- - - - -

Forum Community Changes - Feedback

314 replies to this topic

#281 Jestun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

View Postjozkhan, on 02 May 2013 - 01:20 AM, said:

well looking at these 7 day stats since the forum changes were announced I guess the 'silent majority' dont like the cornbread either

http://traffic.alexa...u=mwomercs.com

I log on each day, check the 2 or 3 threads which this discussion is spread across, and log out.

#282 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostJestun, on 02 May 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

I log on each day, check the 2 or 3 threads which this discussion is spread across, and log out.

Wait where else has this discussion been fragmented to? This rats nest of sub-forums makes it hard to find anything with any efficiency.

#283 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 02 May 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Wait where else has this discussion been fragmented to? This rats nest of sub-forums makes it hard to find anything with any efficiency.

Until a couple of days ago there was the referendum thread. Prior to this thread there was the previous announcement. There's usually one or two in the Suggestions forum like this, or in the Forum & Website forum like this.

Plus there are other topics which also cover this such as the Forum Suggestions thread.

These are just a few examples from my own post history (as it's easier than actually trying to find things manually!).

#284 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

still do not understand y PGI could not have done with GD like they did with clan forum. y does PGI seem to make stupid mistakes. its okay it will be like BAP in about 2 years we will get a GD back.

#285 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

So, I went away on 'holiday' for a bit and just got back. I thought I would ask here, as I struggle to find things on this forum, was there any official reply to our request for a vote on the GD forum?

#286 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostPurplefluffybunny, on 02 May 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

So, I went away on 'holiday' for a bit and just got back. I thought I would ask here, as I struggle to find things on this forum, was there any official reply to our request for a vote on the GD forum?

Welcome back from your vacation.
Does actively ignoring equal a response. I think it does.

#287 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

Wow, this is still a thing?

#288 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 02 May 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Unfortunately.

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 02 May 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#289 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 02 May 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Strangely the "ignore it" solution presented by PGI / IGP hasn't actually solved it yet.

Edited by Jestun, 03 May 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#290 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostJestun, on 03 May 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

Strangely the "ignore it" solution presented by PGI / IGP hasn't actually solved it yet.

It will.
On the forums at least this topic will die.
Outside the forums though the conversation continues and is gaining steam.
No moderation of the internet as a whole.

#291 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostDishevel, on 03 May 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

It will.
On the forums at least this topic will die.
Outside the forums though the conversation continues and is gaining steam.
No moderation of the internet as a whole.

Unless you post on Reddit; then they try to enforce the CoC even there lol

#292 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 03 May 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Unless you post on Reddit; then they try to enforce the CoC even there lol

Let them. The best they can do on the internet at large when trying to shut communication down is to treat themselves to the Streisand Effect. I do not think they want that.

#293 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...meplay-balance/

That's the "best" place that I have found to get a pulse on the game in this mess of a forum.

#294 vrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

So ruining the game repeatedly wasn't enough? You had to go and ruin the forums too. Good job PGI/IGP/whatever. It's like you have no experience dealing with anything even remotely related to gaming and the internet. Might as well just delete the forums and stick to Facebook and Twitter. At least you know how those work.

Edited by vrok, 04 May 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#295 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

View Postder langsamere, on 04 May 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Game, set, match.

Yes. We all knew their position.
It is of course crap. Everyone with half a brain knows that GD is in every forum. That it works and does its intended job well.
There is only one reason to shut it down. What every they want to tell us everyone knows the truth.
The part that is worse than them telling the community to "F off" is that afterwards they treat us as stupid and state things that no sane person would take for truth.
My sadness comes only from the game that they are doing their level best to destroy. Hopefully they get their Farmville players.

#296 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

Good luck PGI.....you seem intent on shooting yourselves in the foot at every possible opportunity. It has truly been fun watching what amounts to a 3 stooges routine that is the PGI decision making process.

I'm off to wait another 10 years for a MW title. Eventually someone competent has to get the rights.

#297 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 30 April 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Actually all of these, including the changes we made more immediately before the referendum and listed here: http://mwomercs.com/...pdate-30042013/ came from Community feedback:
Forum replies, private messages, support e-mails and more. I'm sorry if you are upset that they weren't exactly what you wanted personally, but as the forums are an official conduit for feedback they have to be also be set up in a manner that meets our needs of organizing that feedback. The votes on these changes are matters we felt it was better to ask the Community to decide.

We have been told by the devlopers that the offical forums are "Not representetive of the playerbase." Meaning you guys DON'T care. and it's become clear that you don't, since there's been an outcry for two weeks now to have general discussion returned, yet you refuse.

Do not tell us you've taken information from the community, then cite sources that we, the general public do not have access to. That's bullcrap, it's shady, and it's flat out wrong.

#298 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 05 May 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

We have been told by the devlopers that the offical forums are "Not representetive of the playerbase." Meaning you guys DON'T care. and it's become clear that you don't, since there's been an outcry for two weeks now to have general discussion returned, yet you refuse.

Do not tell us you've taken information from the community, then cite sources that we, the general public do not have access to. That's bullcrap, it's shady, and it's flat out wrong.

Selective caring? I'm pretty sure it's done not just by myself, but like PGI and its moderators. We "care" when we want to care. Not caring these days is the death of a community.

#299 Draco Harkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationIn the good part of Battletech, the tabletop.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 05 May 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Selective caring? I'm pretty sure it's done not just by myself, but like PGI and its moderators. We "care" when we want to care. Not caring these days is the death of a community.

Like this community you mean? Its been dying for quite sometime now, PGI/IGP are simply in denial.

#300 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostDraco Harkins, on 05 May 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

Like this community you mean? Its been dying for quite sometime now, PGI/IGP are simply in denial.

That goes w/o saying.

View PostJackson Jax Teller, on 05 May 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Its like a ride at a theme park. There should be a "You have to be this experienced to touch this IP" bar, cause PGI wasnt

I don't think it's that simple. People say silly things about it.. like "if I had this power", they have no idea what to do with it.. at least "doing it correctly". If some people had their way.. we might be using TT specs and TT behavior for a game that cannot possibly represent dice rolls.. it's just not realistic to translate it as such in a game that is supposed to use skill.

However, it doesn't mean that PGI is doing things right either, but it doesn't mean they don't have certain things right.They still have a lot of things that they need to grasp and understand.. and not just ignoring serious issues/ramifications to certain behaviors in game and calling the use of forums effectively "noise" and "vocal minority". That's just not the way to go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users