507 replies to this topic

#401 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostFuzzyLog1c, on 22 May 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Am I the only person that thinks it's HEEELARIOUS that they had time to make these graphics to depict their mistake:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And not just fix the effing mistake?

Yeah, because I'm sure that there detailed artwork took days and weeks to program... or was it 25 minutes in MS Paint?

#402 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

The tarts and humpers are still crying. And I'm still loving it.

#403 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

So most weapons aren't skill shots then.

I have an 80-90% hit level with lasers.

And I certainly don't miss with PPC's due to their crazy velocity.

I guess that leaves AC's and SRM's. But even SRM's mostly hit.

I mean good lord this game is not hard to aim with when i'm on my good computer, I can hit any assault/heavy/slow medium pretty much every shot.

When I'm on my crappy laptop it sucks, but that's a function of my computer's graphical lag.

But the 1 day a week I get on my good computer, this game is cake.

Stop acting like it's hard.

And ONTOP of all of that. LRM's are the only weapon that you have a warning, and time to dodge. Not only leaving it in my hands to know when to shoot. But also in the hands of my opponent to know when to duck/dodge/dive/dodge.

It's just terrible logic to say LRM's are easy or have no skill.

#404 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 23 May 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

It's just terrible logic to say LRM's are easy or have no skill.

I didn't say either of those things. Please stop imposing your own perceptions onto what I'm saying just so you can argue with those supposed statements. You are quite literally arguing with yourself at that point.

I said very clearly several times that they are "simplistic" weapons. Not that they were easy or have no skill. Search this page and the very first instance of the word "easy" is from you.

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 23 May 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

So most weapons aren't skill shots then.

I have an 80-90% hit level with lasers.

And I certainly don't miss with PPC's due to their crazy velocity.

I guess that leaves AC's and SRM's. But even SRM's mostly hit.

I mean good lord this game is not hard to aim with when i'm on my good computer, I can hit any assault/heavy/slow medium pretty much every shot.

When I'm on my crappy laptop it sucks, but that's a function of my computer's graphical lag.

But the 1 day a week I get on my good computer, this game is cake.

Stop acting like it's hard.

And ONTOP of all of that. LRM's are the only weapon that you have a warning, and time to dodge. Not only leaving it in my hands to know when to shoot. But also in the hands of my opponent to know when to duck/dodge/dive/dodge.

You are arguing that direct fire weapons do not require a calculated vector of fire when that is the definition of a direct fire weapon.

I am not nor have ever been saying that LRMs/SSRMs are skilled or unskilled. I am saying that they are simplistic and do not require the same level of interaction on the part of the user that others do. I go further to say that this simplicity is not beneficial in this case and should be looked at. That's all.

Any ideas you're getting about arguing something is easy or hard or perceptions of whining are purely a creation of your own imagination.

Edited by TruePoindexter, 23 May 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#405 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

Ups.
Guess you never saw really skilled LRM pilot.
Guys playing LRM now - mostly just a meat for any pilot knowing what to do with LRM.

#406 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Before patch all battles were full of Highlander and 3D pop tarts. It was the worst state this game has ever been in. Since the patch I've had extremely fun and varied battles with much more lights and mediums and more diverse weaponry. The plague of pop tarting is gone thanks to LRM buffs. I really hope they won't be nerfed to please the noobs. Just buff SRM's now to make brawlers more effective.

Of course something should be done in general to disencourage boating. This goes for all weapons but especially for LRM's since AMS means you get better than linear rewards for boating more of them. I'm actually starting to think that this game would be far better off with AMS completely removed.

#407 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

View PostTruePoindexter, on 23 May 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

I didn't say either of those things. Please stop imposing your own perceptions onto what I'm saying just so you can argue with those supposed statements. You are quite literally arguing with yourself at that point.

I said very clearly several times that they are "simplistic" weapons. Not that they were easy or have no skill. Search this page and the very first instance of the word "easy" is from you.

You are arguing that direct fire weapons do not require a calculated vector of fire when that is the definition of a direct fire weapon.

I am not nor have ever been saying that LRMs/SSRMs are skilled or unskilled. I am saying that they are simplistic and do not require the same level of interaction on the part of the user that others do. I go further to say that this simplicity is not beneficial in this case and should be looked at. That's all.

Any ideas you're getting about arguing something is easy or hard or perceptions of whining are purely a creation of your own imagination.

You are mincing words.

When you say they are simplistic and require less interaction, that is saying that there is less required or no required skill on the part of the user.

When I'm saying there is MORE interaction because not only do you have to either have 2 players working in unison, more than half the time you are required to keep a TAG laser on target for the entire flight of the missiles to even hope to do damage.

While keeping yourself in the open and having to do your best to try and avoid damage.

Whereas a PPC is just put reticle over slow moving target, click, done. Then you are free to do whatever you need to do to defend yourself of get cover.

Pretty much the same for every other weapon except lasers. Which due to the way they work have an 80-90% hit rate.

You are just talking out of both sides of your mouth really.

#408 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostTruePoindexter, on 23 May 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

You acquire your lock, try to determine if the current firing position will lead to a hit, and then fire. The actual flight path however is fixed and will never vary. There's nothing left to learn or improve upon past "will it hit? ok fire."

Umm... you have to keep the lock after firing for several seconds to hit. And if you want to hit good, you have to maintain view and tag line to the enemy all the time. So in essence you have to aim at the enemy for more or less 5 seconds to use LRM's. Compare this to PPC's that you can just shoot off in a fraction of a second and that's it.

#409 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

View Postarghmace, on 23 May 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

Umm... you have to keep the lock after firing for several seconds to hit. And if you want to hit good, you have to maintain view and tag line to the enemy all the time. So in essence you have to aim at the enemy for more or less 5 seconds to use LRM's. Compare this to PPC's that you can just shoot off in a fraction of a second and that's it.

He's overly simplifying it to the point where while he says he isn't saying they require no skill...that's basically what he's saying.

You are exactly right, for a direct fire with TAG it requires holding your reticle over a target for double, triple or more time than targetting with a PPC and firing.

#410 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

This is awful. Just awful.

*loads up LRM boat, giggles insanely*

I am going to CASH IN on this until the next patch. People: it's a BETA - of COURSE there's going to be balancing issues. Just be glad it's an open beta and you're allowed to play it. It's not like this is a finished product that's been out the door for a couple years: it's IN DEVELOPMENT.

#411 Zoghak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 23 May 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Yeah, because I'm sure that there detailed artwork took days and weeks to program... or was it 25 minutes in MS Paint?

well it took them more than a day to upload the canyon pic for their "exclusive" twitter reveal. so who knows? :P

#412 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hotfix incoming; the day is saved.

Thank you for not waiting two weeks to fix this =D

#413 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostCYBRN4CR, on 23 May 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Glad the hotfix for the splash and indirect spotting divepoint tweak is coming tomorrow. GJ PGI. :P

As long as they don't nerf them back into uselessness so the poptarts and ridge humpers get to come back out.

#414 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Hot fix incomeing tomarrow!!!! hope you no skill lackies enjoyed your fun! back to the trash heap with you tomarrow

#415 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

While I agree that the trajectory is a bit insane, it has been nice to see more variety of weapons post patch. Not everyone is using PPCs and Gauss like they were over the past month. I hope this doesn't return LRMs to obscurity.

#416 NoBodie

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 60 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, CA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

This is for the DEVs. If your going to nerf LRMS again then you better be nerfing the "POPTART" weapons AC< PPC etc, If they want 2 AC 20 in a Jagger then there going to have no armour or ams to protect themselves. Make a choice put more armour put AMS to counter lrms. don't blame it on the LRMS. If there is a hotfix, post what it is going to do. don't just say hot fix. If you keep nerfing everytime they cry you will never get this game pass the beta stage.

#417 Edson Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Please PGI please! Missiles are fun right now, but it's wrong to target the center torso, that I'm sure.

However, after the splash is fixed, we need a damage boost, 0.9 is too low, make 1.2, seems a good number, a bit low for my taste but for the sake of fun, don't leave it at 0.9!

#418 McGilligan

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

PGI, I'm tired...

#419 SixBottles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostNoBodie, on 23 May 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

This is for the DEVs. If your going to nerf LRMS again then you better be nerfing the "POPTART" weapons AC< PPC etc, If they want 2 AC 20 in a Jagger then there going to have no armour or ams to protect themselves. Make a choice put more armour put AMS to counter lrms. don't blame it on the LRMS. If there is a hotfix, post what it is going to do. don't just say hot fix. If you keep nerfing everytime they cry you will never get this game pass the beta stage.

yeah i'll make my choice... u know a dual AC jager has to come within 400m range and have a direct LOS with me. that btw means that he his in MY weaponrange AND I can see HIM too AND if I can see him, means that MY BUDDYS can see him too...

the 80 LRM stalker instead hides 800m away behind a rock and has alot more armour than the jaeger...

so yeah... i'll choose the dual AC over the LRM boat... EVERY FRIKKIN TIME...

#420 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

I am trying to be really really nice in this post. I really am, but seriously PGI? AGAIN? AGAIN with the malfing missile "OOPS!" bit? Getting really sick of this.

How about we actually make LRMs and Streaks for that matter need to lock on after every salvo? On that note how about we actually make streaks not do stupid 180 turns mid flight to hit the target, or spin circles around the mech until they can hit front torso, or hell even making them so they don't hit CT 100% of the damn time? How about TAG and Artemis don't stack? How about separate locking mechanics for Streaks and LRMs so Streaks don't have that "bug" of benefiting from Artemis, even though they don't have the actual guidance system on them?

I'm not saving my breath for this hot fix either. Blake knows something else will get boinked up in the process.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users