#321 Gbanger

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Just to add my two cents
If this is truly for MWO then:

Issue 1: Remove the built in monitor and enable people to use their tablets/lcd monitors which will help reduce cost.

1.a True secondary monitor.

Providing multi monitor support to have your minimap, paperdoll or whaterver you want

Issue 2: I do not like the gamepad keys and separate throttle control. I already own a joystick and gamepad. This current design does not improve on my setup.

I suggest a single large throttle control with 4 finger and 1 thumb button.

Issue 3: needs pedals.

Edited by Gbanger, 10 December 2012 - 05:05 AM.

#322 Manco

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Razor will never make and release this. its just fluff

#323 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Never say never ;)

But if you swap the monitor, a Microsoft Flight Console will do better. For you have the throttel on your left with some buttons for night/heat vision, battlegrid, override heat, jump etc. and the movement direction on the pedals. Weapons and everything done by Torso will be on the Stick.

All you need is a box made of wood/cardbox with a door, put all your IT Stuff into it, spray everything with Boltgun Metal and...tada...feel like a real Mechwarrior :(

#324 RenegadeMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationUSA's Caustic Valley: Arizona

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

In order for the Artemis to be successful, Razer needs to show that it will be more fun or better than a keyboard and mouse configuration. If the target audience is more of the hardcore gaming crowd, then the Artemis needs to be just as good or better than someone who has a gaming mouse (i.e. Razer Naga Hex) or gaming keyboard with extra/programmable keys. I already have both, I love it, and I'm not looking to spend much money on additional computer hardware. So its going to be a tough sell for me personally.

With all that said, I'll contrast my feedback with someone else's:

View PostGbanger, on 10 December 2012 - 05:03 AM, said:

Just to add my two cents
If this is truly for MWO then:

Issue 1: Remove the built in monitor and enable people to use their tablets/lcd monitors which will help reduce cost.
1.a True secondary monitor.
Providing multi monitor support to have your minimap, paperdoll or whaterver you want

Issue 2: I do not like the gamepad keys and separate throttle control. I already own a joystick and gamepad. This current design does not improve on my setup.
I suggest a single large throttle control with 4 finger and 1 thumb button.

Issue 3: needs pedals.

I completely agree with #1 because I have a 19 inch monitor lying around that would make one hell of a radar screen next to my 50 inch plasma screen. If they removed the monitor and subsequently made it cheaper, I would be more likely to buy this.

From #2, I could see how the existing keypad & separate throttle control could be awkward. I would want to move it with my thumb only without my other fingers leaving the keypad, and I don't think that would be easy given how wide the keypad is. I would want the keypad to instead be a Hands On Throttle control with either 4+1 buttons or maybe fit more on somehow.

As for #3, not sure that I would want to use pedals only because I play MWO while on a couch, kinda laid back with the keyboard in lap and mouse on the couch cushion to my right. So I would have to get something desk-like to put the controller on.

#325 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostJae Hyun Nakamura, on 10 January 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

[.....]a Microsoft Flight Console will do better. For you have the throttel on your left with some buttons for night/heat vision, battlegrid, override heat, jump etc. and the movement direction on the pedals. Weapons and everything done by Torso will be on the Stick.

Whoa. Does MWO actually support the Microsoft Flight Console?? THis sounds awesome

#326 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostRenegadeMaster, on 10 January 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

In order for the Artemis to be successful, Razer needs to show that it will be more fun or better than a keyboard and mouse configuration. If the target audience is more of the hardcore gaming crowd, then the Artemis needs to be just as good or better than someone who has a gaming mouse (i.e. Razer Naga Hex) or gaming keyboard with extra/programmable keys. I already have both, I love it, and I'm not looking to spend much money on additional computer hardware. So its going to be a tough sell for me personally.

With all that said, I'll contrast my feedback with someone else's:

I completely agree with #1 because I have a 19 inch monitor lying around that would make one hell of a radar screen next to my 50 inch plasma screen. If they removed the monitor and subsequently made it cheaper, I would be more likely to buy this.

From #2, I could see how the existing keypad & separate throttle control could be awkward. I would want to move it with my thumb only without my other fingers leaving the keypad, and I don't think that would be easy given how wide the keypad is. I would want the keypad to instead be a Hands On Throttle control with either 4+1 buttons or maybe fit more on somehow.

As for #3, not sure that I would want to use pedals only because I play MWO while on a couch, kinda laid back with the keyboard in lap and mouse on the couch cushion to my right. So I would have to get something desk-like to put the controller on.

Agreed.

Although on his #1 point, people have already asked that PGi include - down the road a piece, of course - support for touchscreen tablets. On #1.a, one of the common feedback suggestions to Razer from the preview of the Artemis was asking for the screen to be a functional touch-screen.

One or both of those would be nice for MW:O, in my opinion.

On #2 I believe it will be something I will wait and see - for me the size and position of the thumb throttle doesn't look bad at all. Just my two cents, though. Having owned many HOTAS setups I can honestly say I just get 'em and get used to 'em, if they were all alike why make new ones at all?

#3, Pedals? No thanks. Haven't wanted them before, don't want them now, and that will never change, either.

#327 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

And how do we supposed to aim with this **** controller? For what hell is that screen if all information is closer on the monitor? And why there is buttons instead of movement pedal\controller? I don't think many players will exchange comfortable mouse and keyboard on that!

#328 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostNick Drezary, on 10 January 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

And how do we supposed to aim with this **** controller? For what hell is that screen if all information is closer on the monitor? And why there is buttons instead of movement pedal\controller? I don't think many players will exchange comfortable mouse and keyboard on that!

As far as the "this info will be on my monitor so why is it here" topic, this has been addressed so often and for so long that it's almost nauseating to see people still whining about it.

The PGI people have said already and for quite some time that the HUD we have now will NOT be the HUD we are stuck with. We WILL be able to customize our HUDs and in so doing we could EASILY take certain info OFF of our HUD and thereby have it OFF our monitor as well, and in so doing end up with the ability to have a less cluttered HUD in our game and have those elements elsewhere...

...like...

...say, the Razer Artemis. Huh! Fancy that!

Might want to go look at the Command Chair area of the forums. You'll be a lot better informed that way. It's been there a while now and it's painless to read. ETA for all of what I said to be ingame is around three months.

Edited by Sir Roland MXIII, 10 January 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#329 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

So buttons instead of the movement pedal's/controller and aiming with banana should make everyone happy?

#330 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostNick Drezary, on 10 January 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

So buttons instead of the movement pedal's/controller and aiming with banana should make everyone happy?

No matter what Razer will not please everyone, so using that as a reason to propose pedals is extremely ill advised.

#331 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

ETA for all of what I said to be ingame is around three months.

(Hello, community warfare after 90 days of open beta) So we get the same buttons+ banana controller+ useless screen! Not a single reason currently to buy this(okay this is impossible to make everyone happy, but there should be at least something, that would make game more comfortable for player and i can't see a single improvement of the "game experience" from this Artemis)

Edited by Nick Drezary, 10 January 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#332 torgian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 283 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

To be honest, this game is not 'simulation' enough for me to warrant handing over some cash for a stick/display/throttle combination. I can see this being in the 2-300 dollar range as well.

Now, if this game ever featured separate functions to warrant the extra buttons and switches on the control combo, then maybe I'll be more inclined to buy such a peripheral. But, I doubt they'll make this game into something that is beyond an arcade-ish shooter.

#333 Dantioch

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

must buy, must consume, must kill the rich, lol u ******* consume robots, dont pay for crap and dont pay for crap u dosent need in the first place lol.

PS: (and who gives a **** abouth 20 shool kids, when every yeahr 500.000 african kids die on malaria u ******* hypocrats.)

#334 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

...so why do you play war on your pc spending your money for hardware, providers and/or nearly 20 bucks for a digital puppet and not spending it for this poor malaria sick children? I think malaria sick children should matter in the "help malaria sick children in afrika" Thread. We are talking about something to help...or maybe not... play this nice BT Simulation where my head thinks of damage pixel machines and not all the bad in the world.

P.S.: Little Matombo would have had new boots, trousers and three months of education for the money you spent on a Elite Founders Tag...so wtf are you talking about.

@Fut: Tryed it with Microsoft and Saitec, button converting programs...i'm sick of it 'cause nothing works. But Key and Mouse proves well :)

#335 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostJae Hyun Nakamura, on 14 January 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

@Fut: Tryed it with Microsoft and Saitec, button converting programs...i'm sick of it 'cause nothing works. But Key and Mouse proves well :)

That's too bad, I got a Nerd-on when I saw the looks of that Microsoft controller...
Guess I'll just stick with mouse/keyboard for now...

#336 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Maybe soon we'll get the awsome mecha feeling we want, Fut. Never forget...it's still in Beta and a lot of time till 3085 :)

#337 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I love how this video was released well in advance of MWO even being worth spending the money on! Thank god they didn't have the product ready to buy at the time of the Founders pack or there would be some REALLY ticked off people demanding money back!

Edited by Werewolf486, 14 January 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#338 zer0imh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFomalhaut

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

pgi please make a control config where the joystick is mapped for forward, backward, turn left and turn right movement. the mouse will still be used for torso movement and aiming.

this is the most ideal control config imo for best immersion and best precision.

make it happen pgi... pls

Posted Image

Edited by zer0imh, 14 January 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#339 zer0imh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFomalhaut

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

I TRUST PGI

i know they can make this control scheme happen.

Posted Image

#340 Herodes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

I am looking forward to the Artemis. Looks baddass and should make me feel like a real warrior. Mouse and keyboard better? Maybe, maybe not. But immersion and feeling dictate I get this controller. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users