• The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Spoiler

Edit 7/2/2013 patch
They've changed it!
Posted Image
The art team is good people. Never should have doubted :P

Edited by Tennex, 02 July 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#2 Native

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

wow.. its not even out yet, and your already complaining?

BACK TO YOUR BRIDGE TROLL

what was pgi thinking... those jerkwads... making this free to play game for you to enjoy, and releasing new content regularly! What dastardly thing will they do next?

I suppose you don't understand the concept of CONCEPT ART... its a concept; not a finished product

Edited by Native, 14 May 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#3 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostTennex, on 14 May 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Lets forget about all the barrel details they promised us for a second. those would have been cool as ****.
Posted Image

lets forget about that because i'll let it slide. but what the **** is this??

Posted Image

they can't take a milisecond of their time to center their ******* guns anymore? They just slap it onto the arm however they want. WTF PGI?

1. They made the gun mounts modular, like the JM6. Which is awesome.

2. It's not an ortho. That's perspective you're seeing.

#4 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostNative, on 14 May 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

wow.. its not even out yet, and your already complaining?

BACK TO YOUR BRIDGE TROLL

what was pgi thinking... those jerkwads... making this free to play game for you to enjoy, and releasing new content regularly! What dastardly thing will they do next?

I suppose you don't understand the concept of CONCEPT ART... its a concept; not a finished product

you are ignoring the part where i dismiss that they havent put in barrel details. i thnk you are the troll here

so the finished product doesn't have centered barrels?
and just because its a F2P company. we can have low expectations? I'm sorry but in this day and age F2P games have set the bar very high. League of Legends, Planetside 2.

Having low quality because of F2P is no longer an excuse.

View PostKhanahar, on 14 May 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

2. It's not an ortho. That's perspective you're seeing.

1. a gun can still be modular and centered correctly. its not mutually exclusive

2. bro... are you looking at the same picture i am. who can that possibly be perspective. the barrels do not lead to the center. its crossing the boarders

Edited by Tennex, 14 May 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#5 Vhetra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 187 posts
  • LocationRadstadt

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostTennex, on 14 May 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

This stuff he said there.

I see what you're saying with the barrels facing away from the center, but it could be a little touch purposefully done so that you can see the "Details" on the whole barrel. Otherwise you'd just be looking into two circles, you know?

#6 RussianWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Abrams Tank. Gun is not centered.

Posted Image

A10 Warthog - gun is not centered

Posted Image

Guns typically are not centered because the barrel in not at the center of the mechanics.

#7 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

View PostTennex, on 14 May 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

you are ignoring the part where i dismiss that they havent put in barrel details. i thnk you are the troll here

so the finished product doesn't have centered barrels?
and just because its a F2P company. we can have low expectations? I'm sorry but in this day and age F2P games have set the bar very high. League of Legends, Planetside 2.

Having low quality because of F2P is no longer an excuse.

1. a gun can still be modular and centered correctly. its not mutually exclusive

2. bro... are you looking at the same picture i am. who can that possibly be perspective. the barrels do not lead to the center. its crossing the boarders

My point 1 was in reference to your point 1, about barrel detailing.

As for point 2, I see what you are saying now. You might have an easier time getting heard if you put a respectful suggestion in the appropriate forum. Your thread title screams "troll" to a forum reader, and "ignore" to a PGI employee, whereas your suggestion might actually be useful if worded well and put in the appropriate place. As you observe, it is a small fix, and one I imagine will be implemented.

#8 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

View PostVhetra, on 14 May 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

I see what you're saying with the barrels facing away from the center, but it could be a little touch purposefully done so that you can see the "Details" on the whole barrel. Otherwise you'd just be looking into two circles, you know?

no i don't mean the direction the barrels are facing...

i mean that the location the barrels are put in. is not within the box.
for example, the PPC is closer being within the box than the AC2

Edited by Tennex, 14 May 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#9 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Is it too early to say that there are like 5 variants for the Blackjack and that it's just one silly pic?

#10 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostKhanahar, on 14 May 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

My point 1 was in reference to your point 1, about barrel detailing.

As for point 2, I see what you are saying now. You might have an easier time getting heard if you put a respectful suggestion in the appropriate forum. Your thread title screams "troll" to a forum reader, and "ignore" to a PGI employee, whereas your suggestion might actually be useful if worded well and put in the appropriate place. As you observe, it is a small fix, and one I imagine will be implemented.

i'm sorry but I was just completely blown away by the lack of attention to detail. it is unfathomable

Edited by Tennex, 14 May 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#11 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostTennex, on 14 May 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

i'm sorry but I was just completely blown away by the lack of attention to detail. it is unfathomable

Understood. At the very least, you should edit the OP, given that several other people have had the same misunderstanding as I. And I'd probably wait for implementation to see whether you need to post another thread. Heck, if the guns are not square within mountings in MechLab, I'll post it myself.

#12 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

Not what I thought this thread was going to be about lol. A bit over dramatic and missleading over a couple weapon helpers placements.

So what actually about the mech model quality taking a dive?

#13 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 14 May 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Abrams Tank. Gun is not centered.

Posted Image

i can live with that.

but this is what PGI did. its between two components. and situated on the boarder. and it just blows my mind.

Posted Image

Edited by Tennex, 14 May 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#14 Ser Barristan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationWesteros

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Are you certain the images they posted are direct snaps of the in game model or did they just shop the different weapon mounts onto one basic chassis pic? Now its possible they did make some mistakes on the actual game model but until the 21st rolls around you might be getting in a huff about some promo materiel.

#15 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

The reason why it looks like that is because you can mount another PPC on those arms, thus 2 PPCs each arm. That means, if that barrel was in the center, it would have to be placed somewhere else.

I see no issue here.

#16 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostSer Barristan, on 14 May 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Are you certain the images they posted are direct snaps of the in game model or did they just shop the different weapon mounts onto one basic chassis pic? Now its possible they did make some mistakes on the actual game model but until the 21st rolls around you might be getting in a huff about some promo materiel.

i'm pretty sure they are in game models. i think it would take even more work to shop it in than to actually just make the model and take a picture of it.

View PostZyllos, on 14 May 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

The reason why it looks like that is because you can mount another PPC on those arms, thus 2 PPCs each arm. That means, if that barrel was in the center, it would have to be placed somewhere else.

I see no issue here.

no the one that mounts the PPC is on the right. yet it is centered. (or at least relatively better centered)

Edited by Tennex, 14 May 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#17 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

You are assuming that the barrel should be centered in the lower half of the pod, with nothing in the upper half at all. The "square" could be an access panel for working on the mechanics of the gun.

Chill out man.

#18 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostTennex, on 14 May 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

no the one that mounts the PPC is on the right. yet it is centered. (or at least relatively better centered)

I have no idea what your talking about then...

Are you talking about verticle or horizontal alignment to the arm?

The AC/2 Blackjack has both verticle and horiztonal center alignment.

The PPC Blackjack has just verticle center alignment and that is because another PPC can be placed above it.

#19 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 14 May 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

You are assuming that the barrel should be centered in the lower half of the pod, with nothing in the upper half at all. The "square" could be an access panel for working on the mechanics of the gun.

Chill out man.

Oh, I see what he is talking about now.

I need to see the mech in another angle before making that determination. But even if the arm had different lengths and that AC/2 protruded through part of the arm, I think it makes it look unique.

#20 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

of all the things to complain about...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users