100 replies to this topic

#21 The Yeti

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 45 posts
  • LocationBackyard of Beyond

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

New Content is awesome, but i would rather the bugs being fixed before new "things" i have grown weary of frequent crashes and bug ridden matches.

#22 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

i bet Misery is a Blackjack...see Highlander.. Release Heromech on 7th.. people want to test and buy--.. release normal variants later.

#23 FrostCollar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

I really want more information on this "misery." Tell me where to put the money and I'll make it happen, just say what chassis it is!

Also, UAV and Seismic Sensor sound pretty good. UAV might be the first consumable I use in a semi-regular manner.

#24 C Leche

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSan Luis Obispo County, California

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

It's probably a stretch...
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Stalker

J. Elliot Jamison, commander of Wolf's Dragoons' Zeta Battalion piloted a Stalker for most of his career, serving with distinction during the Battle of Misery and the Fourth Succession War.

Edited by CagaLeche, 03 May 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#25 Joker Two

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

First of all, glad to get a bunch of data on upcoming patches and hear that you're focusing on fixing bugs. Only one thing bothers me:

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 03 May 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

UAV Consumable
Players can now equip and launch a new battlefield consumable – the UAV drone. This automated unmanned vehicle will launch 150m into the air, and keep station for up to 60 seconds before self-destructing. The UAV can burn through ECM, providing targets for allied team members. UAVs are vulnerable to weapon fire.

Yet another change/addition of something that is specifically useful against ECM, but provides no other benefit. That it is a consumable is even more problematic, as it could be argued that you are paying to ignore ECM. I doubt this aspect will be too bad, the implementation of consumables thus far have been fairly balanced.

However, the addition of this consumable, specifically since it only affects ECM, tells me that PGI is still trying to balance everything else around ECM's capabilities. Please, just admit it is too powerful and tone it down, I don't want the whole game balanced around ECM. This type of hard counter just extends the problem of ECM in the first place, which was that it was the only hard counter in the game. We still have systems like NARC and BAP that have essentially no functionality because of ECM, give them some purpose before you add more hard counters, especially partially monetized ones.

#26 RAGE PRO

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

i hope misery its spider with 6 MACHINE GUNS!!!

#27 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

So misery is a stalker with a ballistic hard point (or 2) as a member above had linked to. Wow PGI, hero assaults much lol.

I also want to point out that this is our first ever hero mech that has something the normal variants do not. Really want to see all the QQ with this one. All I want to say is... Can I have my Atlas Hero with duel ballistics... 1 in each side now ;)

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 03 May 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#28 FrostCollar

• 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 03 May 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

So misery is a stalker with a ballistic hard point (or 2) as a member above had linked to. Wow PGI, hero assaults much lol.

I've seen this link two times and have been unable to open it. If that information is there, could someone post the information?

I guess no one can say the Stalker is unloved by PGI if that's the case. A third hero assault too?

#29 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostFrostCollar, on 03 May 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

I've seen this link two times and have been unable to open it. If that information is there, could someone post the information?

I guess no one can say the Stalker is unloved by PGI if that's the case. A third hero assault too?
front page my friend. And the link referenced a stalker named Misery with 1 ballistic, 1 missile and 5 energy hard points.

#30 FrostCollar

• 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 03 May 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

front page my friend. And the link referenced a stalker named Misery with 1 ballistic, 1 missile and 5 energy hard points.

Ha, why would I go to the front page? It's not like anything's ever posted there.

Still, thanks for the heads up.

#31 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Ye I do not think it will be Assault hero.More probably med(we have only YLW and X-5 here...and its more light than medium).
Or Light...but still there are TDK and X-5 as a light ;)

Ok nvm it is a Stalker :(
Posted Image

MUST HAVE IT !!!!

Edited by JudgeDeathCZ, 03 May 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#32 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 03 May 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

Ye I do not think it will be Assault hero.More probably med(we have only YLW and X-5 here...and its more light than medium).
Or Light...but still there are TDK and X-5 as a light :(
look at the front page lol ;)

#33 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

I want Misery to be a Hero Spider.
Gimme ECM, 8 jets, 3 energy (1 ct, 1 each arm) Red with black webs and 15 modules ;)

I'm assuming Cobra camo will be a snake scale kind of thing...

Edited by verybad, 03 May 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#34 wDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

The only thing i´m waiting for is to get a working lobby so we can start getting team vs team going.

#35 Big Giant Head

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Locationingalaxyfarfaraway

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Yeah i see why they called Stalker Misery.
This one wont have option to mount PPCs or something

It has ballistics - left torso

Edited by Big Giant Head, 03 May 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#36 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

I don't even care if it's worth it in terms of effectiveness. If I can get that paint job and then tweak the colors come May 7th...it's damned near a foregone conclusion that I'm buying it.

#37 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostJoker Two, on 03 May 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

First of all, glad to get a bunch of data on upcoming patches and hear that you're focusing on fixing bugs. Only one thing bothers me:

Yet another change/addition of something that is specifically useful against ECM, but provides no other benefit. That it is a consumable is even more problematic, as it could be argued that you are paying to ignore ECM. I doubt this aspect will be too bad, the implementation of consumables thus far have been fairly balanced.

However, the addition of this consumable, specifically since it only affects ECM, tells me that PGI is still trying to balance everything else around ECM's capabilities. Please, just admit it is too powerful and tone it down, I don't want the whole game balanced around ECM. This type of hard counter just extends the problem of ECM in the first place, which was that it was the only hard counter in the game. We still have systems like NARC and BAP that have essentially no functionality because of ECM, give them some purpose before you add more hard counters, especially partially monetized ones.

it would be good for Lrmers to hit targets hiding behind ledges like the crater in caustic Vally and the ship and snow hill in the frozen city and the nark and Bap are useful the BAP could last longer.

Edited by Frost Lord, 03 May 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#38 Avimimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

I'd love to see info on what mech variants are coming out (Blackjack BJ-1x?). Then I could spend the next two weeks plotting loadouts... ;)

Screenshots are nice too!

Q: Why doesn't the May update mention the expected machine-gun buff on the 21st?

#39 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 03 May 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

I also want to point out that this is our first ever hero mech that has something the normal variants do not. Really want to see all the QQ with this one. All I want to say is... Can I have my Atlas Hero with duel ballistics... 1 in each side now ;)

the cicada had missile slots

#40 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

I was expecting the flea next, perhaps they decided the black jack would be better with the new map since it could be a good ballistic sniper with the speed to get to the middle with the lites.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users