#241 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostBig Giant Head, on 05 September 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

And especially with Bryans three hour podcast

I've already listened to the first hour. Now that the flames are dying down on 3PV, launch is very uneventful beyond taking the Beta Shield off.

#242 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostLaserAngel, on 05 September 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

I've already listened to the first hour. Now that the flames are dying down on 3PV, launch is very uneventful beyond taking the Beta Shield off.

It's the day that the "beta excuse/shield" died.

#243 StandingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

But laser it will be like a whole new game! Btw...is Kong gonna drop the beta tag too? Lol

Edited by StandingCow, 05 September 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#244 KhanHeir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostStandingCow, on 05 September 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

But laser it will be like a whole new game! Btw...is Kong gonna drop the beta tag too? Lol

#245 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 05 September 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

It's the day that the "beta excuse/shield" died.

No, it'll switch to "but it's only just been released!"

I should ask Beakie to make a new logo. This past week was tough. Another feel good patch to kill the sniper meta and sell brawling again. I was looking forward to the game after listening to NGNG 88 a/b and making our notes based on what was discussed there.

Then Bryan's comments on Twitter and this week's Wingman's Hangar destroyed the desire I had built up for MechWarrior Online. I just don't have any faith in PGI. I don't trust them. I get to see their work and then GIG/RSI every week on Wingman's Hangar.

#246 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

View PostLaserAngel, on 05 September 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Need to cross that line in the sand, the line that is apparently meaningless and of no consequence, because that's what people mean when they talk about lines in the sand.

#247 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

We'll replace the beta tag with a line.

#248 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

Big things incoming.

#249 Protection

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 12 September 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Big things incoming.

That's what she said.

#250 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 26 June 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

Enter overgolds.

Are all golds "golds"?

What happens when reds come to town?

#251 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

View PostMycrus, on 13 September 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

Are all golds "golds"?

What happens when reds come to town?

Yes and no.

All golds are forever cursed to wear the 'Gold Badge of Shame,' a testament to foolish and idiotic optimism. A cruel reminder to never again give money to developers with poor track records relying on lofty promises and hijack intellectual properties to propel their failed experiments. It forever shows that we were once dumb enough to actually trust PGI.

However, not all golds suffer from 'goldvision,' a curse that inhibits critical thinking skills and one's ability to reason.

example here:

[redacted image]

Those suffering from Goldvision are impervious to reason and incapable of thought. You will often find them running mechs with no endo steel, single heatsinks, or five or more weapon groups and defending it on the forums as a viable loadout.

They have no understanding of the meta, or modern gaming in general, and are incapable of contributing to the discussion - only mindlessly defending the company to which they have invested all of their loyalties.

Be thankful if you do not suffer from goldvision. It is a natural instinct for the brain to try and rationalize the $120 dollars that was wasted and destroyed and will never be returned. Escaping goldvision is much akin to stepping outside of Plato's cave.

Edited by miSs, 17 September 2013 - 08:46 AM.
defamatory/harassment

#252 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

It was our position at the time that we'd take extended vacation time and try out some different games, while preparing for launch.

But mostly, there wasn't anyone really playing MWO for the past two weeks and a half, which made covering it pretty difficult.

#253 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Posted Image

#254 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

I apologize for the lack of an episode this past weekend. I'm on vacation and family matters are taking priority. I should be able to schedule it in this weekend. We can also cover launch instead of our thoughts coming up to the launch.

#255 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

@Protection: Nice comic man :rolleyes:

#256 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostLaserAngel, on 18 September 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

I apologize for the lack of an episode this past weekend. I'm on vacation and family matters are taking priority. I should be able to schedule it in this weekend. We can also cover launch instead of our thoughts coming up to the launch.

Lookin forward to it, several of us at zhiziu listen and I'm one "gold" thats pretty well fed up =P

I can sum up launch though for ya....

it's f'in nothing...

#257 IceGryphon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 272 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

And thus Vassago Rain became the King of a dead game.

#258 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Some people expressed genuine concern that we're quitting, and wondered if there will be no more kong kasts. I'll summarize what we've been up to since last time.

Many of our guys and girls went on extended break after the third person patch hit, including myself. I took a full two weeks off and did other things. This was the 20th of august, by the way. Around the 23rd, almost everybody had declared they were going on a leave until at least next patch, and most did.

My playing sorta resumed a few days after septermber's first patch (hit on the 3rd, people tried it out on the 4th and 5th mostly). Since then, we've had some scattered gundam activity, tried out more games, our designated communicaton's officer, as he said above, went on real vacation, I got saddled with real-life obligations, many of the other regulars also had to get busy with various things, such as college, overtime, and BIG GAME releases that will not be named, but it starts with a G, and ends with a TA V.

In short, stuff came up, and not a lot happened in MWO. We are not quitting the podcasting, however, or moving away from the game. While we're trying out other things, there's still a lot of people who give MWO a go occasionally, despite the heavily reduced income, nerfed levels of minimally viable fun, and pretty eventless month so far.

#259 Big Giant Head

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Locationingalaxyfarfaraway

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostProtection, on 17 September 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Posted Image

Is that a prophecy?
;)

#260 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 18 September 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Some people expressed genuine concern that we're quitting, and wondered if there will be no more kong kasts. I'll summarize what we've been up to since last time.

Many of our guys and girls went on extended break after the third person patch hit, including myself. I took a full two weeks off and did other things. This was the 20th of august, by the way. Around the 23rd, almost everybody had declared they were going on a leave until at least next patch, and most did.

My playing sorta resumed a few days after septermber's first patch (hit on the 3rd, people tried it out on the 4th and 5th mostly). Since then, we've had some scattered gundam activity, tried out more games, our designated communicaton's officer, as he said above, went on real vacation, I got saddled with real-life obligations, many of the other regulars also had to get busy with various things, such as college, overtime, and BIG GAME releases that will not be named, but it starts with a G, and ends with a TA V.

In short, stuff came up, and not a lot happened in MWO. We are not quitting the podcasting, however, or moving away from the game. While we're trying out other things, there's still a lot of people who give MWO a go occasionally, despite the heavily reduced income, nerfed levels of minimally viable fun, and pretty eventless month so far.

It also doesn't help that I'm on vacation. We're on track for recording this weekend unless more family time takes priority.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users