• The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostKhanahar, on 14 May 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

TROs.
Alex addresses it here.
http://mwomercs.com/...49#entry1374549

Thanks, I never read that far into the comments on the concept art. Still makes me sad, I hate the layout on some mechs where the same type of lasers are spit up between the arms and torsos (x5 for example)

I guess since this is a slower mech the grouping won't be a problem unless you are humping a large mountain and so it your target.

#42 Native

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Here is something I've been wondering about; why release the prototype variant and not the BJ-2 variant? I'm not saying we should have one or the other, but both. A missile variant would be nice.

Either way, I'm exited to get a new medium regardless of any flaws; perceived or otherwise.

Edited by Native, 14 May 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#43 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

I think this looks pretty good actually...
Posted Image

All I am hoping for is that I get to see my weapons from my side windows like I can with the Jager, I'm also hoping for a wide range of view as well. I'd like to use a medium other than my hunchback!

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 14 May 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#44 Ser Barristan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationWesteros

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

This seems like a lot of angst for that can't be confirmed until the 21st. Come next Tuesday and the barrels are sticking out in the wrong places then by all means rage away, but right now its a bit early to be nurturing ulcers.

#45 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostSer Barristan, on 14 May 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

This seems like a lot of angst for that can't be confirmed until the 21st. Come next Tuesday and the barrels are sticking out in the wrong places then by all means rage away, but right now its a bit early to be nurturing ulcers.

practicing some preventative medicine lol.

but honestly i would be surprised if a mistake like this made it through. if nothing else PGI has an extremely good art team.

If it is unfinished work. it is unfortunate that they decided to advertize it on the official website.

Edited by Tennex, 14 May 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#46 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostForestGnome, on 14 May 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

Uhhhh... anyone else notice how happythat destroyed mech looks? Maybe the dragon woke him from a very nice dream?

#47 skullman86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

Oh wow, every single variant has misalignments. They still have a week before release though, so maybe what we are seeing is a WIP. Remember, the first screenshot of the spider didn't show any wings and they updated the photo shortly after, so it could be that they aren't quite finished with this mech yet *shrug*.

#48 Traigus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Posted a bug when jaegers came out.

If you put 1 AC and 1 MG in each arm, when you load into testing grounds or a live match, it always puts 1 MG on the high point, and the other on the low point (left is low IIRC). SO one arm has AC over MG, and the other has MG over AC. doesn't matter how you load them in machlab, when you go into a match they will switch this way on the sheet as well.

made me a little crazy, should check to see if they fixed it.

#49 skullman86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostTraigus, on 14 May 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Posted a bug when jaegers came out.

If you put 1 AC and 1 MG in each arm, when you load into testing grounds or a live match, it always puts 1 MG on the high point, and the other on the low point (left is low IIRC). SO one arm has AC over MG, and the other has MG over AC. doesn't matter how you load them in machlab, when you go into a match they will switch this way on the sheet as well.

made me a little crazy, should check to see if they fixed it.

I noticed something similar with the S and DD a while back. The first weapon inserted into the arm would go on the bottom and the second weapon inserted would go on top (both arms), but one of the mechs had it backwards and it looked weird when only one gun was equipped.

#50 RussianWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

The art from the old books likely was done by someone who had no interest/knowledge of BT.

They are given a description by the client and get a rough drawing signed off on. Blame the people talking to the artist, not the drawings. They got what they paid for.

#51 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Well, I will agree that the Blackjack arms looked way cooler in the concept art.

#52 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Here is the cataphract version of the recent gun placement

Posted Image

Edited by Tennex, 15 May 2013 - 06:38 AM.

#53 Tie Ma

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

it definately looks weird. i can see wher eyou are coming from.

in the concept art, the flat part of the arm is all one component.

but in the actual model, they've split the weapon mount into two components. and decided to put the AC2 in the boarder between the two weapon mounts.

#54 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

updated the OP with more explanation behind my reasoning

#55 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostTie Ma, on 14 May 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

it definately looks weird. i can see wher eyou are coming from.

in the concept art, the flat part of the arm is all one component.

but in the actual model, they've split the weapon mount into two components. and decided to put the AC2 in the boarder between the two weapon mounts.

What happened was. The artist making the AC2 variant of blackjack was following the ortho.

However, the ortho was based on the concept art, in which the Arm mount was only 1 component(indicated in red).
It was not taken into account, that during modeling/texturing that one arm mount was split into two components (red and green)

So that now the AC2 sits between two components. When if using the concept art, it would have sat perfectly in the middle of the unsplit arm mount.
Posted Image
as you can see form the picture above, the AC2 was placed in the same relative position as the concept art. however, the modeler did not take into account, that the model had been changed, and that now the AC2 sits between two components.

Edited by Tennex, 14 May 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#56 LordDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 782 posts
  • Locationmy Wang is aiming at ur rear... torso

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

ur not mad ! i seen that one too. and looking at it is giving me itching Feelings :( but whats more importand to me is that is has nice BIG sidetorsos :wub:

#57 sarkun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Yeah, the off-center weapons wouldn't bother me... IF we didn't have the Jaeger already which does that right. I'm almost sure they'll fix it for release tho.

#58 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

Personally i cant see what the problem is. For feths sake the company has made this great game, the first mech game in years and then trumped it all by making it free and you complain about a silly little bug in the concept art. Shame on you.

#59 TalkPolite

• PipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • 59 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

...really?

#60 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

View PostRussianWolf, on 14 May 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

A10 Warthog - gun is not centered

Posted Image

Guns typically are not centered because the barrel in not at the center of the mechanics.

Actually the A10 has it's firing barrel (9 o'clock) centered with the air-frame's center-line. That's why the whole gun is slightly to the right when looking at that picture. Centering the firing barrel removes any additional torque generated and the bore-line is obviously better in line when firing.

Other than that I think it's just a slight misplacement of the AC/2 component coordinate system. Should be easy enough to fix.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users