272 replies to this topic

#61 Bombadil

No Guts No Galaxy

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Postvalkyrie, on 22 May 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

I maintain that my analysis was pretty reasonable given the circumstances. There's very little there that would suggest either of us was correct at first glance. You cleared the air, gave an explanation, I admitted I was wrong...and you still insulted me (which is against the rules of this forum I might add), insist I should be shamed and say that I intentionally lied.

Alrighty then, whatever floats your boat. I'll leave the verdict to the jury and not the prosecutor at this point.

You've already admitted you went on the air and made assumptions, stating misinformation about something you didn't know anything about and didn't give a second glance. Burden of proof is on you, not me. Again, if you were so concerned and curious about this major incident and wanted to talk about it publicly, you'd think you would have talked to someone, anyone to get some actual facts and information. But I know, that wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining as making **** up.

Sir, we don't have to agree, and I'm sure won't - but if you say things about my crew, my friends, and/or my colleagues that are untrue, I will come to their and our defense, period. That's my right! Beyond that, it's your sandbox, your playground...rock on!

Edited by Bombadil, 22 May 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#62 Rather Dashing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 114 posts
  • LocationLand of the Purple Freedom Bird

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

TOM STAHP.

#63 Bombadil

No Guts No Galaxy

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostRather Dashing, on 22 May 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

TOM STAHP.

I believe you are referring to my brother. I'm Bob Bombadil, his evil twin. For example, once trees become destructible, I will destroy them all! My brother hates when I say that...

#64 valkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostBombadil, on 22 May 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

You've already admitted you went on the air and made assumptions, stating misinformation about something you didn't know anything about and didn't give a second glance. Burden of proof is on you, not me. Again, if you were so concerned and curious about this major incident and wanted to talk about it publicly, you'd think you would have talked to someone, anyone to get some actual facts and information. But I know, that wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining as making **** up.

Sir, we don't have to agree, and I'm sure won't - but if you say things about my crew, my friends, and/or my colleagues that are untrue, I will come to their and our defense, period. That's my right! Beyond that, it's your sandbox, your playground...rock on!

I probably would've dug into the matter more if it was to be anything more than a 1 or 2-minute long "what the hell is this about anyway?" filler segment. I don't plan to make the same mistake again, don't you worry. Call it an oversight on my part.

Edited by valkyrie, 22 May 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#65 StandingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

This day (yesterday now) shall now be known as catsuitageddon... or catsuitgate.

#66 CommanderCaps

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Since it was probably me, who brought this up in the Kong thread, I want to clarify a bit (not like Valk did this already).
First off, I knew that it would be hard criticizing this without sounding like a ******** neckbeard. And I wanna say, that I also had no problem whatsoever with her wearing a catsuit. I'm european and we all wear catsuits over here all the time.

That said, when this popped up on my fb feed, it kinda looked to me like "We need viewers, so we got this attention-craving girl to play dress-up for us to get the basement dwellers, who have never seen a real woman, to watch our stream."
I'm a fan of what NGNG does, but I felt belittled and looked down upon by this.

#67 Bombadil

No Guts No Galaxy

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

View PostStandingCow, on 22 May 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

This day (yesterday now) shall now be known as catsuitageddon... or catsuitgate.

Just an unfortunate incident SC, but moving beyond that and into tomorrow, they really do have a podcast worth checking out, with many interesting topics and varying viewpoints. Just finished #2 myself. I want a shirt with Phil's tank poptarting from behind a hill!

#68 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostBombadil, on 22 May 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Just an unfortunate incident SC, but moving beyond that and into tomorrow, they really do have a podcast worth checking out, with many interesting topics and varying viewpoints. Just finished #2 myself. I want a shirt with Phil's tank poptarting from behind a hill!

Oh, I agree I already listen to this podcast... and the drop command and of course NGNG. I pointed it out earlier in this thread that each podcast has it's positives and negatives... and the more podcasts the better because more points of view = better.

Plus it gives me something besides music to listen to on the way in to work.

#69 Bombadil

No Guts No Galaxy

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostCommanderCaps, on 22 May 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

Since it was probably me, who brought this up in the Kong thread, I want to clarify a bit (not like Valk did this already).
First off, I knew that it would be hard criticizing this without sounding like a ******** neckbeard. And I wanna say, that I also had no problem whatsoever with her wearing a catsuit. I'm european and we all wear catsuits over here all the time.

That said, when this popped up on my fb feed, it kinda looked to me like "We need viewers, so we got this attention-craving girl to play dress-up for us to get the basement dwellers, who have never seen a real woman, to watch our stream."
I'm a fan of what NGNG does, but I felt belittled and looked down upon by this.

LOL at the catsuits all the time.

I'm sorry you felt that way, it definitely wasn't the intention of my post.

#70 JohnathanSwift

Dezgra

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

Jimmies clearly rustled.

#71 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

We are clearly missing the most important issue here. PGI is going to pay for Bombadil to stream in a catsuit. To be fair, equal and not sexist we should bring up this topic on the next Kong Kast.

#72 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

I was dropping in 8 mans tonight in boxers and an undershirt. It was very sexy.

#73 Prophet OFC

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Don't be jealous that NGNG has a woman on board who is confident enough to wear a catsuit in front of a camera. Not to mention NGNG provides for the community in lots of ways and have been at this for years now...the whole "distasteful" stance, where does that come from? Within the first minute or two of your posted episode you guys are dropping F-bombs. You could have taken the stance that most people did and not really cared OR the stance that some of us did and thought "oh snap Ms. Wolfe" but you didn't...you guys went down some weird winding path with a broken compass and I lost you a long time back when you took issue with a picture of a chick in leather regardless of the who/what/where/why/how it was posted. Then the jabs at Mamma Bear? Y'all are trippin'. NGNG has been one of the best online communities I've ever been a part of (including the community I built with my own podcast that has been running for more than 4 years now) and if you don't like how they do things then just stop paying attention but don't go off and make so many false assumptions especially now that you guys have your own soapbox to stand on, that can get you into trouble.
U2NERDRAGEY (it isn't cute)

#74 JohnathanSwift

Dezgra

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

View PostProphet OFC, on 23 May 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Don't be jealous that NGNG has a woman on board who is confident enough to wear a catsuit in front of a camera. Not to mention NGNG provides for the community in lots of ways and have been at this for years now...the whole "distasteful" stance, where does that come from? Within the first minute or two of your posted episode you guys are dropping F-bombs. You could have taken the stance that most people did and not really cared OR the stance that some of us did and thought "oh snap Ms. Wolfe" but you didn't...you guys went down some weird winding path with a broken compass and I lost you a long time back when you took issue with a picture of a chick in leather regardless of the who/what/where/why/how it was posted. Then the jabs at Mamma Bear? Y'all are trippin'. NGNG has been one of the best online communities I've ever been a part of (including the community I built with my own podcast that has been running for more than 4 years now) and if you don't like how they do things then just stop paying attention but don't go off and make so many false assumptions especially now that you guys have your own soapbox to stand on, that can get you into trouble.

Vassago rain shall show up for KongKast in a speedo one size too small.

Don't hit on him you silly golds.

#75 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostProphet OFC, on 23 May 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

It's an adult podcast. Do we need a disclaimer? "Boo" comes in on NGNG and tells us that we can use language in chat just fine before we move into the studio.

Frankly, episode 2 is our best work and I hope to replicate that in episode 4 which we are recording tomorrow.

#76 Bombadil

No Guts No Galaxy

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostLaserAngel, on 24 May 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

Frankly, episode 2 is our best work and I hope to replicate that in episode 4 which we are recording tomorrow.

I certainly enjoyed #2!

#77 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

What are you people doing in here?

View PostJohnathanSwift, on 24 May 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

Vassago rain shall show up for KongKast in a speedo one size too small.

Don't hit on him you silly golds.

I guess this means I gotta do it. I'll put on my finest speedo, and/or hawaii themed underwear for tomorrow's recording. They may or may not have cute anime cats on them with the palm trees.

#78 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

My PPC is fully erect and ready for the next Kong Kast (which sounds like Comcast everytime you guys say it).

#79 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

View PostStandingCow, on 24 May 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

My PPC is fully erect and ready for the next Kong Kast (which sounds like Comcast everytime you guys say it).

I feel slightly bad.
Was hoping you'd sport ER PPC at least.

#80 B B Wolfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 746 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 24 May 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

I guess this means I gotta do it. I'll put on my finest speedo, and/or hawaii themed underwear for tomorrow's recording. They may or may not have cute anime cats on them with the palm trees.

You will be taking sketch commissions at the same time for parity, yes?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users