48 replies to this topic

#1 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Was wondering if anyone has taken a break besides me? I'll probably start dropping normally starting next update but I've seen a few of my buddies stop dropping for a bit. I'll get excited again once the Orion is out but with work and what not haven't gotten back in the MWO spirit.

#2 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

Well, I know for certain that you are not the only one, alot of people feld and are feeling the urge to take a break and I myself already took one :)

What currently keeps me motivated at playing, are the people that I am hanging around with on the public House Kurita Teamspeak Server and also that I am part of a unit.

rgds
Om

#3 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

I've not dropped for several weeks, too, but the last two days saw me take to the battlefield again. I think the two breaks I took so far were due to a mixture of overexposure, frustration (ECM-SSRM :)) and plain old blandness due to missing features, especially Community Warfare, which I'm desperately waiting for.

But I actually think it's healthy if you just take a step back and take a break once in a while, as this way it's easier to get back into it. Because eventually you will start missing a game that you really enjoyed. It's also why I usually only play 3-5 matches in a row before calling it a day - apart from the issue of limited spare time, it also helps extend longevity by keeping the experience "fresh".

All in all, I still feel remarkably attached to MWO, considering I've been playing it for exactly 11 months now, to the day, and I have no intention of putting it away for good. :(

[edit] I think it also helps that I've just received a couple new Battletech novels, as well as the brilliant soundtrack NGNG released for MWO. Really assists with getting into the mood!

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 14 May 2013 - 04:37 AM.

#4 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

Staying strong so far, saving up for the Orion chassis (up to 45mil or so), and mastering as many of my mechs as possible (15 so far?). Any time you can get in game is a benefit now as it helps to adapt to the changing meta, and bank Cbills and XP for the coming CW. I'm sure they will have some reason to spend your in game currency and experience when house wars begin.

Of course I'm typically only able to play for an hour to an hour and a half most weeknights and some longer nights on some weekends so I don't have the burnout that some players do from pulling long sessions since the start of OB. Besides, these forums keep me from being burned out at work.

-k

Edited by Kdogg788, 14 May 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#5 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

Work has been keeping me from dropping too much, but every new patch seems to bring better content to the game. Looking forward to CW, as I believe that CW will be the make or break for the game, and we will see a lot more activity then.

#6 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

Well I can't take a break because someday the game will be different, so while I can't play nearly as much as I used to, which was up to 10 hours a day (16 million C-Bills per day)... I still have a need to farm C-Bills while *everything is the way it is*.

Plenty of hundreds of millions of C-Bills in equipment, 'mechs and to spare for future needs.

#7 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. Very cool site btw.

-k

#8 Baddicus Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

I take a week or two off for travel every month or two, so that has helped me get some time away from the game frequently. As such, I don't need to take other breaks even though I am really hoping CW arrives soon. This game, as interesting as it is, could be so much more with that implemented.

#9 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

Several of us have been playing games on Steams lately. Sometimes together, sometimes not.

Most of us got tired of grabbing our JJ, gauss and PPC, mechs and decided to wait for the next big patch to play again.

#10 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yea Bacon and I with the TPLers have been playing War Thunder ... Japan Air Force! = )

#11 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

Hah! Just yesterday a colleague from work showed me that game as well. Instantly got curious about the IJN and its Zeros, of course. :wub:

Only played two matches so far, but it looks like a fun little game for when one feels like something else.

#12 DreamFallen Novacat

• PipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 21 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat, FEAR THE KITTEN!!!!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

Gotta take a break myself been playing a bit much lately

#13 Rovertoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 408 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

I took a break when I heard that the Flea was being delayed... So sad!

#14 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 17 May 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

Hah! Just yesterday a colleague from work showed me that game as well. Instantly got curious about the IJN and its Zeros, of course. :ph34r:

Only played two matches so far, but it looks like a fun little game for when one feels like something else.

Very Grindy but I got used to it now and tis Pretty Fun I got and extra plane and a upgraded plane in about a day tho only level 2 on IJN/A and overall

Graphics are awesome too!

#15 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

I've geared back because of framerate issues. nowdays I pretty much only play if I'm aware someone I know is playing and will log on to join them. Since my framerate has been so poor since the new vision modes patches, it really limits how fresh and fun the game can be since I can't run anything fast or have precise aiming, or even handle mechs that have fast moving arms like my dragons.

#16 Zphyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Until the game becomes playable again, am reduced to a very casual player. Between extreme lag/slideshows and <10 fps, it just gets too frustrating after a couple matches. It feels silly shooting at the air hoping to hit something (and not a teamate).

#17 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

What are u guys running. For the most part the game has patched most of the framerate issues. U shouldn't have to stop playing because of that.

If you are playing warthunsee add me same name

#18 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

I have played about five matches since the highlander patch, it's just not fun any more. In fact this is probably the first time I've actually logged on to the forums since then as well. It is awfully repetitive now and playing feels like a chore

#19 Business

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostInveramsay, on 19 May 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

I have played about five matches since the highlander patch, it's just not fun any more. In fact this is probably the first time I've actually logged on to the forums since then as well. It is awfully repetitive now and playing feels like a chore

Same.

#20 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

Yeah, something 's weird with the graphics. Thankfully, I don't have any FPS problems whatsoever, and I really like that they finally fixed the "no HUD" bug and blackscreen issues .. but on every second map I'm playing my client somehow fails to load half the textures. It just doesn't feel the same if the buildings between which you're trying to hide are just smooth grey clumps. Same for the snow. Only seems to occur in Frozen City and Alpine Peaks, though. Weird ...

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 17 May 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Very Grindy but I got used to it now and tis Pretty Fun I got and extra plane and a upgraded plane in about a day tho only level 2 on IJN/A and overall
Graphics are awesome too!
Quite so! It is ... oddly relaxing to glide over the beautiful landscape, even though you're in the midst of a combat mission. Trying to hide in or make a sneak approach through the valleys in a biplane also evoked nostalgic memories of good ole' Crimson Skies. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users