• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

View Postblinkin, on 29 April 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

quickly turn off all the lights!

cicadas aren't a medium. they are an overweight light mech.

I always thought of them as a Flea on steroids :huh:

#62 Anton Shiningstar

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostZerberus, on 29 April 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

I always thought of them as a Flea Locust on steroids :huh:

Here is the correct Mech that got ripped to become a Cicada.

#63 Triple Patte

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

The only problem I have hitting lights in my dual AC20er is because sometimes, I laugh too much and it throws off my aim. I call lights "fast moving cbills".

#64 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

Lights are destroying this game? That's just downright laughable.

What's killing this game is pop-tarting and long range weapon boating (4 ER/PPC Stalkers etc). Occasionally you will find someone using a "balanced" build with a variety of weapons and those fights will be amazing (unless said person is focused fired without a chance). But what's disappointing is that PGI still hasn't done anything meaningful to counter-act the boating. In fact when they added coolant flush they made the 4 PPC stalkers easier to play.

Lights aren't destroying this game. Terrible design decisions by the devs are ruining this game.

#65 Cubivorre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

View PostZerberus, on 29 April 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

I`v goit it, the perfect troll mech for people that want to break the game!!

A spider with ECM and a PPC!

Becasue ECM is game breaking, lights are game breaking, jumpjets are game breaking, capping is game breaking, poptarts are game breaking, ppcs as a whole are game breaking... And this thing has them all

I vil be Ze Imbanezz!!! Vear me! :huh: :D :lol:

Posted Image

#66 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

As a hard-core Atlas pilot (I've never piloted anything else since I first joined closed beta) I'll agree that for the heavy or assault pilot light mechs were at various times an absolute terror. Now that we have HSR for various weapons systems, a MUCH improved net code base and improved hit boxes for most light mechs, facing them now is very much easier than it used to be.

I no longer fear a 1-on-1 with a light mech at all unless the pilot is really very experienced indeed in that weight class. Multiple light mechs can be a problem but even they aren't the death sentence that they used to be for the assault pilots amongst us.

As others have commented, if you're having difficulty with light mechs learn to feather your throttle for maximum turning performance, reverse-turn to force them in to your firing arc, be unpredictable etc. etc. I would feel sorry for a new heavy or assault pilot going up against a light for the first time but stick with it and it'll become easier once you're more comfortable with your Jagermech.

And to the individual who thinks that assault mechs aren't viable - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha NO. My AS7-D(F) (156K XP), AS7-D-DC (165K XP) and AS7-RS(98K XP) would all like to cordially disagree with you. When used correctly assault mechs are the most powerful in the game. When used correctly...

#67 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostZerberus, on 29 April 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

I`v goit it, the perfect troll mech for people that want to break the game!!

A spider with ECM and a PPC!

Becasue ECM is game breaking, lights are game breaking, jumpjets are game breaking, capping is game breaking, poptarts are game breaking, ppcs as a whole are game breaking... And this thing has them all

I vil be Ze Imbanezz!!! Vear me! :huh: :D :lol:

LOL! That is a fun mech to play.. especially with an ERPPC.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...58270f92fe9fae9

#68 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostAnton Shiningstar, on 29 April 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

Here is the correct Mech that got ripped to become a Cicada.

You are absolutely correct, I honestly have no Idea why I wrote Flea.... thanks :huh:

#69 RAGE PRO

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

Lights sucks now with dat HSR, super hard dodge any shoots. Lights role now only cap.

Edited by RAGE PRO, 29 April 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#70 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 28 April 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

It's the primary reason i want to punch my screen nearly every time i play.

I hate lights. ECM, excessive speed, and in the right setup, a good array of weapons.

Remember that youtube video of dozens of tiny bees swarming all over those huge *** killer hornet wasps? That's basically what this game is every single time.

A classic example was just now on frozen city. Playing a jager and some commando scrub just ran round the back of me at 135kph and popped my back armour. He can run quicker than i can turn, and because of the buildings i got stuck. Dead in 20 seconds.

Matchmaking, screw you. Give me the option of playing against only heavies or assaults please.

inb4 lrn2play, lightsrox, ujustsuxlolz

Ummm... shoot them? With HSR there's really no reason to not shoot them now. It's not hard. Here's a short clip I'm using on my channel but you can see what was happening to lights before HSR. They go explodey even faster now.

View PostRAGE PRO, on 29 April 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Lights sucks now with dat HSR, super hard dodge any shots. Lights role now only cap.

They most definitely are not - I run them constantly just fine.

#71 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

qq

#72 Tribesmen

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

It all about learning how to maneuver your mech. When I started Mechwarrior back in the day it was hard for me too. Once you learn to use movement and torso turn to track lights they are a minor nuisance.

#73 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostMolvanian, on 28 April 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

"You have to improve" Yeah... ********. Lights can circle a heavy, maybe even a medium, faster then it can turn at ANY speed. Even reversing and pivoting isn't enough.

This isn't about skill, it's about dominant strategy, look the term up. Yes, an ***** playing a light will lose. A halfway decent player in a light will kill anyone in a heavy, regardless of their skill.

I have played this franchise since MW 2. MW 2 consequently was a better made game then this unbalanced load. Not worth the zero dollars I paid for it.

Oh, and before someone says it? 340 rated engine, maxed out twisting pilot bonuses. Still not enough.

I can't speak for you, since I'm not sitting in front of your computer, but I've found that reverse and pivoting is MORE than enough to follow a light mech for a revolution or two. Yes, you eventually lose them, at which point you quickly turn the other way, get them back in sight, and plunk at their legs until they explode.

With HSR it's even easier than it used to be. And this is coming from a Jager pilot who uses AC2's and AC5's for direct fire support because killing people with excessive dakka is hilarious.

If you're following the high-alpha meta most people do, it is even EASIER.

#74 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

This is why the forum needs downvoting - so we can get this stupid thread off the front page.

And this honestly is a case of L2P.

Edited by Fate 6, 29 April 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#75 Slab Squathrust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA or Billings, MT

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Light mechs are currently so awesome and OP that you only see 1 or two a match these days. All those ppc boaters wish they could be running light mechs but they didn't make the cut to run the spiders of instant death.

#76 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 28 April 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

It's easier to run around in circles at 100+kph than it is to hit the same with an ac20 at point blank range.

so your saying you stand there and snipe ( zoomed in I assume ) and wonder why you get killed by a light running up behind you .......just asking

#77 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostMolvanian, on 28 April 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

"You have to improve" Yeah... ********. Lights can circle a heavy, maybe even a medium, faster then it can turn at ANY speed. Even reversing and pivoting isn't enough.

This isn't about skill, it's about dominant strategy, look the term up. Yes, an ***** playing a light will lose. A halfway decent player in a light will kill anyone in a heavy, regardless of their skill.

I have played this franchise since MW 2. MW 2 consequently was a better made game then this unbalanced load. Not worth the zero dollars I paid for it.

Oh, and before someone says it? 340 rated engine, maxed out twisting pilot bonuses. Still not enough.

With the amount of firepower a Jager has at it's disposal if you can't make lights fear you then you're just not very good. Sorry. I don't like saying things like that, but seriously...

#78 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 28 April 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

Assault>Heavy>Medium>Light>Assault.

Working as intended.

Uh... Mediums suck. Hard.
It's Assault>Heavy>Light>Assault
Assault/Heavy/Light>Medium>Nothing

#79 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Wow... so, this thread is still a 'thing' huh?

#80 Lucy Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

Apparently so.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users