#41 Dr Killinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostDale, on 05 June 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

I've been holding off on purchasing a joystick for MW:O, mostly because I wanted to wait and see who they partnered with after announcing that they were talking with several different manufacturers (source: FAQ). I've never had any problem with Razer quality (I've had the Lachesis for about 3 years now).

Same, I just hope it's not too pricey. I was considering the Logitech G940, which is already pricey. Considering that the Artemis doesn't have pedals (I think?), I really can't justify paying much more for it, despite that screen! If money weren't an option, I'd definitely get this and some other set of pedals.

Edited by Dr Killinger, 05 June 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#42 Urendhil

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

Only advertising! It was a waste of time to wait for this anouncement.

I want more news about my MWO instead of seeing this. I feel I set up! :P

#43 MetaMythril

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, LA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostRickDiasPK, on 05 June 2012 - 09:30 AM, said:

I'm with Henchman 24 and others on this. That was a pretty lame tease. I feel like Ralphie from A Christmas Story, upon decoding the secret "Drink More Ovaltine" ad message.

This...

#44 corpse256

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

seriously why do I need an LCD screen on my joystick controller, I amit I have a G15 keyboard but I hardly use the screen when I play games that support it. Plus why would you need a joystick to play this game anyways, better off using keyboard and mouse.

#45 Drgnman

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

I see...... Well as a concept it oviously wont be ready for MWO's launch so not alot to get excited about.

If it was released at the launch of MWO it's probably going to have a lot of issues with the high expectations I see in the video!

Just saying........ :P

#46 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Looks very cool... not sure if I'd spend the money on it when it comes out... depending on the cost of things in MWO of course :P I got a Saitek Rat5 mouse that work fine for me... (gotta fix my Saitek Cyborg X though... Z-axis broken... need to rewire it eventually)

#47 Keizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

I waited all this time to see this and it turns out to be a line art drawing bummer but if they are really going to make this then the integrated screen should be a tablet port that can fit either 10 or 7 inch tabs that way the folks who want the screen can take advantage of using there tab or not spending the extra money on a screen

#48 RobarGK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 183 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

If it is not too expensive I will definitally get it. It looks to be an almost ideal setup for a mechwarrior game.
That said, having a countdown for a concept of a controller that most of the people on this site will never touch seems a bit over the top. It would have been better done as a standard news release. Save the countdowns for the things that everyone will have the oppurtunity to enjoy.
Still, I hope it is affordable so I can get it, and that it releases soon.

#49 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

interesting. looks way out of my price range tho. do you know how many times i would have to rub the wife's feet to earn that? *shudder*

#50 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Huh, a countdown timer for this? Any specs on it yet? Can you reverse the joystick and keypad? Living in a right hand biased world sucks sometimes. :P

#51 redplauge

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

the only real questions i have are; how much?
is there a lefty compatible edition?
and can one just buy oh say only the joystick.

anyone remember the iron warrior or whatever the name of that game was? it came with like a 300$ setup somewhat like this (with 3 foot pads). in fact that was about the only way to play that game if i remember correctly.

Edited by redplauge, 05 June 2012 - 10:25 AM.

#52 Goldhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 379 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

I feel like a Steiner mech jock that just got assigned a one-legged Fireball.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Fireball
smh Piranha

#53 TimberJon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

Nine!

Razor? Force feedback is expected, but not a high selling point. This is a good compromise to the whole "cockpit chair" that is in demand. The integrated screen isn't the best idea maybe.

This model is nice, and as you can see some people are claiming "sold" or "mine" or "wantz". Thats good feedback. But also see if you can sell an alternate version for more hardcore BT vets that is just a control unit, to which we can hook up our own gamepad, screen (or multiple? replicator ports?), joystick(s), foot pedals (USB?), HDMI support and optic audio, etc.. Give us a serious gaming center that can be the core of our own personal "cockpit" experience.

#54 Remorce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

When i had some issues with my Razer mamba, I contacted them about it and they said instead of further troubleshooting, just send it to them and they shipped a new one to me immediately after they got it. No issues whatsoever. I don't know what issues you claim to have, but it seems that you either had a seriously bad experience, or just haven't owned a single Razer product.

#55 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

Overtly high expectations are the seed for dissapointment .

#56 Grinner

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Not what I was expecting for the Artemis reveal, but not disappointing. As others have said, a partnership with a major peripheral manufacturer is good news even if you aren't interested in the product. It shows interest and support from the industry for a game we all love dearly but is hasn't had a major release in a decade. If the price point isn't too painfully steep I might consider buying it myself AZ I haven't used a joy stick since the Mechwarrior 4 days and I doubt the one gathering dust in storage is any good any more.

#57 Adolphus Kriegsturm

Rookie

• The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

Drop the screen and I will buy it. I just don't see the need for another screen.

#58 warlock

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

I can see the fun of something like this, but the price will be what kills it. It will be so over priced most players will not be able to buy it.

But it would be fun to have :P

#59 Kcire

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 54 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNorth Eastern Pennsylvania U.S.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

It looks Sweet and all but, I'm not going to be shelling out a lot of C-bills for a Peripheral that I will only use with one Game.

#60 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

Had my Razer for several years. LOVE it. Wouldn't even think of using a different brand. Looking forward to getting an Artemis.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users