168 replies to this topic

#141 Sarous

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

Patch Date: Tuesday, May 21
Pre-Patch: ~50 ping
Post-Patch: ~130 ping

Elaboration: My ping has more than doubled since the patch.

System & Personal
Spoiler

#142 CaptStix

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

It's a shame that one of my first posts here is a complaint.

Anyway, since the Patch this game has become unplayable. I always used to get under 100 ping and no lag to speak of at all. Since the Patch i can't even keep up with the action. Constant lag.

Oh, and I'm in Florida.

#143 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

I have also noticed a pretty drastic change in latency. I initially thought it was something local to me, but after thorough troubleshooting of my router and connection I see that it is indeed happening at the server. Increases in latency are not being seen on the hop prior to the server IP, overall they remain relatively steady with an average response time of 55ms. My pre-patch ping was in the 55-65ms range without fail.

Now I see my in-game latency start in the 50-55ms range, and then spike to 120+ms, and then fall back down to the normal range. These spikes happen over the course of several seconds, ramping up to 85-90, then 120+, falling back to 85-90, and then back to 50-55.

Interestingly, while monitoring the latency, I noticed an uptick in several (but not all) other players latency that was concurrent with mine. This behavior remained consistent throughout the rounds that I watched it closely.

Regardless, I figured I would post to say that I am also seeing these issues in case they are not part of the work that is currently being done to address performance degradation that Bryan alluded to on twitter 2 days ago.

#144 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

I feel like there is a problem with HSR. im feel like im getting a lot of noregs from ballistics.

#145 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 29 May 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

I feel like there is a problem with HSR. im feel like im getting a lot of noregs from ballistics.

I felt that way too for a bit and that's when I start monitoring my latency for a few minutes per match consistently and mapping out my routed connectivity to make sure it wasn't local to me or intermediate. It definitely has the appearance of being local to the server itself as any latency seen is not showing up on the last hop in Toronto before it hands off to the server.

Have you watched for large variation (>45ms) in your latency?

#146 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts
  • LocationOakland, California Republic, North America, Terra

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

For the past week connectivity has really dropped off for me. I normally enjoy 70-90 MS ping it is now all over the place. Rubber banding is back. I am leading quite a bit to hit anything.

I also am discoing to mech lab, 1st time I have ever experienced this.

#147 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

The on-target Ballistic shots that don't register damage is far and away the most annoying bug at the moment for me. There are times when upwards of 30% of my AC5 salvos on my quad-AC5 Jager simply do not register. There are times when there's a delay in firing (something I thought the first half of the Ballistic HSR that's been implemented was supposed to fix). There is just a general frustration with trying to connect with Ballistics right now, but in particular I find it happening with Autocannon shots and sometimes PPCs as well. The shot will be on target, the impact will occur, but no damage is dealt.

Edited by jay35, 29 May 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#148 Chazer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm getting disconnected from the game and dropped back into the mechlab at a rate of 30% or so of my games. I am currently on a string of 3 games in a row where I get dropped back to the launch window. It isn't consistent when this occurs, sometimes it happens at the start of a match sometimes it happens 5mins into a match.

#149 Athalus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

Did not notice a fps change since last patch. This is still my situation:

Spoiler

#150 McGruff

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 79 posts
  • LocationTerra, 52-23 N 13-24 E

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

Hi.
Had some increase of PING Before 120-180 now more like 160-300 in average. Yes i also have rubber banding again.
On the otherside i have about 1 disconnect per 20 games - not great but ok for Beta and considering I am connecting from Germany with only about 8Mbit down and 650Kbit up.

System is I5 OC at 4000MHz, 16GB, AMD 6870, SSD (with OS and MW)

Thumbs up for the developers - improving software is no easy task!

Cheers
McGruff

#151 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Sorry for posting 2 days in a row on this but has there been any acknowledgement or response from PGI re: this issue?

I am on a Comcast cable connection & I have ESET NOD 32 as my anti-virus. It has been the most unobtrusive anti-virus software when it comes to online games. I also have a special exception set up for MWO in the antivirus program options.

Yesterday around 19:00 pacific time connectivity reallly was quite poor. My ping was shooting up to 1400 hovering around 150-200 and spiking all over the place.
I am in California and normally experience 70-90 pings. After the rubber banding fixes around he holidays and the subsequent HSR introductions a few months ago my connection has been more or less impeccable.

I observed some pretty severe rubber banding, leading targets with lasers feels like pre-HSR pre rubber banding fix that dropped around Dec/Jan.

I reinstalled the game last night but it did nothing to improve my connectivity.

Is there anyway we can get some kind of acknowledgement on this issue? I have not been one to complain in the past but this is the 1st time the game has been (what I would concider) "unplayable." I purchased premium time last weekend that is now gone to waste. I am a little cross over this tbh. I should not have to create a twitter account in order to get some kind of acknowledgement form PGI staff.

Edited by CarnifexMaximus, 30 May 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#152 Zander Rose

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 25 posts
  • LocationLeominster/Fitchburg Mass

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

I am having severe rubber banding issues. I have gone thru and checked all drivers, run the repair tool, re-installed the game, reset the modem and router, restarted my computer. Checked the temp of the cpu and gpu. I ran an internet speed test. I played different games. I could find no issues playing the other games. Finally, I took a sledge hammer and threatened my computer. Nothing seems to work. The game is un-playable. What ****** me off most, I just spent 30 dollars today buying my MC, and about an hour or two later, the game becomes unplayable. You think you guys could maybe find a solution?

#153 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

for the love of Kerensky, PGI PLEASE rollback the netcode changes you introduced on May 21.-patch, PLEASE.

#154 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

View PostIronwithin, on 30 May 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

for the love of Kerensky, PGI PLEASE rollback the netcode changes you introduced on May 21.-patch, PLEASE.

One and a half weeks and they still havent fixed it.

#155 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostWieland, on 31 May 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

One and a half weeks and they still havent fixed it.

Network code is not something you can just easily roll back or press a 'fix now' button to get an insta fix. The issue that seems to be affecting those posting here (ie increased latency/rubberbanding) is being worked on however as noted in a tweet earlier this week by Bryan. I would wager we'll see a fix for this coming out shortly.

In the meantime, those of you with routers in your home and the knowledge to be able to implement changes may want to verify your DDoS settings and firewall settings, specifically the ones related to UDP packet rate. It was noted in another thread that changing the accepted rate to 400 for UDP was successful in reducing latency and connectivity issues for some.

That thread is here: http://mwomercs.com/...ss-since-patch/

#156 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

I have been noticing a steady deterioration of connectivity and FPS over the past week. My ping went from 43 to 60 and my FPS dropped from 40 to 12, 4 if I turn on thermo or nightvision.

#157 Max Jinas

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

Am a sad panda - four games tonight, four dc's. Repair tool didn't find anything. Fresh install didn't help. Game is becoming unplayable and I'm beginning to feel like I owe it to my teammates to refrain from playing until this gets resolved.

i7-2720QM 2.20GHz, AMD Radeon 6750M

#158 Grim Kodiak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Before last regular patch my ping was around 160ms (not great but playable) after Patch the ping is around 370 and spikes up to 1000ms (very very very frustrating). So i hope PGI has noticed this problem.

#159 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hey, thought I would throw this out there. After raging about this issue pretty hard all last week I ended up messing around with my router on Friday. My router is an ASUS RT-N16 running DD-WRT. I forwarded these ports:
TCP 45461
TCP 45464
UDP 21000 to 30000

Also I'm pretty sure I set up QoS properly allowing me to take full advantage of my bandwidth. I played most of Friday morning and afternoon. I noticed a HUGE difference in rubber banding (verly little/none back to normal) and Ballistics seem to be hitting well (copious testing of my beloved UAC5s and AC2s at range made me quite happy).

However my ping still leaves a bit to be desired. Where I used to be guaranteed 70-90, I saw pings spike all over the place (200s, 400s up to 1400) after may 21 patch. With the couple dozen matches I played Friday it always went like this: drop into the match, ping spikes to 140-200 before start up sequence. One match officially gets started I may experience a 100-200 ping spike, but everything seemed to stabilize (or at least try to) to around 90.

I am no IT person, I'm not sure what I did had any real benefit to address this problem, however my game is now playable.

#160 MentalPatient

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

I have heard that the packet loss problem might be an issue with the crytek engine, but obviously some tolerance setting they have changed recently had a severe negative effect. Hopefully they can adjust that tolerance to be more forgiving to packet loss.

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users