps things realistic. Either way, it's not final and the Devs will tweek things until they are happy with how things are working.

P.S.

Be happy that our current fire and forget technology is lost tech. Because if it wasn't I could park a missile in your cockpit from miles away.

Edited by MacKerris, 22 May 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#249 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostMacKerris, on 22 May 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

P.S.

Be happy that our current fire and forget technology is lost tech. Because if it wasn't I could park a missile in your cockpit from miles away.

Actually you still can with LRM's, even with your target behind a 3 story building.

#250 MacKerris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostDie Primate Die, on 22 May 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Actually you still can with LRM's, even with your target behind a 3 story building.

lol, I forgot about that. My Atlas didn't fare well on the new map last night. It didn't help feeling like a tourist in the middle of a firefight. Tourmaline, Alpine and Canyon are all great LRM maps. Lots of open space ....

though, they are already working on fixing the newest missile issue I saw.

Edited by MacKerris, 22 May 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#251 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,653 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostMacKerris, on 22 May 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

0 ?

Aaaand negative points for you.

#252 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

how to deal with poptarts

1. learn their spots
2. fit two gauss in a cat
3. pick a spot not in the pop tarts immediate line of sight
4. they pop up
5. ???
6. Profit

besides that, the most successful way to deal with individuals like this is that their entire strategy DEPENDS on you not negating their cover. in other words, stop engaging them in the direction they want you to engage from.

View PostMacKerris, on 22 May 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

lol, I forgot about that. My Atlas didn't fare well on the new map last night. It didn't help feeling like a tourist in the middle of a firefight. Tourmaline, Alpine and Canyon are all great LRM maps. Lots of open space ....

again, the answer to this is dual gauss. longer range, less expose time.

dual gauss catapult is still the best mech above light in the game. good weapon placement, good ammo stowage, highest armor of any gaussboat. The only real issue is the easy to hit cockpit, but if you're smart you wont ever engage anything within their range head on so they can do that.

this is the only mech you need. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...145c3a94b403343 Some will argue cataphract is better but the wide weapon grouping off center to cockpit makes not shooting teammates, buldings, or ridgesmore difficult than it should be. Of course with that said, I don't have one in my garage, sold it for my D-DC. Next purchase will be remaking the gaussapult. or another atlas.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 19 June 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#253 senaiboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 372 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

This thread's been dead for a month. The general consensus has been that poptarting is not a serious issue anymore since the JJ screenshake.

Let dead threads die peacefully.

#254 Lord of All

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 581 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBottom Of a Bottle

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

View Postsenaiboy, on 28 June 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

This thread's been dead for a month. The general consensus has been that poptarting is not a serious issue anymore since the JJ screenshake.

Let dead threads die peacefully.

so wth did you bump it after 9 days!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users