#261 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 01 May 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Roadbeer,
I have no idea why people use reddit either most of the time. It hurts my eyes.

That's why when I heard Bryan was doing a Q&A on reddit, my immediate reaction was, "Meh, I'll wait for the transcript"

I'm convinced that they use social media to avoid me, they know I don't use it, and when I start asking questions, we end up with the "demographics" thing.

Edited by Roadbeer, 01 May 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#262 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 01 May 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Yet he chose to make a post on reddit outside his jurisdiction. Something he did not need to do in order to tow the comapany line.

he is a moderator of that sub reddit.

#263 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 01 May 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

That's why when I heard Bryan was doing a Q&A on reddit, my immediate reaction was, "Meh, I'll wait for the transcript"

I'm convinced that they use social media to avoid me, they know I don't use it, and when I start asking questions, we end up with the "demographics" thing.

I agree compeletly. Maybe this is how they are hunting for those illusive silent majority demographic people that give them tons of feedback to make changes that at face value almost nobody seems to want. :huh:

Edited by WarHippy, 01 May 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#264 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Now, I wasn't going to go there...

I said they're avoiding ME, not everyone else :huh:

#265 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 01 May 2013 - 07:52 AM, said:

I think you missed the point.
It's the hyperbolic rhetoric that I troll, not the topics themselves.
If you can't have a conversation without resorting to allusions of totalitarian censorship, accusations of malfeasance avoid absolutes like "always" and "never", and fall back on ad hominem when it's not going your way, your argumentative skills are poor at best.
You put yourselves into traps, and in the interest of making you post better, I exploit that, and I do it in such a way that if the MODs were forced to moderate me, then they'd have to moderate your position too. The difference is, I don't believe I'm being censored when they do it, I accept the fact that I might have gone too far.

I eat hyperbole and ad hominem for breakfast.

You give yourself waaaayyyy too much credit.You think you are Tesla, but really you are Simpson.

#266 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostDishevel, on 01 May 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

he is a moderator of that sub reddit.

Well thats what I get for not being overly familiar with reddit. Either way I am now seeing that niko is posting a lot about these forum changes on reddit and talking with people there. Seems odd to me since that discussion should be happening on the forums it pertains to and not off in some other corner of the internet.

#267 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostGreyfyl, on 01 May 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

You give yourself waaaayyyy too much credit.You think you are Tesla, but really you are Simpson.

Jessica or Homer? Wait, nevermind, they are the same in this context...:huh: Unless you meant something totally different...then I am the Homer...

BTW, roadbeer will now label this an ad hominem...

#268 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostGreyfyl, on 01 May 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

You truly make is SOOOO easy some times. I'll let this one slide.

View PostDeaconW, on 01 May 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

BTW, roadbeer will now label this an ad hominem...

Nope, I actually know what that word means.

Thanks for keeping me topical though guys :huh: my ego loves you.

#269 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 01 May 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

Nope, I actually know what that word means.

Maybe I know more? :huh:

Guilt by association can sometimes also be a type of ad hominem fallacy if the argument attacks a source because of the similarity between the views of someone making an argument and other proponents of the argument.

http://www.logically...-by-association

#270 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 01 May 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

You truly make is SOOOO easy some times. I'll let this one slide.

Engrish much?

I'm glad you will let this one slide.....shouldn't you be off white-knighting somewhere though. I hear a post off in the distance bashing PGI.....HURRY ROADBEER YOU MUST DEFEND PGI's HONOUR.

#271 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostGreyfyl, on 01 May 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

HONOUR.

Furriner...:huh:

#272 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

/basks in the attention like a lizard on a warm rock, in the sun

MOAR

#273 Purplefluffybunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostDishevel, on 01 May 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

http://www.reddit.co...ervices_let_us/

Again though. Like I said. I do not think Niko was intending to actually threaten.

For goodness sake please don't post that here. I know some of you think you are helping but you are not as I will get the blame. Could I ask that you self remove this please? I've promised IGP staff that I would not link such stuff here. Thanks anyway guys.

#274 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 01 May 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

/basks in the attention like a lizard on a warm rock, in the sun

How aprapo...that's how I've always envisioned you!

Posted Image

#275 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostHekalite, on 01 May 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

The current forum structure is bad enough that most days I just can't be bothered to weed my way through all the sub forums. Is that what you want? To drive away people who are willing to give feedback?

Yes, duh

Its cause those ppl make too much noise. Its much better hearing only the sounds of White Knights and fan-types. They make pleasing noises.

View PostGreyfyl, on 01 May 2013 - 04:15 AM, said:

You rant on and on about how the GD forum was a cesspool, yet this is one of your typical trolling posts. You derail more converstions than just about anyone in these forums, yet have the audacity to complain about how bad the forums are.

As for the topic at hand.....the GD forum were eliminated because they were an embarrasment to the people at PGI who by their own actions have shown themselves to have huge internet egos...kinda like roadbeer actually now that I think about it. The GD will not be coming back, we all know this.

I suggest we just make the comstar focus group the new GD. Make the forum nazis work for their pay (so to speak of course)!

shhh you arent allowed to point out when the knights are hypocrites, they report you for that

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 01 May 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#276 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 01 May 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

Yes, duh

Its cause those ppl make too much noise. Its much better hearing only the sounds of White Knights and fan-types. They make pleasing noises.

shhh you arent allowed to point out when the knights are hypocrites, they report you for that

[image deleted]

Edited by miSs, 03 May 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#277 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostDishevel, on 01 May 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Give RoadBeer a break.

One. He is jsut being who he has always been. No change.

Two. He is actually helping our cause. He is showing how breaking up the forums not only creates rage but does nothing to stop the trolls.

So by showing that trolls will continue to troll the only reason they can point to to keep stomping on our heads with their Official IGP Stormtrooper boots is that they just do not want to hear us.
Let them make that argument in public.

You have a point, he's just a professional troll. The trolling PGI was getting boring so he's putting on a knight's helmet and pretending to come to their defense. Its more fun to troll like that I hear.
After all, he's not a real white knight, he'll "put PGI's feet to the fire when they need it and have done it in the past"

#278 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 01 May 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

So far ... I honestly don't like the new forum format. Hopefully at some point that will change.

View PostWarHippy, on 01 May 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

I know you think acting the way you do makes people post better, but in reality all you do is agitate and derail topics even further. It helps nobody, and is counterproductive to anyone's goals. Some want to let their frustration be known and others want to have a good discussion, but neither is possible when people troll threads in a vain attempt to provide for the greater good of post quality.

agh crap I agree with Stone Profit I feel dirty

View PostVasces Diablo, on 01 May 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

I get that general was a kind of rough (it is in any game forum) with a its fair share of negativity and redundant posts. However, it was also very efficient at getting out information and allowed for wholistic discussion of the game.

Which seems to have been the general (no pun intended) problem

#279 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

I've spoken to loads of people on Teamspeak recently who still think we're getting the Flea this month.

So, so sad.

#280 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

well looking at these 7 day stats since the forum changes were announced I guess the 'silent majority' dont like the cornbread either

http://traffic.alexa...u=mwomercs.com

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users