I hate you for making me stay up all night

#22 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostKoreanese, on 06 May 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

still waiting for confirmation and evidence to clear our names of hacking/cheating/sync dropping...... come on garth! show these guys that we won fair and square!

I screenshotted the tourny list before and after. There was one individual who got first place on day 1 that was removed by PGI for cheating. I can't name and shame, but it looks like they were clearing out any cheaters.

#23 Dustmuffins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostKoreanese, on 06 May 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

We did manage to get the two highest single day scores there easily.

#24 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Well PGI has basically said there was no cheating. They just think that one move in one drop is unsportsmanlike or something.

Hopefully next tourney people who opt-in will drop against each other (a separate queue).

Edited by TheMagician, 06 May 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#25 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

I demand screenshots of this special hula girl.

#26 Jester McCloud

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

I think the winners ought to get real trophies that are cockpit items, that why when Koreanese get'***** with a PPC, we can hear them rattle.

#27 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Dude, you just make me feel even worst, 1st looser here, 2nd place overall in mediums, LMAO!! It was a pleasure to play with and against u guys, I just hope the next tournament Ill have the time to spent to get there again. <S> all

#28 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts
  • Locationhaliburton, ON. CANADA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

congrats to the winners! well done. i did not do well. i tried to have a showing in all categories. very bad idea.

#29 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

I never had a chance in this one. I don't think I broke into the top 100 on any day in any weight class.

On the other hand, I actually saw Koreanese in a match which means my Elo score has to be at least "above average"!

#30 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

Koreanese gets the poop sock cockpit item! And no he didn't do anything beside be better at pugs. Teamwork is OP ya?

not a knock on K btw he is the man

#31 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostKoreanese, on 06 May 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

But you keep saying its not about how much you play!

If you were so good you would have been in bed after 5 each day!

#32 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 06 May 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

#33 PEEFsmash

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 06 May 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

Koreanese gets the poop sock cockpit item! And no he didn't do anything beside be better at pugs. Teamwork is OP ya?

not a knock on K btw he is the man

He didn't do anything besides be better than everyone. He's also better than almost everyone at 8 mans too. Teamwork had nothing to do with it. Always solodropping, he was in a public teamspeak in the new-player training area of Comstar NA so everyone would be able to see and hear him not dropping with friends. In fact, teamwork was working against him, because by mid to late in the challenge, everyone on the other team would team up on him anyway.

But, congrats on winning the #1 prize for making yourself look like a bitter complainer that tries to take away from the legitimate and impressive accomplishments of others.

BTW, saying "not a knock on K he is the man" does not take away from your direct knock on K's accomplishments.

Edited by PEEFsmash, 06 May 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#34 Psicocat

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

well when will be event for worst player its a big chance to for me to get 1 prize for that:)

#35 Strisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 06 May 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

Right, because everyone that stayed up all night playing got first place....I don't think anyone has said that more games doesn't mean you'll have a better chance at winning....but trying to say that more games in the ONLY factor in who won is just silly

A lot of different factors went in to who won the tournament, and everyone had a chance...if I'm not proof of that then I'm not sure what to tell you....how many of you knew I even existed before this tournament?...or even know me now?

I didn't use any consumables, and was using a mech with only the basic tier unlocked and still managed to top the assault board one day. Granted I had the lowest total that won any day for assaults, but still...I was definitely the underdog and expected someone would overtake me after I stopped playing, honestly I was going to stop when I made the top ten but got a couple good games in a row that put me one point out of first so I kept going...my plan was to grace the top ten and be an honorable loser, I really don't understand the point of being a sore loser for this sort of thing, but there seem to be plenty of them out there...

Sorry to ramble, that isn't all directed totally at you hammerreborn, but I felt like I should put it out there

#36 MetaMaxy

• PipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

Am I the only one who thinks the same guy winning both medium and heavy every single day is a bit suspect???

Edited by MightyMaxyPad, 07 May 2013 - 01:47 AM.

#37 Soeth

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGibson

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

All paranoia and finger-pointing aside, congrads to all the winners! Personally i enjoyed tournament, it was a very competitive week for me :)

#38 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

View PostMightyMaxyPad, on 07 May 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Am I the only one who thinks the same guy winning both medium and heavy every single day is a bit suspect???

Unfortunately you are not...

Btw. to the people that think its just about time: I dropped A LOT and still didn't manage to get anything, you haters really need to shut up allready.

#39 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

View PostBudor, on 07 May 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

Unfortunately you are not...

Btw. to the people that think its just about time: I dropped A LOT and still didn't manage to get anything, you haters really need to shut up allready.

Yeah. What most people don't seem to understand is that while playing more does help, if you don't have the ability to capitalize on it you won't get to a point where it is any good to you. Of all the games that had the potential to be good games, say 5 kills, 3 assists, 500 damage I missed that kill shot more often then not and this kept my score down.

To put this into context. To make it to the first place on the last day, I played about 12 hours. I made it to 970 points in the first four hours. I spend the rest of the night trying to improve on that by another 15 points. Koreanese only needed a few hours on the second last day to get his score of 1036.

It's a marathon but only between the people around your own skill level.

Edited by Hauser, 07 May 2013 - 03:55 AM.

#40 Dexter Herbivore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 241 posts
  • LocationPerth WA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

I got killed by Koreanese in at least two matchs through the comp that I noticed, both times he soloed me and completely destroyed me. I'm not a brilliant player, I'm not terrible either but I barely landed a point of damage on him. I didn't even see him until too late on the second of the 2 occasions, but I knew he was there by how much damage I was taking and how quickly.

(I don't know Koreanese btw, before this comp I had no idea who he was. It was only when I looked at the leaderboards and saw his name over and over again that I payed attention to who he is).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users