#161 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

View PostRas187, on 22 May 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

This The 3nd time to be excatly, Lrms where Just FINE, maybe the dmg was abit low, But The speed of the lrms is now WAY to Fast. and why Chage Something that Worked Fine..... Give the Lrms some Rest Please,,,,

4th actually, I remember back at E3 LRMs were underpowered but just by alittle. After that tho the systematic destruction of LRM programming began and now we just have to flip a coin to see if they are buffed to hell or nerfed to hell. I don't even use poptarts or LRM boats I use fast meds and my Jager with 3AC5s. Just watching matches is harsh sometimes. Though my team can win matches under current conditions or atleast come close the way we are playing is not as enjoyable as if we were playing with brawlers and support mechs like it should be. The Atlas should be the up front brawling instead of being a fat LRM boat while the Cat is upfront brawling with streaks. Doesn't that seem weird to anyone?

#162 Squid von Torgar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 819 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

Just a little too much hysteria on this thread methinks.

The two issues with LRM's at the moment are as identified in the CC post. Indirect fire LRMs have too much of a steep dive angle and due to splash damage, too much of the damage is going to CT.

Fix those (as they said they will) and LRMs would seem to be pretty good.

I must say though I am simply baffled at why these known issues got though. In the greater scheme of things I am sure after a hotfix things will go back to normal, but given that PGI must know that any excuse to rant and rave is seized upon and usually blown out of all proportion, why they went ahead and implemented it anyway seems like madness.

Or could it possibly be that they know that the majority of players (you know the ones that don't even come near the forums) will just shrug and carry on playing?

#163 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

Hi again and bye,

till the LRM is fixed, I am out.

Being crippled by the jumper highlander and such with missiles... well I am not going to help their kill counts go high.

Demigod and Moonbreaker will help me out till the FIX-Patch or the Patch-Patch of the Next-Fix-Patch is out... that means CU in 2 Weeks in MWO again :P

Bye

#164 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

Huge over reacting everywhere on this forum. LRM's are quite powerful now but not nearly as OP as themselves and other weapons have been in the past. Also I suggest equipping that thing called AMS that nobody has been using for months.

#165 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

View PostSquid von Torgar, on 22 May 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

Or could it possibly be that they know that the majority of players (you know the ones that don't even come near the forums) will just shrug and carry on playing?

I'm afraid of that but I would want to see the number of players who keep on trucking but alas that was removed from us too

#166 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostRawyn, on 22 May 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

How comes that LRMs are always reduced to "No aim = No skill required"

Noobs think that pointing your mouse is skill. Blah. Every veteran pilot knows that piloting and team play are the skills that matter. LRM's are the hardest to use weapon there is.

#167 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

Game balance is a fragile thing, kind of like a piece of glass. Here's how the devs are fixing it

Posted Image

The sad part is it has nothing to do with the size of the staff so they need time to do changes. Let them go at it a few months and you still get a broken mess as a result. It's like they're barely testing the changes they make and time and time again they do the same mistakes on the same weapons as if they can't remember the things they did wrong before.

#168 Fooooo

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

TBH I guess I don't really mind the 90 degree thing as an idea even if it wasn't intended or working as they wanted yet........ ( even tho its not exactly 90 like it was many patches ago.)

If you DID want in-direct LRMS to do this, (hit behind some cover) they should have reduced dmg and / or highly raised spread while doing so.

So with LOS you get full dmg LRMS and a tighter spread. (+ any tag / narc / artemis bonus's ofc)

With no LOS you get half dmg LRMS and a much wider spread. (+ any tag / narc bonus)

That way even mechs getting hit by in-direct LRMS behind cover, could sit there if they really wanted, but are better off either looking for the scouting mech and scaring them off, or moving to where the spotter can not spot them.

It will somewhat force people to move out of cover, or just move in general, without outright being able to kill anyone in seconds etc if you get me.....

Anything is better than nothing I guess, and maybe the splash fix coming will mean what I said isn't really needed anyway.

Edited by Fooooo, 22 May 2013 - 01:16 AM.

#169 twibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

Hmm, haven't played in a while. Seems like a good time to take my Stalker for a spin. *grin*

Exploit it while you can, folks. Maybe PGI will hurry the fix.

Still, dudes. Do some preliminary testing on your stuff. You just make yourself looks like unprofessional.

#170 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

Oh well, it's back to the ECM-powered mechs again until arc- and splash-bugs are fixed.
Or Stalker 3F with 4*LRM15... :D

Edited by VXJaeger, 22 May 2013 - 01:43 AM.

#171 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

Wow....just wow...this is the reason ppl I know don't read the forum anymore.

Have any of you tested AMS in it's new form? I always have AMS and played about 15-20 games after the patch. I haven't been killed ones by LRM (atleast not that I noticed) damaged, heck yes! But I had backup in the form of Blackjack, and like me he was using AMS. In one map we got targeted by LRMS (it was a mech with 2x LRM15) I think about 60% (or more, the end result was that the dmg was negligible) of the LRM's where shot down by AMS. Still need to test it further. Now I just need dust off my Stalker 5S and put those 2 AMS to work. :D

Edited by PPO Kuro, 22 May 2013 - 01:59 AM.

#172 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

Devs,tune a bit LRMs flightpaths and they'll be finally a decent weapon.Now as they are able to hit even those hiding behind buildings is not fair,and I'm talking that as LRM boat owner.

#173 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

So.. I keep wondering if you devs actually play what you push for the patches. As far as I know you guys are using a game that's roughly 2-3 weeks ahead of us.

How are you playing/testing the game? Because things like these should be pretty clear even after a single match for game developers.

Is this what the third, fourth time you screw up LRMs? We ain't too far from the first artemis iteration "lrms hit my head behind any kind of cover" that was hotfixed few days later. And why introduce these changes when you already know the splash damage to the CT problem? Seriously: why?

#174 Dustwalker

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

MY Opinion;
  • Dont change the Fligthpath at all
  • Revert or cancle the Splash dmg
  • revert the dmg Buff back to 0.7
Reasons for that - Splash and dmg buff is to Huge, coring happens way to fast, we all agree i guess. But the Fligthpath feels AWESOME, a real high Building or steep Canyon will still provide LRM Cover, but a smal Rock wont.
And since hitting is FUN, hel the LRM User with that expirience, let us half-decent reliable hit our targets for less dmg will grant us a way better game expirience.

#175 Chairman Meow

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

So Fing sorry not sure what happened. It gave me SQL errors and the poat got poated multiple times and more than once per post =(

#176 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnder your bed....BOO!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

i predict my lrm mechs going back into permanent storage and it will revive ppc warrior online lol

#177 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

The new pathing for both LRMs and SRMs is pretty nice.

The damage on LRMs seems a little borked though - why even bother with splash when it seems to have the opposite effect of what's intended (e.g. concentrating more damage into the CT instead of spreading it)? It strikes me that if they were just doing 1.2 point damage and the spread was just a tiny bit looser, they'd be just fine right now.

#178 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

Well. This is about as much fun colonic irrigation with forks.

#179 Roadbuster

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

This explains some things.
Especially the part about splash damage. It looked like damage got a bigger buff than the 0,2 dmg/missile because it was easy to take mechs out even with a LRM5.

The steep angle of the dropping missiles might be too much, but I really like the idea of making spotting more rewarding.

#180 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostLord Psycho, on 21 May 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

People actually have to keep moving and never get spotted now!!!!

I'm having flashbacks of CB LRM apologists from the First Great LRM war. Incidentally, that was the debut of the LRM orbital strike trajectory that keeps coming back quarterly.

There is no way to "never get spotted now!!!", because you don't need a dedicated spotter. All it takes is for one person to see you, and it's the dinner bell for every boat in 1km radius to rev up that left mouse button. And if they miss, who cares, you don't need to commit when you have this sort of range and don't really take return fire - just lost a bit of ammo. You can just wait for anyone to come in contact with the enemy, and then there will always be targets to shoot.

But I can see how it took everyone by surprise, I mean it'd only happened four times before that the game had become this:

Posted Image

Edited by Alex Wolfe, 22 May 2013 - 03:32 AM.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users