Annoucing the Razer Artemis!

345 replies to this topic

#281 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

I have an ******** of peripherals I want supported, i got ch products stick,rudder and throttle, not to mention my trackir. I want to look around my cockpit or lean forward and down or left.

#282 DuSucre

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationVendée - FRANCE-

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Not for left-handed ones... obviously.

Not gonna buy... obviously.

#283 MechZ1lla

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationOver there. No. Over there.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

View PostStickjock, on 31 October 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

considering that joystick support was put on the back-burner while they get game-play issues going no wonder joysticks don't work that well...

I say again tho'... partnering with Razer, everyone has to realize that full joystick support is coming... why partner to have the Artemis made than blow off all support for it...

Big thing here though is...what's it going to cost? If you're anything like me, you've gone and put down some serious coin on peripherals. I drew the line at Steel Battalion's controller, because I'm sorry...that kind of cash for a franchise that fell flat on it's face?

Nah. I'll use my 3D extreme, if at all, and most likely stick with my steelcase gaming mouse.

#284 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

Saitek has a few ambidextrous models that are nice. I think the evo and i think logitech has a hotas that can be made left or right, not sure.

#285 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Question: has Razer even put out anything more than the initial fluff on the Artemis since it was announced?

#286 HooDoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationTX, USA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

I just hope it means they are finally going to work on joystick implementation now since, you know, the game is obviously in a state they are happy with and all.. /sarcasm ;)

#287 Randodan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostDuSucre, on 31 October 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

Not for left-handed ones... obviously.

Not gonna buy... obviously.

Always wondered how left-handed folks drive their cars? Don' you have to shift with your right hand, too? Do you complain about "not for left-handed" people as well? ;)

#288 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

They buy automatics.

#289 ZeroV

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

What good will that do when every match is simply the sky being lit up by a thousand LRM's? To make hiding behind a mountain more enjoyable?

#290 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Do want.

Also, I've never had a problem with Razer stuff. Then again, I have outside interests and don't use them 24/7.

#291 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostZeroV, on 31 October 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

What good will that do when every match is simply the sky being lit up by a thousand LRM's? To make hiding behind a mountain more enjoyable?

Grow a pair, hijack another thread and charge the lrm's with your team. Other than that hyjack another thread.

#292 SmackZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 303 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostViper69, on 31 October 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Grow a pair, hijack another thread and charge the lrm's with your team. Other than that hyjack another thread.

Ditto

#293 TrentTheWanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 264 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

Razer seemed to put a lot of stock in all the feedback from the initial model, so ideally if/when they announce a market product the couple of flaws pictured on the prototype will be adjusted into benefits.

I'm excited to see what comes of it!

#294 JustPyro

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Still not as many buttons as the Mek-Fu (paired with Hawken)
http://www.polygon.c...-to-battle-bots

The screen on the Mek-Fu uses your optional tablet instead of having a built in.

#295 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

What are you going to use all those buttons for? You know how many I use not counting w,a,s,d...i use 4. Any base hotas will have more buttons than your brain can remember what each one did. But if you can use and need all those buttons hell more power to you. Heck my naga has 17 buttons and i cant find a use for more than 5.

#296 Booran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Only concern is to how to control legs and torso separetly (spell check lol), I feel two stick would be ideal - one also control throttle.

#297 TrentTheWanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

I've been using stick-and-mouse so long that going back to keyboard and mouse has been a trial. Having flexible mapping in-game is going to be a huge benefit to players, so i'm hoping it comes soon.

#298 Carnivoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 05 June 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Sorry but the Artemis was doomed to be a failure the moment you selected Razer to be the manufacturer.
Their cords are low quality so they go kaputt for no real reason. Their trackrecord on quality, service and sincerity towards their customers is downright abyssmal.

My DeathAdder is the best mouse I've ever used. My Black Widow is the best keyboard I've ever used. I've had both for almost 2 years and not one problem out of either.

#299 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

I too cant hold the name razr against them. My mouse has been a loyal addition to my gaming. Naga here.

#300 Elessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostZeroV, on 31 October 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

I have seen things you people wouldn´t believe. Atlases on fire at Caustic Valley. I watched LRMs glitter in the dark near the forest colony. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users