379 replies to this topic

#21 The Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 215 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

Great intro! So psyched up about getting this show on the road!

Have my intro post ready to throw up. For the interests of continuity, what about what date range would it be best to place Cee's intro? He'd be a latecomer, probably one of the last to sign on to the op. He'd encounter Thom about the time he would be finalising the munitions orders before shipping out.

#22 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Adjusted bio to reflect early start date

#23 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

I've got my introductory "double post" sorted-- I'll have it up sometime tomorrow.

#24 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

I figure Cees and Thom will meet up the same way they did in our neigh epic PM sections... Shep, feel free to post our antics on Coventry once I flex my creative might and get us there...

Oh Mr. GM Rogue, is it alright to have the Jumpship jump into the Coventry system after the unit briefing, once again so T can aquire munitions and spare parts, plus the run in with the Inner Sphere's soon to be most famous albino?

#25 The Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:24 AM

Actually Thom, I've modified the post a so it works on Outreach as per Rogue's request. Don't worry, haven't changed much, just names really. Still quite (the) epic. Quite feasible that Cees would be on Outreach after his run of "Bad Luck".

Just need a date a day or two before Thom and the Terrors lift off to get under-way. Will time events about then.

#26 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

Sure, I'll have us take a Jump circuit thingy to Coventry and meet the Pintos there.

#27 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Post 1 up. Post 2 is a bit of a mess-- I need to rework it, but I should have it up in the next few hours. That will sync me up with Thom's last post.

Edit: Both posts up, apologies to anyone who was waiting on me.

Edited by Spokes, 21 May 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#28 The Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

Ha! One minute after I posted. That's funny.

Works better on Coventry, though I wasnt sure how we'd be explaining that Thom still needed an XO that late in the game.
Regardless, I'll adapt to whatever you guys decide :P

P.S. @Spokes, Looking forward to seeing how Li has changed over the years. Love your style :P

#29 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

You could have it have happened on Coventry in the past sometime, now he's sent you an HPG message to invite you to his new company. You accept but tell him you need transport off Coventry. He tells you he'll meet you there.

EDIT: Really good stuff Spokes, colour me impressed.

So what we are going to be doing is taking a Jumpship circuit to Coventry. That means instead of taking one Jumpship and waiting two weeks for a recharge between jumps, you'll be transferring the Pride straight over to the next Jumpship and it'll jump normally within 1-3 days. So instead of taking 3-4 months, it's going to take you guys 3 weeks. I'm inclined to just move straight ahead to where you transfer to an RAI Jumpship and from there to the Pintos, but I'm open to ideas if anyone has anything planned while they're on the circuit. After all, most you don't know each other - but Shephard won't have arrived yet.

Edited by RogueSpear, 22 May 2013 - 02:17 AM.

#30 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

Thanks all, but don't go setting your expectations up too high. Nor Azman I am not. ;)

I'm really looking forward to stealing learning some tricks from you all. Feedback in any form would be most welcome. :D

#31 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Hope that is a good start to open up on.

#32 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

No worries Spokey, there's only one Nor Azman... And he's out there somewhere, doing something, maybe stealing little girl bikes or trying to sell people bobble-headed geisha dolls.

But we are lucky enough to have Mr. MacarebeDerek who's writing skills are equally impressive as well.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 22 May 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#33 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

Starting to think Thom is my personal promoter, which kinda worries me because I dont know if I can keep up to that standard. Still, will keep pushing it until I cant write no mo'e.

#34 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

Great post Mac, I personally loved the intro. I think it does Juri a lot of justice.

#35 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Thanks Rogue.

Hey Thom, is there any background you would like to have with Juri? Rogue brought up a point that a potential 'junkie' might be a point of interest to justify to Thom, be it ignorance or he's got something cookin. Hope we can do either one as RP rather than background filler, mostly because I dont get the opprotunity to interact with ya IC often enough :(

#36 The Shepherd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thought long and hard about the best place for Cees to slot in. Propose, if it's OK with you Rogue, to have him present from the get-go on Outreach, with Thom and my RP antics taking place there before shipping out. Think it makes sense that Thom would have his XO position sorted before they get underway. Not to mention there’d be a mountain of paperwork to sort through in op prep. And Cees does love paperwork (seriously!).

Also, stopping over back on his home planet would be a great little way to build tension for his character. He has no desire to go back there after all, but would have to for the sake of the mission. Have a few ideas buzzing around.

#37 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Works for me. Go for it

#38 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

Sorry for the extra post, but the magnificent mess of Thom's accent was too good to pass up. :P

Li will be "hanging out" in Mech bay two if anyone wants to wander by. If not, I'll get her to the briefing, though she may be a little late.

#39 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Never apologize for extra posts - unless told to shut up buddy :P

#40 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostSpokes, on 23 May 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Sorry for the extra post, but the magnificent mess of Thom's accent was too good to pass up. :P

Li will be "hanging out" in Mech bay two if anyone wants to wander by. If not, I'll get her to the briefing, though she may be a little late.

I'll take that hook - I've been looking for a way to bring Adrianna into the story, and her own dislike of zero-g seems like the perfect opportunity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users