Spring Clean 'em Up Winners!

80 replies to this topic

#61 F A T b o y

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostThontor, on 07 May 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

You misread it.

The "top 5" refers to the number of matches that were applied to the daily scores
The "top 20" refers to the number of matches applied to the overall score

Ok I see - Thank you Thontor

#62 Snufkin224

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

I'm so happy. Took myself together and got first on day 7.

#63 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

mah prizes! where is it! I don't see it yet

#64 Byk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 257 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 07 May 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Having been both on Koreanese's (wow) team and against him, I can say that it's intimidating either way :) I played with and against many others too, and one thing you guys are proving is that I can't predict which damn Mech will win every weight class ;)

Actually, it was pretty easy to predict the best light mech would be the Jenner F, the best medium a Hunchback 4P (since the rest of the high damage mediums are still a victim of the hotfix to missiles), and the best heavy a poptarting Cataphract with PPCs. I didn't pay much attention to assaults, but I'm pretty sure the winner was a Stalker, Highlander, or Atlas toting all PPCs/LLs.

This was the best tournament I think so far though. Best scoring system. My only gripe is that more winners should have been chosen for the daily prizes. Say like the top 5 or even 10. There were thousands of people playing in each weight class, having only 1 winner per day seems a bit weak. However it seems good to have the overall bracket be confined to one winner, although I really wouldn't mind if it was top 3 for that one; maybe increasing in rewards (like more MC) from 3rd -> 2nd -> 1st. That said though keep up the great work PGI. You guys are getting better and better. I can't wait to do this type of tournament again when it's not PPCWarrior Online lol.

#65 WhiteWulfe

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

I lucked out and got to go against Koreanese once, although my HBK-4SP at the time suffered the catastrophic "no IFF" problem making half my loadout at the time difficult to use... But I am pleased to not have died to the guy who took first place on so many days, and in two brackets as well! :)

#66 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostKoreanese, on 07 May 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

mah prizes! where is it! I don't see it yet

Mine have just been delivered. I bought me a spider with it. Not to happy with the fuzzy dice though, it obscures most of the vision in my spider. :)

Edited by Hauser, 07 May 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#67 Snufkin224

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostByk, on 07 May 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

I didn't pay much attention to assaults, but I'm pretty sure the winner was a Stalker, Highlander, or Atlas toting all PPCs/LLs.

I used an allround d-dc Atlas: 1 gaussrifle, 1 AC-2, lrm 10+5 and 2 large lasers.

#68 krados

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

I would have liked to know how many contestant were playing or at least opted in for each categories.
I think it would have added a little something for us common mortals(as in far far away from the top ten).
I had a lot of fun and am looking forward to the next event.
Congrats to all winners...

#69 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

The tournament is over, can u plz stop making me main target at 8 mans and pugs?!?!?

I have to run around like a little girl to live trough a game now, rofl.

#70 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

Cool tournament. I was just happy to make it into the top 30 for a while in one class, since I had only been playing for a couple weeks. Congrats to all the winners!

#71 Conraire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTexas/Georgia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostKoreanese, on 06 May 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

still waiting for confirmation and evidence to clear our names of hacking/cheating/sync dropping...... come on garth! show these guys that we won fair and square!

Dude, I don't know, I've played with you before outside of the tournaments. And even I don't trust you, it's just a gut feeling with some people, and 9 times out of 10 it ends up being right. And that's come about from years of dealing with people in a lot of games. There's good, and then there's hmmm thats just a little bit too good.

Now as far as the heavies, I figured that would happen. Most likely done with his Cataphract 3D, tends to poptart a lot. And if I'm correct, the last time I saw ya in a medium it was a treebucket, which is another one that can be used to poptart.

#72 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

actually I used 4P, I don't even own a treb. I had it once for like a day and sold it

#73 Kamelkaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 423 posts
  • LocationIm Cockpit seines Urbies!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

Trebs as poptarts are fine, but you don´t do a lot of damage if you core the most mechs within a few shots.

#74 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 07 May 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

NO!!!!

His cockpit is starting to look like my desk at home, soon he will not be able to view out..... wait.. go ahead and give him ALL the extra stuff. He will be chasing and playing with them instead of aiming at others :P

They`ll have to introduce a special control just for him "move cockpit items out of sight", druing which his left arm will take up half the screen :D

#75 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

what mech do you pilot the best Koreanese????

#76 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

depends, I could just jump on my ppc/LL stalker or jumpsniping highlander and play easy mode, but I rather not. its almost no challenge to play those. especially when you do it with 3 other guys doing the same thing. so I would have to say my cataphracts. I have like over 3 mil xp with it lol

#77 Smegmw

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostAntharPrime, on 06 May 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Here is someone that has their priorities straight. :)

Legal premise is that you prove that someone is guilty, not the other way around. One was proved guilty and lost their first place ranking in one of the categories, it remains to be seen if PGI will release the name.

View PostAntharPrime, on 06 May 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Here is someone that has their priorities straight. :D

Legal premise is that you prove that someone is guilty, not the other way around. One was proved guilty and lost their first place ranking in one of the categories, it remains to be seen if PGI will release the name.

Actually it's reasonable doubt for legal matters. A reasonable person's belief that the defendant is guilty. I for one find it very doubtful that one person dominated two weight classes over almost the entirety of the contest.

#78 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostSmegmw, on 28 May 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

Actually it's reasonable doubt for legal matters. A reasonable person's belief that the defendant is guilty. I for one find it very doubtful that one person dominated two weight classes over almost the entirety of the contest.

It was an inside job...

Posted Image

#79 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

Maybe next time we can have more than 3 or 4 different winners.

What a dumb thing. Thousands play and 3 or 4 get anything.

Who is the contest for, exactly? The top .01% of the playerbase?

Edited by Captain Stiffy, 30 May 2013 - 12:50 AM.

#80 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

Interview with Koreanese

Koreanese was the winner of many things in the Spring Clean 'Em Up event. He's a great player and a pretty cool guy. Read about his tournament experience and maybe even learn a few things from his videos.

Author’s Note: I apologize for this being published shamefully late. I waited initially to get a few words direct from Garth or Paul about the accusations of cheating (neither responded), and then real life got busy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users