Missile Update - Feedback

507 replies to this topic

#201 Charlie Brumfield

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

Lrms are useable now, love, the new flight path and do not see an issue with plunging fire when using a line of sight lock from a teammate. Splash dmg to ct is kind of inevetable. The ct is in the center of your mech after all.

#202 Effectz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 349 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

Played first game a few mins ago after a little break,map was river city,whole enemy team camped their spawn on upper,every single one using Lrms,pushed to upper.Get nailed behind the tall buildings.Cored in about 4 seconds in an Atlas.

Guess it's time for another break.

Edited by Effectz, 22 May 2013 - 05:50 AM.

#203 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

I dunno, maybe I am in the m minority here, I see LRM's are crazy ... but not uber stupid crazy like the last major lrm buff patch or the first week of artemis. I was getting a bit burned out on PPC warrior (had all the pop tarts in my garage so I know about them well) but nerfing PPC from 3 seconds to a full 4 seems a bit crazy. I echo what many say, make an incremental adjustment on PPC say 3 to 3.5.

With the LRM's ... with CT splash still happening ... maybe just change the flight path / speed and leave the damage at .7 rather than .9 until you get the further adjustments in play. I want LRM's to be relevant, even if I don't use them myself much .... but the nerf / buff always seems so dramatic for each weapon when implemented.

#204 Nightcrept

• 1,050 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

Lrm's aren't really that effective.

Players are just flocking to the new thing. Give it a week or so for the players who don't come to the forums to adjust to the introduction of lrms again and ecm, ams etc to begin appearing.

#205 MADSix

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

Used and was killed by LRMs last night. I did not notice the cover being useless. Quite a few of my missiles hit terrain. I was happy that I wasn't useless anymore. ALRM60 TAG BAP

#206 Tigerchen

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 97 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

Quality Patches made by PGI.... :D

View PostNightcrept, on 22 May 2013 - 06:07 AM, said:

Lrm's aren't really that effective.

Players are just flocking to the new thing. Give it a week or so for the players who don't come to the forums to adjust to the introduction of lrms again and ecm, ams etc to begin appearing.

+1

Edited by Tigerchen, 22 May 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#207 necromechro

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

In my opinion, the arc in general is too high, buildings can hardly block the missles for you, i would normally think that would be fine under the circumstance of .7 damage, but WITH the damage increrase AND the trajectory changes, missles are way overpowered and id rather be back in the land of pop tarts, and even 3 AMS cannot stop all of these missles.

I reccomend a shorter arc, i like how the trjectory works, but its a tad too high up,
A slight damage nerf again, .8 would be a good number.
I also think that misssles should not re track if you re lock after losing a missle lock, that makes evading the missles too difficult, the place missles should have in the game is harrasment not complete obliteration, based around the idea of the target not even hitting you so you shouldnt be doing absurd amounts of damage. I hope we can get these missles balanced one day, thank you.

In my opinion, the arc in general is too high, buildings can hardly block the missles for you, i would normally think that would be fine under the circumstance of .7 damage, but WITH the damage increrase AND the trajectory changes, missles are way overpowered and id rather be back in the land of pop tarts, and even 3 AMS cannot stop all of these missles.

I reccomend a shorter arc, i like how the trjectory works, but its a tad too high up,
I also think that misssles should not re track if you re lock after losing a missle lock, that makes evading the missles too difficult, the place missles should have in the game is harrasment not complete obliteration, based around the idea of the target not even hitting you so you shouldnt be doing absurd amounts of damage. I hope we can get these missles balanced one day, thank you.

#208 WolvesX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

imo its hard to say if they are truly OP.

I know, I know... my statement is in direct contrast to the mainstream here, but...

lets try this a bit.

Yes, the ankel with a spotter is - well - strange, but I would like to read more stuff from 8v8.

In Pug is hard to play imo.

Lets see, what happens in the next days.

#209 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

I think everyone would have appreciated a "we need a few more days to fix a problem" rather than "we know it's broken, but installed it anyway". Glad you guys don't do brake work....

#210 Twisted Power

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

All I have to say is... About time, but damn good job! I have been waiting for you to fix SRM trajectory, LRM missile speed and missile convergence from systems.

Now there is only one thing left. A hold to toggle button for my LRMS. When the button is held my LRMS will not go up at all but fire completely straight. So I may Fire them into the face of mechs foolish enough to rush me! I would be OK if using this toggle would remove the clustering effects of things like tag and airtimis.

Edited by Twisted Power, 22 May 2013 - 06:28 AM.

#211 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

People used to laught at me for hitting shutdown to break missile lock, this tactic is paying off real good right now.
The second betty annouce incoming missile, hit shutdown and immediately power up again and move away while the shooter try to relock. Thanks to the faster missile travel speed, this leave them little time to react, unless having tag.

#212 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=146878452

First drop last night with LRMs on my team that I could see the flight paths.

#213 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

Paul,

Thanks nfor introducing a new meta! The reign of the poptart was getting annoying. Does the missile arc need to change? Probably, since cover is mostly negated.

Once you guys fix teh splash damage, I'm very much looking forward to the LRM balance. I think you guys will have it pretty bang on. Thanks!

#214 RAGE PRO

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

Lrm ok now (maybe need little reduce damage CT), stop cry and plz use tactics, ams, ecm, atlas-k and stalker-5s.

#215 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

Feels like we've taken one step forward, 4 steps backwards. If you look beyond the obvious issues, there seemingly is some progress here IMHO. The arch when firing indirect with a spotter has potential, and you can see what was trying to be done here, something I feel can have value to game balance. But what's happened is, The arch point is too far back, and it's just insane, almost impossible to get cover.

I like the idea of a scout being able to spot for in-direct LRM fire, it could potentially offer up a nice counter to static / pop sniper ish game play. But there are two things I'm just really bewilder about. Considering the yo yo balancing of LRM's previous, how was this miss in testing? I mean, it seems to me your testing environment is just not any where near a live environment, that's all I can think of, because your pushing out these things and they bork the game.

The other thing is the whole LRM splash damage equation. Can you tell us what the situation is with this? Is I've been confused on this issue as I've read conflicting reports but the way I understand it, the splash damage issue is still unresolved, and is some weeks away from a fix. This means CT's are still taking a lot of splash damage, which contributes to them being cored out very quick. Is this still the case? If that is the case, I don't understand why you didn't hold off on this, or why did you buff damage? I'm not claiming to be correct on this point, please feel free to communicate what's happening regarding the splash damage with LRM's

TL;DR You can see some tentative progress with how LRM's fit into the game, and how they are used. But the in-direct arch point is busted, as you admitted, so why was this not caught in testing? This is the 4th time this has happened, you need to take a long hard look at your testing environment because it's obviously not very indicative of the live game environment.

Furthermore, what's going on with splash? Is in turned on / off, is it tuned down? If it's still broken and turned on, why? And why did you make these changes without a fix to the splash damage issue.

Thanks,
JC

#216 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

I've been doing fine against the LRMers. They're the same group as the poptarts. All you need to do is change things up on them and they panic/die pretty fast. I turn their stacked deck in to 52 card pickup.

#217 Huntsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

My 2 cents to perfectly balance LRMs...

- keep the damage like it is now
- increase the projectile velocity to be much faster than it is now
- change back to the prior patch's flight path

What will this accomplish? The ability to hit targets who are out in the open before they take cover, rather than denying them the use of cover at all as occurs in most spots with the current flight path.

#218 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

View Postarmyof1, on 21 May 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

The whole counter poptart argument really becomes invalid since the way lrms act now will affect ANYONE, with jumpjets or not. Of course they are usable, because they can hit you even when you're taking cover behind tall hills as long as the hills slope downward, because it takes almost fully vertical cover to counter the equally almost vertical flight path or the lrms. There's no doubt whatsoever this needs to be fixed or else you're nullifying a huge majority of what used to be good cover, leaving little left as useful cover whatsoever. To leave it as is would be nothing but a huge mistake.

You don't speak for everyone. LRM is fine as it is now, not everyone has problem with it you know :D

#219 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Fix splash and artimis, lack of LOS and buddy spotting tragectory bug and they will be fine. As of now they ate quite simply broken (addmited by the devas). So enjoy your LRMS whilst they last. Once they are fixed and you have your inflated ELO from ad using a broken game mechanism me and mine will smite you down with great justice :D

#220 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostDamocles69, on 22 May 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

Fix splash and artimis, lack of LOS and buddy spotting tragectory bug and they will be fine. As of now they ate quite simply broken (addmited by the devas). So enjoy your LRMS whilst they last. Once they are fixed and you have your inflated ELO from ad using a broken game mechanism me and mine will smite you down with great justice :D

We'll see ;)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users