#461 Sean Ward

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

Hey Mav,
are you planning on uploading any more tier lists vids? I enjoy them.

#462 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

Yes, planning on tomorrow! Thanks!

I'd have done it sooner if I wasn't captivated by Hearthstone, being beaten down by working and a little less enthused about MWO - miss my old great teammates!

#463 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostBront, on 10 December 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

Hey Mav, why do you have the Cataphrat 2X rated above the 1X/4X? Particularly when most folks don't like the 2X?

(I've enjoyed my 2X once I figured out a good build for it, I'm admittedly limited since I'm working without Endo or DHS at the moment)

I personally love the mini Atlas build on it.. I have low ping and don't have as much issue with the SRM hit detection... but that said, the 4X is clunky Quad AC2 or whichever especially versus a Jagermech... and the 1X I guess is like a 3D minus JJs which makes a world of difference...

The reality is they're all quite similar, bottom of 2, top of 3.. I'll probably put them all at tier 3 since nothing would be used in a competitive team... I do feel that the 2X fits a solid brawler role with which I'm familiar which... the srms hurt heavy to assaults... That said, you could easily run a mini-boar's head in the 1x with an ac20 and 4 medium lasers.. also solid.. and better for pesky mediums and lights..

;) Always good questions Bront!

#464 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

Yeah, I will admit the 2X I'm using is a very backwards build for what I'm used to (Arm SRMs, torso direct fire weapons). I might actually suggest bringing the 1X up a tier instead, as to me it seems like the problem is that the 3D is just awesome compared to the 1X and 2X being bad. That said, I'm not sure how the 1X and 2X line up against the Orions, which should be able to carry similar load-outs, with the 'Phrat's biggest advantage being the 2 high torso energy mounts.

Edit: Looking at the Teirs, it's to see if the 'Phrat passes up the Cat A1, and I don't see why not given the state of missiles and how easy it is to cockpit a Catapult.

On a side note, do you really have dragons rated higher than Catapults? Or is ranking in the tiers not specific to the order they're in in the list?

Edited by Bront, 12 December 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#465 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Updated: http://mwomercs.com/...mech-tier-list/

Discussed with Destined. Being moved to the other forum. Most likely this forum will be deleted.

Thanks for your support everyone - your messages and kind words motivate me to do this list and video. I hope you enjoy them and find them useful. Happy Holidays - Merry Christmas.

M

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users