- - - - -

Community Forum Referendum - 26/04/2013

166 replies to this topic

Poll: Community Forum Change Poll (237 member(s) have cast votes)

Workarounds & Help a Player

1. Keep Workarounds as a section of Support & Feedback. (118 votes [49.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.79%

2. Move Workarounds to rest under Help a Player. (69 votes [29.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.11%

3. Abstain (50 votes [21.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.10%

BattleMech Guides

1. Keep BattleMech Guides divided by Weight-class. (126 votes [53.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.16%

2. Unify BattleMech Guides into a single-forum. (95 votes [40.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.08%

3. Abstain (16 votes [6.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.75%

Other Guides

1. Keep the various Guide sections divided in their subjects. (85 votes [35.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.86%

2. Unify the other Guides into a General Guides section. (127 votes [53.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.59%

3. Abstain (25 votes [10.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.55%

Menus & UI Game Discussion

1. Do Not create this subforum. (133 votes [56.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.12%

2. Create this subforum. (68 votes [28.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.69%

3. Abstain (36 votes [15.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.19%

Mech Decor Discussion

1. Do Not create this subforum. (140 votes [59.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.07%

2. Create this subforum. (59 votes [24.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.89%

3. Abstain (38 votes [16.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.03%

Ready Room and Debriefing Room

1. Keep the two sub-forums distinguished. (30 votes [12.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.66%

2. Merge the two sub-forums into the Barracks. (163 votes [68.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.78%

3. Abstain (44 votes [18.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.57%

Factions

1. Leave Factions sections under MWO Universe. (146 votes [61.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.60%

2. Seperate Factions section into their own forum category. (49 votes [20.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.68%

3. Abstain (42 votes [17.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.72%

Fan Movement

1. Keep the Fan Forums on the Front Page to increase their visual presence. (132 votes [55.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.70%

2. Create a Fan Movement Section to reduce the visual presence of the Fan Forums. (40 votes [16.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.88%

3. Abstain (65 votes [27.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.43%

BattleTech Discussion

1. Keep the Novels & Lore, Table-Top, and Video Games sub-forums. (76 votes [32.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.07%

2. Revert and merge all back into BattleTech Discussion. (124 votes [52.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.32%

3. Abstain (37 votes [15.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.61%

Vote

#21 Jaguar Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 219 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Most can care less about the these sub forums. And you guys know it. You can do pretty much anything you want with the forums as long as we have "General Discussion" in it's past form. If you feel that you are making the forums better for majority of the forum goers, the last few days should have shown you that you are wrong. GD was the most visited for a reason.

#22 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but K town is a subforum of a subforum of a subforum yes? Buried 3 layers deep that casuals have no access to as you MUST be logged in to even see it exists as it doesnt show up if not logged into the website. Why is that by the way? It seems to be the only subforum this applies to?

#23 IceGryphon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 272 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

View Postjakucha, on 26 April 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. Anyway, this is a good step.

I see you have never dealt with /b/ going down.
I don't need /b/tards running around in my other forums.
They turn everything into a mess like Occupy Wall Street and those dirty smelly hippies.
Posted Image

#24 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostJaguar Prime, on 26 April 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Most can care less about the these sub forums. And you guys know it. You can do pretty much anything you want with the forums as long as we have "General Discussion" in it's past form. If you feel that you are making the forums better for majority of the forum goers, the last few days should have shown you that you are wrong. GD was the most visited for a reason.

yeah because there are a lot of people who are too lazy to think about where they should actually be posting stuff. so we could have a useless forum section that the developers can't get anything from because it is far too haphazard OR we could have an organized system where the developers can maybe, just maybe find the occasional useful tidbit of community feedback.

everyone complains that they don't listen to the community. this will make it easier for them to listen.

#25 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

View Postblinkin, on 26 April 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

suggestions has become much more unsanitary since general was shut down. maybe we do need a good place to store the overflow of useless posts/posters. just allow people to make new threads in k-town and make it the new general forums section, seems to be a healthy fit.

You can make new threads in deep periphery which is in the same section as K-town: http://mwomercs.com/...deep-periphery/

#26 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

View Postjozkhan, on 26 April 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but K town is a subforum of a subforum of a subforum yes? Buried 3 layers deep that casuals have no access to as you MUST be logged in to even see it exists as it doesnt show up if not logged into the website. Why is that by the way? It seems to be the only subforum this applies to?

it is the forum dumping ground for all of the useless threads that are just mindless insults or have nothing to do with anything on the MWO forums, but don't directly violate the code of conduct (my observations of it anyway).

#27 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Not voting as I don't care about any of the sub forums at all. Now on to find where I can vote for the return of general discussion ...

#28 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

Those poll questions are not based on the community feedback about the forum changes. I abstain.

#29 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

on a side note,

why did game balance disappear? it seemed to be a fairly productive section, even if it did seem to soak up most of the QQ threads.

edit: nvm, just found it again. it also moved to the general discussion section.

Edited by blinkin, 26 April 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#30 ferranis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 473 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Crowd: bring gd back!
Mwo: did i hear more subforums? More subforums for everyone!

#31 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Why is this in "suggestions"? It belongs in the website forum. It took me forever to find it.

I vote we flatten the whole mess under the "general discussion" header except factions. The only forum that really matters is GD. I spend more time looking for things than reading as it is now. Its not even worth coming here.

#32 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

View Postkuangmk11, on 26 April 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Why is this in "suggestions"? It belongs in the website forum. It took me forever to find it.

I vote we flatten the whole mess under the "general discussion" header except factions. The only forum that really matters is GD. I spend more time looking for things than reading as it is now. Its not even worth coming here.

HELL NO!!! ok before i was mostly annoyed at you people and your obsession with a general discussion area that is choked with random crap, but there is no frigging way i am going to put up with you sinking the actual useful sections of the forum without putting up a fight.

#33 LockeJaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Worthless poll until "Adding General Discussion" is the one and only question on it.

Edit: Abstained from voting. Calling this a democratic voting thread... is ***king laughable. DPRK comes to mind with this version of democracy.

Edited by LockeJaw, 26 April 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#34 Gregory Owen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

"Asteigh air an dala cluais 'samach air a' chluais eile." Quoted from Garth

#35 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

too many subforums as it is. bring back general discussion and combine most of these useless subforums.

#36 Volume

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

I haven't played in a while, or even looked at the forums in like over a month, so it's kinda funny that I come back a few days after general discussion was removed.

I read the reasoning here, but it still seems like a cop-out.

I mean, hypothetically, let's say someone wanted to ask what changed, since they know plenty of changes aren't documented in patch notes and they'd like to get up to speed with the progress made in the past couple months - what subforum is good for that? The only thing I could think of is "metagame" but it's really more about general state of the game, and general discussion was where something like that would go, not offtopic, since it's kind of on-topic.

#37 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

where is the "return General Discussion" voting option?

#38 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

I abstain from voting, you guys constantly claim to be listening to the opinion of the forum users, but STILL despite an outcry for the return of general discussion, seem hell bent on doing things your way. What's the point?

GD was the only section of the forum i chose to visit to get quick up to date info on everything MWO, now i have to wade through a quagmire of crap to even find topics and personally i don't have the time nor the inclination to do so.

#39 Jaguar Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 219 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Postblinkin, on 26 April 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

yeah because there are a lot of people who are too lazy to think about where they should actually be posting stuff. so we could have a useless forum section that the developers can't get anything from because it is far too haphazard OR we could have an organized system where the developers can maybe, just maybe find the occasional useful tidbit of community feedback.

everyone complains that they don't listen to the community. this will make it easier for them to listen.

Two things:

1, The lazy people you speak of are the majority of the player base.

2, The only time they listen is when there is an uproar. (we can always take a trip down memory lane starting in closed beta.)

#40 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Undo the obvious divide and conquer tactic you guys did with GD... thats my vote

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users