Crash & Stability Feedback

93 replies to this topic

#81 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

ever since aprils patches iv been crashing alot. sometimes i can get in 3-10 games in but then ill be back to crashing. most of the time i crash every second game but over all i crash crash crash, i can start a game now and im 95% sure i will crash. i have submitted a ticket and iv used that repair tool over and over.

i can not find a common cause but i have found out i do not crash if i just launch and afk. i play with a corp and seems like im the only one with this problem. most of them use nvidia cards, i use a radeon 6800. i have tried everything short of buying a new computer to get mwo working.

i do not crash while playing other games.

#82 Crovic

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

I've been playing for a couple days and have noticed a few things that are a bit aggrevating. At least 40% of my matches i'm in, i play for about 30 seconds to a minute and the screen will go black and shoot me back to mech lab. It really looks bad on me for DCing in the middle of combat but it happens regardless of whether I get a first shot off or not. Its really hard to play a game that will have a string of DC's before i get to play a full match to gain some bucks to buy a mech. Today alone I have had 5 matches and 3 DC's within the span of an hour or less.

The other issue I had was on one game so far. From what I've read it could be an ammo explosion but my HUD said it was an engine destruction. I was in the trial Jager mech and upon my first shot, my mech blew up and it was over with. I did 15 damage and killed myself in the process. If this a random event then that is fine but there was nothing preceding it to have it happen that way.

i think this meets the criteria of the forum but I will know soon enough maybe.

#83 Darokin Korin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

***?SOLVED? MALFORMED PACKET ERROR****

At least I believe I've solved it for my machine/setup. No guarantees on how or if it will work for you :ph34r:

ISP: Comcast
Cable Modem/Router model: ARIS Model TG862G/CT
Connectivity: Wired Ethernet 10/1000

Posted Image

After logging into my cable modem/router and making the above changes to my firewall settings I was able to play 16 games in a row without getting the dreaded Malformed Packet error. I ran a Wireshark packet capture just to be sure and didn't see it.

Hope this helps!

#84 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

game crashed twice today. first in combat with a jagermech i think he was shooting me with ac10.

then just joining a match in frozen city.. mouse was active but everything else froze.
task manager read the process was active instead of "not responding"

#85 frkuout

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

CTDing about every two games, usually right in the middle of the game. I'm using the trial highlander mostly but have CTD'd with my purchased awesome. No setting have changed since the past couple patches. These continual crashes are really annoying to say the least and it goes to show that the game is not ready to leave BETA status yet. It's not looking good for a summer release folks.

Core i3 @ 2.93GHz
4GB DDR 3 Ram
EVGA GTX 560Ti w/GB GDDR5
NVIDIA 314.22 display driver

#86 Krieger85

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Played 5 games, CTD'd in 4 of them.
Happened on both River City Versions, Tourmaline and Forest Colony.
Yesterday it was running fine and today, i can't play for 5 minutes.

#87 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

Well, this probably means no more MWO for me for a few hours:
CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_ProtocolError, desc=Remote disconnected: Malformed packet
CGameClientChannel::Release
could not free all buffers from CDevBufferMan!
UnLoadLevel End: 0.4 sec
sv_gamerules = mechlab []

Tested my connection immediately after the crash, no packet loss. I tried connecting through my VPN in Toronto and it stopped happening, disconnected my VPN and the issue didn't return, not sure if that has anything to do with anything though. Next time I start getting malformed packet errors again I will try through my VPN again.

Edited by StandingCow, 18 May 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#88 BulzEye

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

I'm getting tired of the CTD every 8-1o games. In the middle of a good fight that I'm winning and screen locks then poof!!! DESKTOP!!! Yay for the HUD fixes, but I rather have the occasional hud bug than CTD... Screws up the ole K/D! Seems you get 2 steps forward, 1 step back. 3 steps forward, 4 steps back! Let's get it right please.

#89 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostBulzEye, on 19 May 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

I'm getting tired of the CTD every 8-1o games. In the middle of a good fight that I'm winning and screen locks then poof!!! DESKTOP!!! Yay for the HUD fixes, but I rather have the occasional hud bug than CTD... Screws up the ole K/D! Seems you get 2 steps forward, 1 step back. 3 steps forward, 4 steps back! Let's get it right please.

Me too, I'm having CTDs too, randomly during the game. My screen locks up but doesn't boot me to desktop.

Edit: for the fist time, I had a CTD this day, a buddy of mine also said he had one today and it was the first ever.

Edited by Chavette, 19 May 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#90 MountainCopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationUU, Ankh-Morpork

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

The game is still freezing a lot. Today for instance like nearly 1 in 2 games (with a laser-Hunchback 4P). All I can do, is to kill the program with the task manager...
It's always the same issue: the game freezes, with the sound still playing. The program, is this frozen state, has very little CPU load, but is still increasing in memory. No error msg, nothing that appears prior to a freeze.

Sometimes happens while firing lasers, sometimes if there's laser fire in close proximity. And just now froze w/o any laser fire at all... it... is... annoying.

DIDN'T freeze a single time during 100+ games while piloting a mech with ballistic weapons (Jagermech with Gauss, AC/2s or Gauss, AC/2, Streaker8).

System:
Spoiler

Settings:
Spoiler

Non-default settings:
Spoiler

Log entries, which don't match the system specs or are wrong:
1) CPU speed is wrong:
Spoiler

2) Graphics card "unknown" and wrong keyboard layout (is a german keyboard under a EnglishUK Windows):
Spoiler

3) Last log entry with the freezed game:
Spoiler

Edited by GoldenFleece, 20 May 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#91 Azazel513

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

Still DCing to mechlab. Contacted support for assistance for troubleshooting on the 27th of April. Haven't gotten any reply from support since the 9th of May.

#92 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

post hotfix "hud"

i managed to play 3-4 games before crashing and manage to do it a few times.

still crashing mid game just less.

Edited by King Arthur IV, 20 May 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#93 Kuks Kublaa

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

The game in its state can`t even quit/close properly without freezing/crashing. Nuff said.

#94 Entfybez

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

hello I have some problems with patching my game. I downloaded the
installer and every time when i want to patch the game after aproximatley
half a minut the window of the patcher close automaticly.
hopefully you help me at this problem

30 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users