- - - - -

Community Forum Referendum - 26/04/2013

166 replies to this topic

Poll: Community Forum Change Poll (237 member(s) have cast votes)

Workarounds & Help a Player

1. Keep Workarounds as a section of Support & Feedback. (118 votes [49.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.79%

2. Move Workarounds to rest under Help a Player. (69 votes [29.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.11%

3. Abstain (50 votes [21.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.10%

BattleMech Guides

1. Keep BattleMech Guides divided by Weight-class. (126 votes [53.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.16%

2. Unify BattleMech Guides into a single-forum. (95 votes [40.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.08%

3. Abstain (16 votes [6.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.75%

Other Guides

1. Keep the various Guide sections divided in their subjects. (85 votes [35.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.86%

2. Unify the other Guides into a General Guides section. (127 votes [53.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.59%

3. Abstain (25 votes [10.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.55%

Menus & UI Game Discussion

1. Do Not create this subforum. (133 votes [56.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.12%

2. Create this subforum. (68 votes [28.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.69%

3. Abstain (36 votes [15.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.19%

Mech Decor Discussion

1. Do Not create this subforum. (140 votes [59.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.07%

2. Create this subforum. (59 votes [24.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.89%

3. Abstain (38 votes [16.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.03%

Ready Room and Debriefing Room

1. Keep the two sub-forums distinguished. (30 votes [12.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.66%

2. Merge the two sub-forums into the Barracks. (163 votes [68.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.78%

3. Abstain (44 votes [18.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.57%

Factions

1. Leave Factions sections under MWO Universe. (146 votes [61.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.60%

2. Seperate Factions section into their own forum category. (49 votes [20.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.68%

3. Abstain (42 votes [17.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.72%

Fan Movement

1. Keep the Fan Forums on the Front Page to increase their visual presence. (132 votes [55.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.70%

2. Create a Fan Movement Section to reduce the visual presence of the Fan Forums. (40 votes [16.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.88%

3. Abstain (65 votes [27.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.43%

BattleTech Discussion

1. Keep the Novels & Lore, Table-Top, and Video Games sub-forums. (76 votes [32.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.07%

2. Revert and merge all back into BattleTech Discussion. (124 votes [52.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.32%

3. Abstain (37 votes [15.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.61%

Vote

#61 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

welcome to forum warrior online!

the game about ranting, complaining, trolling, and insulting game developers!

here we see a group that is trying to DPS the developers enough to unlock the general discussion level. for those of you who don't know, general discussion is this magical place where everyone says everything at the same time and yet miraculously everyone can still find everything in the mess. according to many of the player, just before the instance closed they were on the brink of knocking over the developers. all through the shear might of their whining. and let me tell you their ability to whine is very impressive.

on a side note there is another game that is a minor spinoff from this called mechwarrior online, but this seems to be the lesser of the two games where many of these players are concerned. we shall have to see if our noble group of players is capable of defeating the developers and weaken the forums back into a much less useful state.

Edited by blinkin, 27 April 2013 - 12:33 AM.

#62 Jestun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

View Postblinkin, on 27 April 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

welcome to forum warrior online!

the game about ranting, complaining, trolling, and insulting game developers!

here we see a group that is trying to DPS the developers enough to unlock the general discussion level. for those of you who don't know, general discussion is this magical place where everyone says everything at the same time and yet miraculously everyone can still find everything in the mess. according to many of the player, just before the instance closed they were on the brink of knocking over the developers. all through the shear might of their whining. and let me tell you their ability to whine is very impressive.

on a side note there is another game that is a minor spinoff from this called mechwarrior online, but this seems to be the lesser of the two games where many of these players are concerned. we shall have to see if our noble group of players is capable of defeating the developers and weaken the forums back into a much less useful state.

Check my sig.

There are currently 88 forums / subforums if you discount the archive section.

How many do you regularly check?

Forums are to promote discussion, not just a single persons feedback. If that's all they want then they should dump the forums and use a bug report-like system offering 1 way feedback.

With the new splitting of the forums discussions are less likely as they are spread out across so many places that it's entirely unrealistic to expect as many people to view them.

#63 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

View PostJestun, on 27 April 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

Check my sig.

Forums are to promote discussion, not just a single persons feedback. If that's all they want then they should dump the forums and use a bug report-like system offering 1 way feedback.

With the new splitting of the forums discussions are less likely as they are spread out across so many places that it's entirely unrealistic to expect as many people to view them.

this one is using his signature 88 forums attack! along with the more general "the forums are too spread out attack" that most use.

Edited by blinkin, 27 April 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#64 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

View Postblinkin, on 27 April 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

this one is using his 88 forums attack for the second time! along with the more general "the forums are too spread out attack" that most use.

A convincing and constructive rebuttal.

#65 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

View PostJestun, on 27 April 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

A convincing and constructive rebuttal.

now here is a very basic discrediting combined with a low amount of shame type damage.

#66 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

View Postblinkin, on 27 April 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

now here is a very basic discrediting combined with a low amount of shame type damage.

*sigh*

Your sig is right, it's not disagreeing with people that makes you seem like a troll.

#67 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

View PostJestun, on 27 April 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

*sigh*

Your sig is right, it's not disagreeing with people that makes you seem like a troll.

this complaint and the people who whine about it have repeatedly made it very clear how little of my respect is deserved, so yeah i am trolling because hey guess what it halted your whining about losing some forum section for a little bit.

#68 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

View Postblinkin, on 27 April 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

this complaint and the people who whine about it have repeatedly made it very clear how little of my respect is deserved, so yeah i am trolling because hey guess what it halted your whining about losing some forum section for a little bit.

Oh yeah, since you came into the thread I've not said a word! good job!

;)

#69 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

View PostJestun, on 27 April 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

Oh yeah, since you came into the thread I've not said a word! good job!

;)

never said you were silent, but the past several posts have been about something besides the frigging general discussion QQ.

#70 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

View Postblinkin, on 27 April 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

never said you were silent, but the past several posts have been about something besides the frigging general discussion QQ.

And the sole reason I posted this was you:

View PostJestun, on 27 April 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

Check my sig.

;)

#71 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

I praise the fact that a poll has appeared on this issue. It is beyond me why you guys do not ask our opinions before making changes. This is not the first time. For example just consider the unilateral changes to the TS3 servers, made without consultation. I hope this lesson has been learnt and that you consult us first before making changes like this.

I would like to state now that it is disingenuous to title a set of sub-forums as 'general discussion' because what follows under that category is anything but 'general'. We still don't have a general discussion area?

P.S. Niko you are missing an option on your poll, it goes something like this;

"Would a sub-forum / forum titled general discussion be wanted by you, our customers?"

P.P.S Another quick point on the first P.S. It is not a proper referendum when you do not even put the above question I cite up for vote. You are exhibiting the exact same behaviour that we were all getting het up about in the first place, when you unilaterally removed the general discussion forum.

P.P.P.S The votes need to be private Niko.

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 27 April 2013 - 02:04 AM.

#72 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

I have to look into my forum profile all the time to find the threads where i posted in, thats how good the new structure is working.

#73 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

With 88 subforums and counting still why on earth is there no support / bug reporting subforum?

Known Issues subforum which is a subforum of Patch Notes (eh?) players cannot open topics in... greeeat.

Support Workarounds doesnt seem to be the right place either as it says 'Existing workaround for technical issues that we are currently working on.'

With Launch coming up fast I cant be the only one who wants a hard push on getting the disconnect bug and the major HUD bugs which render competitive play unplayable (No HUD, No IFF, Borked Minimap, No Map, no Chat) FIXED.

It's time to stop messing about with lower grade fixes and fix the big things that beta testing is for and what I'm sure the player base unanimously wants to see fixed and is willing to help get it done.

Can we please have a forum dedicated to QA and to major bug fixing this side of launch date?

#74 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

BTW PGI and IGP r = 0.87 for the correlation between 'friendship networks' amongst the community and who has voted for what in this poll.

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 27 April 2013 - 02:14 AM.

#75 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

Boy Pgi...you screwed the pooch on this one.

@Blinkin - You asked me to refute your later arguments.
Well...I won't. People on these boards have done so far more eloquently. Take what Jetsun posted.
Whether you agree or disagree - there is a hue and cry about the sudden elimination of a 'General Discussion' thread.
It's a geniune, legitimate matter of some social importance and deserves to be addressed. If only because the undertones of what PGI has done reeks a little bit of censorship.
And yes, if you want to call what I'm posting Whinning, then I take some cheese with that.

#76 krash27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 582 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

View Postblinkin, on 26 April 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

yes lets!
  • state rewind (direct attempt to counter lag shield)
  • PPC/ERPPC heat reduction (i thought they were great weapons before this but the community disagreed)
  • jump jets (several changes to balance them and keep people off of skyscrapers)
  • UAC5 (holy crap they have tried dozens of methods to balance these)
  • flamers (huge damage buff recently)
  • machine guns (crit damage was an attempt to make them desirable)
  • testing grounds (was ripped right out of the suggestions forum)
  • alpine (came from countless complaints that maps were too small)
  • streaks (went through several changes in closed beta)
  • cockpit size for almost every released mech (all directly from QQ threads)
  • ballistic weapon flight speeds (increased because people whined about not being able to aim)
  • they got rid of firing delay on ballistic weapons (i never even imagined this was possible)
  • locking arms to torso (that was a rough surprise when i first played with that)
  • decaying throttle (again one of the community demands that i had to turn off)
  • manual missile doors (i just got used to the 0.50 second delay when using my SRM catapult before that was added)
  • missile door indicator (not what it could be but it is there)
  • chat before match
  • chat after match
  • mech designations displayed for other players in game
  • the broken ship out in the water on forest colony
  • the rocks added to caustic
  • double heat sink adjustments (whether you agree or not there were plenty of posts about nerfing DHS)
  • several redesigns on river city
  • thermal (i thought the old version was fine)
  • night vision (i loved it for close combat and just wished there were more night maps)
  • gauss rifle hit points (direct result of gaussapult QQ threads)
  • increases on most AC weapon ammo
  • ECM effect on PPC (from ECM QQ threads)
  • new pilot bonus cbills
  • component based rewards
  • reduction of heat in the caustic caldera
  • cheap single use paint schemes (have one on my catapult)
  • rework of whole painting menu
  • heat profile in mech lab
  • top speed in mech lab
  • open crit space in mech general stats
  • open crit space shown on each individual component when crit space is moused over
  • equipment shown in each component and number of when moused over
  • coolant flush (again whether you like it or not people asked for it)
  • chain fire
  • mech lab reworks
ALL of these things (and many more) were mentioned in the suggestions forum (except the stuff that happened in closed beta, then it was the beta forums) before it was added to the game. i have been here i do remember, which is more than i can say for many on these forums. is this game exactly what i want? no i mostly quit playing weeks ago, but it is an outright lie to say they ignore what is said on the forums.

Hmm, none of this looks like it was game breaking. As I recall there were several game breaking bugs/exploits that the community had to rage about for it to get fixed.

And a couple more:
There will never be coolant flush.
There will never be 3PV etc etc etc

Edited by krash27, 27 April 2013 - 05:18 AM.

#77 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

View Postblinkin, on 27 April 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

Posted Image

#78 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

"Revert and merge all back into BattleTech Discussion."
and use "Novels & Lore, Table-Top, and Video Games" as a description

#79 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

View Postkrash27, on 27 April 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

And a couple more:

They kept the possibility of 3rd person view open. they said they would not include it... IF IT GAVE PEOPLE THE ADVANTAGE. But they may split 1st person players and 3rd person players. there's a whole thread about them talking about 3rd person and how they're exploring the idea and attempting to implement 3rd person. You should get over the past. People holding onto "they said this 6+ months ago!" should really open their mind and stop being dramatic.

They said there wouldn't be coolant flush but meant not in the same way MW4 had it implemented; where every mech had it, used it, and could control how much to use (you could click the flush button 10 tems and only use 10% of the coolant each time).
Now it's a module where you can only have max 2 clicks, costs money(cbills and mc), and you cannot control how much each coolant flush uses (you can't use half of your 9x9 coolant).
It's still coolant, but it's very different how it's implemented.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 27 April 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#80 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

View Postkrash27, on 27 April 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Hmm, none of this looks like it was game breaking. As I recall there were several game breaking bugs/exploits that the community had to rage about for it to get fixed.

And a couple more:

define "game breaking" and i would prefer a definition that was more complex than "the stuff i complain about". last i saw the game still ran just fine and i was able to get kills just like i always had before with my brawler. does the game operate exactly how i would like it to? hell no, but it is a fully functional game.

it was claimed that the developers ignore everything that is said on the forums. i provided a series of cases that prove that claim false.

last i saw coolant flush and 3rd person were not game breaking either. and coolant flush wasn't forgotten (3rd from the bottom).

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users