148 replies to this topic

#121 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostMaarek Stele, on 06 May 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Community moral is unfortunately way down. Some of the answers and teasers of things to come are encouraging from PGI... I do hope they begin working hard to address the moral of the community. I think we all really really wish to see this game be successful. I know I do.

On another more down to earth subject, it has been said by the Devs that they wish to let the targeting remain all based on pilot actual skill. I think this is good, however, certain actions should make it harder to target across the board, and if it is the same across the board, then it doesn't affect skill based combat targeting right? Examples: Walking (moving slowly) should be slightly harder to target mechs than when standing still. As you do more complex maneuvers then it should get tougher to target effectively... Full speed (running) should be tougher than walking, and jumping should be the hardest targeting environment. As it is now, it is easiest to target while jumping, followed by standing still... Not much harder to target while walking or running than standing still. Seems like a reasonable way of helping to curb the ridiculous accuracy of the pop tarts right???

But it already is harder to aim when moving.

I don't think they need any artificial mechanism to nerf firing on the run. I can see a bit of shake when jump-jetting. But let's not go too crazy on nerfing aim.

#122 Maarek Stele

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 06 May 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

But it already is harder to aim when moving.

I don't think they need any artificial mechanism to nerf firing on the run. I can see a bit of shake when jump-jetting. But let's not go too crazy on nerfing aim.

Sorry, but I don't find it significantly different when aiming in any condition with the exception of jumping.. The only one action I find much of a difference is when jumping. It is easier to precision aim when jumping for me anyway..

#123 Thomas Covenant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

A: Current morale of the community is based on missing features, UI in the process of being revamped and lots of bugs that are to be fixed before full feature launch. It breaks our heart that the community feels like that, but here we'll have to rely the virtue of patience as we can't do everything at once. One comment that we see often is releasing new Hero Mech or anything consumable, one thing need to be understood, the team creating mech and consumable are not the same team creating CW feature and fixing the bug, they are separate entities and their work is streamlined.

Not how I or any of my friends feel at all. I sometimes am concerned about a certain design decision, but as far as moral me and any of my MWO friends feel quite positive. Pat yourself on the back yellow bull men, and ignore the riff raff, too many cool people rooting for you to think that way.

#124 CanadianBacon

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

UI 2.0 looks promising. Can't wait for 12v12

#125 Talon0000

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Is MechWarrior Online run by Piranha Games, and if so does Piranha Games have the rights to everything that FASA once had along with Microsoft concering the MechWarrior series and BattleTech universe?

Edited by Talon0000, 06 May 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#126 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

"On the forum side, we did two official polls recently, more specifically about HUD bugs and Forum reorganization, there is approximately 300 people who participated, which represent a very small % of our user base." What does it say that many people didn't even know where these polls were? I fear the moderators are going to spend more time moving threads from one board to another instead of reading them.

#127 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostCanadianBacon, on 06 May 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

UI 2.0 looks promising. Can't wait for 12v12

So.. and with whom do you think you will be able to play 12v12?

Currently it is already hard to find some decent 8v8.
Know why? Because a group queue is for groups... some organized people..and guess what they like:
organized matches, not random silliness against any hans and franz.

But since you cannot drop against the group you like, you do not drop at all. Ergo.. no groups to play 8v8 against. And you dream about 12v12? LOL

Seriously, all organized groups i know ( which are quite some as i run a league ) have issues to keep their members motivated because of the random pugging boringness coupled with some of the long persistent bugs.
And yet you dream of 12v12?

Sorry mate, as much as I'd like to play 12v12 company matches myself, as long as there is not option to play organised matches with smaller groups against other smaller groups, without PUG-fillers.... many clans will not get their already inactive members back and therefore... not much 12v12, even if supported by the net code.

The sad truth is, group play is not only about running along on a map with your team... it is about hanging out with your team AND your opponents, have some small talk between the matches, change some player slots with reserve players from your roster... discuss some tactics, even do some nice training with other units from your own faction...

#128 JayVrb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 507 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

Great Q&A session guys! However, the below statement is just a flat out lie sorry:

View PostBryan Ekman, on 03 May 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Iron War: What is the official reason to why the catipults cockpit is so large, when most other mechs had theirs reduced?
A: If you are meaning hitbox - the head hitbox is similar to other Mechs.

#129 Kaldor

• 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

Still no answer on SLI or Xfire support.... Oh well, will try again next week...

#130 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

"Hobietime: Would you guys be willing to reintroduce dev blogs? I loved reading about the technical challenges and design process of building a modern day game.
A: Dev blogs have been replaced by a variety of different concepts, like Command Chair and the Ask The Devs posts"

that's probably why a lot of these questions are repeats...you have to look in 5 different places to get a sense of what is actually being developed

#131 Sebesto

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 74 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

The tournaments while fun at first became a rather boring grind. Any thoughts on future tournaments that instead of using the best of 5-10 matches, it is the first 5-10 matches played of each weight class in the day? This would cut down on the solo grinding to get "perfect" scores in order to even get on the top 10.

#132 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

Thomas Covenant: Is any level of dynamic music in consideration? As opposed to a certain song playing on a level, dynamic music reacts to the situation such as: base capture, engaging a target, or the tide of battle(winning or losing).
A: Yes. All of the above pretty much.

Thank you for picking my question ;)

Oh noes, I made the fatal flaw of not clerifing whether you were just considering it or in production, but I will guess the second.

#133 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostThomas Covenant, on 08 May 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Thank you for picking my question :)

Oh noes, I made the fatal flaw of not clerifing whether you were just considering it or in production, but I will guess the second.

Whenever I think about what I'd like for MW:O's in-game music, i keep thinking of a Hybrid between Left 4 Dead, and Halo...

#134 MrArmagedon311

Rookie

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

One thing I really think should change is the hard points. If Mechwarrior Online is supposed to be based off of Battletech then make it Battletech. You should only be limited by weight and tonnage. Theres a way to beat every build.

#135 Texugo87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Actually, doesn't table top have building rules that made larger changes more expensive, more time consuming, require a higher tech level, and have a lesser chances of succeeding? I only played table top a couple times, quite a long time ago, but I thought there were construction rules that made changing a medium laser out for a medium pulse laser easy, quick, and cheap, but changing a machine gun for a gauss rifle was costly, time consuming, and might not work? So it's true that there wasn't a hardpoint system like we have, but in a way there was a system that limited variability and kept builds close to their original configuration. I think it would be boring if the only differences between mechs were their weight (an associated attributes like armour values) and cosmetics. There would be little point in having different mechs of the same weight then.

#136 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 10 May 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Whenever I think about what I'd like for MW:O's in-game music, i keep thinking of a Hybrid between Left 4 Dead, and Halo...

I don't know what style I'd imagine, but in the meantime when certain songs play I think about playing MWO to them:

Riders on the Storm

for example

#137 vladislav14

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

будет ли русификатор если да то когда?

многие игроки из русского региона

Edited by vladislav14, 12 May 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#138 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

View Postvladislav14, on 12 May 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

будет ли русификатор если да то когда?

многие игроки из русского региона

Я не говорю по России

Русский форумы.
http://mwomercs.com/...80%D1%83%D0%BC/

#139 DamnCatte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 171 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Some of the answers... seem to kind of miss the point of the question.

But I'm starting to wonder if we'll get a giant lampshade to put over the heads of our mechs?

#140 Marstorius

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts
  • LocationReedley, CA

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

If there was destructible environments it would take this game to a new level. Lasering trees and making structures crumble would really bring some realism during the action. Please ad this environment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users