345 replies to this topic

#341 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

View Postzer0imh, on 14 January 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

I TRUST PGI

i know they can make this control scheme happen.

Posted Image

Errr... you can do that now. The leg turning isn't analog inside the game yet, but you can map your joystick X axis to the "Turn" field in the Joystick (3rd) column. You can map your joystick Y axis to the throttle. You might need to make a USER.CFG edit to split the range for forward and backward, and there is another command to invert the axis if needed. The mouse already controls the aiming by default.

#342 Overdrive

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

I like Zero's set up. Seems very functional if it works well with the game.

#343 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

hmm...joystick on the left hand would be too complicated for me as flight simulation player. First i saw zer0imh's setup i thought he was lefthander... :D Thou i´m not a good commander but better Mechwarrior the keyboard will be unnecessary for me the moment a joystick will work without five years of study.

#344 Gandalfrockman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

I used to think razer made decent if somewhat overpriced products, then a friend of mine got me to try out his steelseries sensei..It is better than even razers high end stuff (I was using a mamba at the time) in pretty much every conceivable way.

http://steelseries.c...elseries-sensei

It isnt as flashy, but its built better, moves better, performs better, has a better easier to clean coating, the software is easy to use and integrates with the mouse at a firmware level (clever trick, so you just bring your mouse with you to any machine and you dont need to load any software, your setting are all in firmware the on the mouse) Basically, while the razer's products seemed like toys, the sensei feels like a precision tool. Its been great in photoshop and illustrator, when I dont have my wacom handy too.

AS IF THAT WERENT ENOUGH...it costs about half as much as razers equivalent product.

I Liked razers product and it wasn't shoddy or anything, but honestly? Something that costs half as much completely devastates it. If they are supposedly producing something so high end, that just shouldn't happen. If Steelseries actually advertised for crap, I suspect they would force razer to adapt, but they seem perfectly happy to sit their quietly producing the best gotdanged mouse I have ever layed my hands on and not tell a blessed soul.

(Note: I don't work for or know anyone at steelseries or anything, also the sensei is pretty understated from the whole big black plastic monolith covered in garrish flashing lights Point of view. So I guess thats a win for Razer?)

#345 JuiceKeeper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

does this promo means we will get also better support for joysticks ?:)

#346 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

A nice mouse this steelseries, well...but still a mous. I haven´t senn a mouse in a mech neither in TT Cockpit pictures nor the animated cartoons...i need this joystick experience :D

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users