645 replies to this topic

#261 BVRCWolf

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts
  • LocationNorth West

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

I will buy it and I am sorry for your loss. It is a hard thing losing someone!!

#262 Fate Aki

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLuthien、資本ドラココンバイン

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

I have added the link this post to the House Kurita Teamspeak Server.

House Kurita pays our respects.

#263 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

Lets PLAY our respects PGI. How about a Lights vs Cancer tournament on the weekend AFTER you release the Jenner-Sarah Hero?

Let the marketing and legal gurus figure out how to make it into a fundraiser. Maybe as part of a Twitch TV event.

#264 Mega Deth

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Please Devs make a hero or champion mech in honor of Sarah. To Her family My condolences. Every time I drop in my jenner I way say a prayer for you guys.

#265 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I have lost family members as well and it's hard to lose someone so close. We are all precious and unique and hopefully we will meet again someday. Be well and take care.

#266 shaddurak

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationRaiding the periphery with Clan Wolf

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

my condolences Jon may she feast in the halls of Valhalla and strike down atlas on the wings of valkyrie

R.I.P Sarah

+1 to the hero/champion jenner

#267 WoollyMimmoth

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

View Postdr cyanide, on 23 May 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

As a twice over survivor of cancer I know well that little girls fight.
A hero Jenner named in her honour and the proceeds there of made from sales would be a beautiful memorial for her.

I +1ed this suggestion in my original condolences post but:

In addition to this, PGI could make a few decals to buy for MC and donate the proceeds to cancer charity/research (once decals become available obviously). I wouldn't mind having a brain cancer ribbon decal on my Mech. Or texts like "Get 'em good!" or "For Sarah" for that matter. Just a suggestion.

#268 Madcat46

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

First off I'd like to extend my condolences to Jon and his family in this time of unimaginable pain...

I started off thinking that a hero or champion jenner in memory of Sarah would be a great idea, However, after reading through the whole thread and seeing "This is a game the kid loved to play. Played to forget about the real world and have some fun with her dad if only for a second. Not a tool to be a constant reminder of the pain." I'm kind of on the fence about the whole idea now as I don't know if it would be her something her father/family would want. I can only imagine what kind of pain I would be in if I lost a child that young as I don't have any. And I can't say that it wouldn't crush me every time I ran into this mech on the field as I was trying to escape reality for a while. It's fairly easy to lose sight of the fact that people are grieving over this right now and the last thing they might want is to be reminded of it repeatedly.

Obviously now would not be the time to inquire about the family's thoughts on this topic but I think it's something that should be considered before it gets a green light. I'm not trying to start an argument or flame anybody, I'm just merely stating my opinion. I would be all for something like this as long as it was something I knew the people it was going to effect were behind the idea as well.

#269 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

View PostLe Goat, on 23 May 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

You know, it doesn't even have to be a hero jenner, could be like an angel statue or banner or what not.

just saying if they do anything, sign me up for a couple.

This is a good idea too. Be sure to make it look nice and pretty if it's a cosmetic item. :D

#270 Roflberry Pwncakes

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 40 posts
  • LocationNorthwest U.S.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

Weep not for brave Sarah, for now she strides joyfully and briskly across the Fields of Elysium in her very own Jenner, teasing Cronus himself with Streaks and lasers, and showing all of Earth's mightiest fallen heroes what 'Joy of Battle' TRULY means.

#271 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

Madcat46 does have a point. PGI need to contact the family to get their approval. I am sure they would like the idea.

If the family does approve a HERO JENNER should be created that carries the config she liked. Also, make the Paint Scheme available for all to buy via MC. Created a "GET EM GOOD" weekend. With rewards. 100% of the proceeds for that Hero Mech and Paint Scheme, plus a portion of all purchases that weekend go to the Cancer group. During the "GET EM GOOD" weekend have it so that anyone who pilots that HERO Mech gets a bonus in XP and C-Bills.

#272 Dalorante Corbanis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 122 posts
  • LocationCaboteur Elistar Maison Davion

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

Nos condoléance de la part de la Communauté FR.
Les enfants ne devraient jamais partir avant leur parent.

#273 Wolfskin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

We want to express our heartfelt condolences to Sarahs family. Amongst our unit there are some fathers themselves, and some warriors who expressed the wish to show our feelings towards this tragedy. At a loss for the right words we decided to get into our jenners and "Get `em good!"

Our thoughts are with you.

#274 Solarius

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

fare thee well, may you find peace on distant plains

#275 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Prayers for the family as I wipe the tears away

Would LOVE to see PGI do some sort of Fallen Hero Mech with some proceeds going to cancer research or something similar.

I know I would buy and DRIVE a pink Sarah and be damn proud of it!!!

So young...

Edited by vettie, 25 May 2013 - 06:36 AM.

#276 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

:huh:

My condolences to the family and friends, also sorry for the late comments - been busy. :D

#277 Skabs

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

numerous children die each year due to cancer within age group of 12 and under
a tragic horrendous thing to have happen to any family
I agree with MadCat46 statements of course
and I wouldnt mind supporting cancer reasearch through microtransactions
Im just saying you could about put any childs name on a mech and know somewhere some family
is suffering the loss =s
a point Id like to mention personally...I myself have lost a child my only one due to a rare caner I cant even pronounce a 2 year old memory that I myself honor in crafting steel flowers/butterflies/horses whatever I can think of once per year since I am a steelworker by trade, with her name on it.... I play this game and others to keep from dwelling on that pain along with kayaking and other such activities...
I just want to mention the fact that there might be others that may also be so affected by a memory
and in such Im only wanting to bring out that consideration
I really am sorry for your loss and I know that feeling of being unable to change that what we cannot control...and in that first year only word I could cough up was ..bull----.. because it didnt even seem real like your in some unending nightmare unable to help most important life in your life..not enough anger cuss words or tears to change anything like your tied down unable to break your bonds...yes I too was there...and also other families that have gone through this.... but I know my little one...and she would never have let me hear the end of it if I had acted on rashful thinking =s
I even swear sometimes if feels like shes watching dadaz from up above....

Honestly now that I thought of it...I might be at odds with idea of shooting/destroying mech named after a child went home due to cancer....

If this was a game of tickle me elmo barbie car racing with pretty pollyana making Tarzan noises... well...
that might be different

Edited by Skabs, 25 May 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#278 Grey Death Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

Its a shame for some so young as 5 years old to die from brain cancer, My deepest condolences to family and friends

May you rest in piece Little Mechwarrior

This has probably been suggested already can we Make a Hero Mech in Sarah name as show respect and may the mech live on as memory of Sarah

Edited by Death Storm, 25 May 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#279 sj mausgmr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Such a shame to lose one so young, with so much promise.

Condolences to you and your family Jon in this most troubling time, from myself and my brothers alike.

<S> to little Sarah, gone but never forgotten.

#280 Dirge Crenna

• Pip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Massive Bump!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users