Crash & Stability Feedback

93 replies to this topic

#41 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

Occasionally the video is freezing. I can hear the audio in the background but the screen is locked. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del seems to cause the game to just close. No error message. For me it's happening about once or twice a day. So its not terribly crippling. Happy to report that disconnects and random CTDs seem to be gone tho.

#42 MountainCopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationUU, Ankh-Morpork

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostDude42, on 09 May 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

Occasionally the video is freezing. I can hear the audio in the background but the screen is locked. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del seems to cause the game to just close. No error message. For me it's happening about once or twice a day. So its not terribly crippling. Happy to report that disconnects and random CTDs seem to be gone tho.

Yes, exactly that is happening right now in 1 of 2 games now. Except that I always have to kill the program with the task manager. Program froze, no CPU activity but memory still increases... memory leak, runaway thread. The log also states things like that.
Completely unplayable right now.

Edited by GoldenFleece, 09 May 2013 - 12:47 AM.

#43 PiVoR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

I got same freezes every 3-4 matches. Its really anoying.

#44 Radical eliminator

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

2nd time this week i tried to play this game, and crashed before i ever got control of my mech, despite a patch.

The error in question can be seen here:

http://clip2net.com/s/52s77K

and reads:

FRead did not read expected number of byte from file, only 128 of 0 bytes read

Being a programmer, i would say either some uninitialized variable is out there or some parameters are being switched! The most harmless would be if the message has just some values switched, but given there is a message at all that would just be a compounding error.

Edited by Radical eliminator, 09 May 2013 - 02:27 AM.

#45 Stigson

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

I got same freezes every 3rd matches too. Sometimes it occurs after the first 2 seconds after I start my mech. Sometimes in the middle of battle...It's really annoying. After 3-4 freezes I usually ragequit. 2 months ago the game was more stable than now.
I don't know PGI get any information from clients about crushes, freezes... maybe it would be better If we could send crush logs or something.

#46 CaptainFuture

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

hi! my freezes seem to be gone since the patch. even the hub seems to work better now. bye, Captain Future

#47 KnightmareX13

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostKnightmareX13, on 08 May 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

I am having the same issue and I am not getting any error messages
Spoiler

did a unistall then reinstalled and the issue has went a way
EDIT: 5/13: spoke too soon after a few days the problem is back, ran the repair tool after each crash and each time it returns no errors with the install

Edited by KnightmareX13, 13 May 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#48 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

A few CTD and Crash to Mechlab incidents.. unpredictable.

#49 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostRadical eliminator, on 09 May 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

2nd time this week i tried to play this game, and crashed before i ever got control of my mech, despite a patch.

The error in question can be seen here:

http://clip2net.com/s/52s77K

and reads:

FRead did not read expected number of byte from file, only 128 of 0 bytes read

Being a programmer, i would say either some uninitialized variable is out there or some parameters are being switched! The most harmless would be if the message has just some values switched, but given there is a message at all that would just be a compounding error.

Occasionally memory corruption and subsequently file corruption occurs. You could check to see if file integrity was compromised through the MWO Repair Tool. If file corruption isn't occurring, this is probably happening through some form of memory corruption.

Edited by Deathlike, 10 May 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#50 Wango Tango

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

For about the last month, I have been experiencing screen freezes. Usually around 1 in 6 drops. Since the May 7 patch it has become 1 in 2 1/2 drops. I have been experimenting to try to find a cause. I sent a ticket in to support stating that I ran the repair tool,(which found no errors), cleared my cache and when that didn't work, did a complete uninstall/reinstall. The reply from support suggested I try running the repair tool and clearing my cache! Does anyone really read the tickets? All my drivers are up to date. I have been playing since closed beta and just started getting this bug in the last month, and since the last patch, the game is almost unplayable.

#51 Duncan Aravain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 416 posts
  • LocationBehind you with a sharp tool...er,mech

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

Woke up this morning, fired up the computer, and the first 5 matches had three crash to mechlab after loading teams. Never happened before and I haven't changed one setting. Repair tool run 3 times; no error found. My registry and system analysis tools all show fine. Running an I7 3770 with 16 Gig RAM and all drivers are current. What in the heck happened? update: uninstalled, reinstalled, run repair tool, check registry, check drivers, defragged...........and the game still crashes to mechlab. Completely unplayable now and all I did was sleep for the night....really,PGI? update2: ping /packet tests: averages of 0% packet loss, Ping 45 or less, Jitter under 3ms over numerous tests. Guess it is time to move on to another game for awhile.

Edited by Duncan Aravain, 11 May 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#52 Darokin Korin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

I thought that it might actually be my firewall (Windows Firewall) causing the Malformed Packet errors. I disabled the firewall last night and was able to play 10 or so matches in a row. Started the client this morning and have crashed 4 times in a row with the Malformed Packet error. Definitely not my firewall causing the problem.

I also tried this with Windows Defender and still the problem persists. I'm going to bounce the cable model/router and see if that changes anything.

#53 GoManGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

I have tried everything I can think of after this last patch I have had maybe 5 good matches without a crash to desktop of freeze the game runs fine right till I start to move around then boom crash city again. It has something to do with the movement of the mechs I can stay at spawn and it is just fine then when I move around bingo crash again. PGI needs a crash course in how to debug the game and make it stable again. P.S I made it through a whole post with out calling PGI a jalkdfjakfjl;asdf or there game a dlkjaldf;alskfja of KWJDLksdjlKAJD.

Edited by GoManGo, 11 May 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#54 StandingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

Was playing fine last night... today I keep crashing back to the launcher. Most of the time it happens right after the start-up sequence, but I had another game where it was in the middle of a match.

Win 7 64 bit
i5 3570k
GTX 670
16 GB DDR3 1600

Dxdiag:
Spoiler

#55 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

much improved since the last patch.
No CTD... Much less hud bugs.

#56 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

still crashing almost everygame

#57 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Ps the reason you are getting less reports of crashes, is most of your testers come up against code hooligan 101023132 and get disconnected from the game.

They interpret it as so: "ive reported this 234098 times. Frack this game" walk away.

#58 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostLugh, on 12 May 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Ps the reason you are getting less reports of crashes, is most of your testers come up against code hooligan 101023132 and get disconnected from the game.

They interpret it as so: "ive reported this 234098 times. Frack this game" walk away.

Tell you what, why don't you stop trying to interpret things in the light YOU want and let people speak for themselves. My CTD rate personally has dropped to near zero, as are several people here.

#59 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

I still get the freeze screen once in a while mayb every tenth game and nine times out of ten with those I can't alt tab out and get back into game I must force a shutdown from task manager. I run the game on 1600 by 900 and med settings no v sync or AA. I have also recently reinstalled windows and the game 3 times since then, running with the latest nvidias drivers on a 470 gtx win 7 64 bit.

#60 GoManGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostLugh, on 12 May 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

You are right I think many like me rather than play MWO play other games now Iam sick and tired of the crashes the ******** Matchmaker and not being able to really play with friends. In fact I brought in like 10 friends to play this game with me they all ended up leaving in frustration. Thanks PGI your so swell here is a hint FIX YOUR DAMM GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users