For Sarah

645 replies to this topic

#241 Adria Amoro

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:39 AM

I believe what the people have in mind when asking for a hero mech or something in game is so that they have a way to remember and show their support in the game that she like to play and with a community that she was a part of. By all means go and donate to the cancer research of your choice so that it can better everyone and if PGI does something in this little girls memory, kudos to them it will show us that they are interested in us real people and that they have grown a community of like minded people. If I have to pay something for it then so be it but I would hope that the proceeds are forwarded to either the family or at the very least to the cancer research of their choosing.

My condolences go out to the family at this troubled time in their life. I wish you all the best in the future and remember the good about her and what she brought to your life.

#242 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

My condolences to your family, I've had several members of my family who have died from Cancer.

I've already made a donation, and would buy a memorial mech in a heartbeat.

#243 V3kter

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

I don't ever post to these forums usually too much crying and whining , but I break that cycle for this subject . Please make this into a hero mach and donate the proceeds either to cancer research or a charitiable fund in her name I will gladly buy it even though I hate light mechs
Thank You

#244 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

My most sincere condolences.

#245 defcon won

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

I'm so sorry to hear Sarah's life was cut short like this, but I'm betting she knew she was well loved. I've got kids too and I don't know how I'd handle this. Praying for the family and little Sarah.

#246 Grandmaster Ramrod

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationComfortable Leather Chair

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

Got halfway through the thread, couldn't make it any further. B)

Rest in Peace Sarah

#247 Peter von Danzig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

I am breathless.

My deepest condolences to her family.
Fair winds, Sarah!

Edited by Peter von Danzig, 24 May 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#248 Senior Knight Steele

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 93 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put her in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 18:1 - 4

But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

Matthew 19:14

Edited by Senior Knight Steele, 24 May 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#249 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

As a Cancer survivor (Leukemia) and a dad of a 3 year old girl who watches me play MWO, Im all-in on this one. Hero/Champion mech all the way with awesome flavor text on the pilot "Sara" who strafes Jagermech and takes down Atli with the greatest of ease with her streaks......

+1000

#250 Marwynn

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

My deepest condolences to Sarah's family and friends.

#251 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Mein aufrichtiges und tiefes Beleid.

May Sahra and her Family find Peace. My Mother died through Cancer and i support the Idea of supporting the Work against it.

#252 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

RIP Sarah.

I'm in on that Hero Mech thing. I do not want to play light Mechs at all, but this one would get one of my mechbays and I would bring it to the field.
I imagine how much Sarah would probably love it, if thousands of players would go to battle in her favorite mech in her memory, and setting a sign for the fight against cancer. If this saves just one single other kid from the same fate, it would be worth it a million times.
Also, PGI, please let 100% of the proceeds go to children's cancer research. I promise to spend a bunch more of MCs on other stuff if you do this.

To those saying "Rather directly donate to Cancer Research instead": Of course you can do that, of course those that read your comments can do that, and it's great if you do.
But think of all the players not reading the forum?
A hero mech in Sarah's name would collect a lot of money also from players who don't read the forum at all, or usually do not donate at all but just would want a Jenner with 3 or 4 missile hardpoints. It would be collecting much more money and therefore do much more good than if PGI just would put up a call for donations and a link to the cancer society. (Also, it would mean free advertisement about the cancer society in gamer's magazines because they would surely report about that move.)

PGI, please also add ECM to Sarah's Hero Mech. Not because i want it but so that even more people buy it and more money goes to cancer research.

#253 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Id say to all of those who say give directly to cancer research....YES, PLEASE DO! And buy a Sarah Hero Mech if they offer one! :-D

#254 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I would buy the hero jenner as well. The jenner is my first and favourite chassi. And by the sound of it, she was a promising jenner pilot. Such a shame :'(

Best of wishes, Emily.

#255 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

There's not much that we can do to take away the pain that is left, only time can do that. But it's important that Sarah is remembered; the best way to do this is to create the Jenner and let it bare her name. Every time we see a Sarah out there, it will be a reminder that our community can pull together to support our own. God Bless little one.

#256 Vraxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

I know folks bash the freemium model of MWO and the constant jeers of Pay To Win, but in this case, I think as a gesture this would be really nice to have a Hero or Champion mech with proceeds going to a Cancer charity. I don't pilot Jenners much at all but I'd certainly do so if the funds went to a good cause.

#257 LapsedPacifist79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 134 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

You would be hard pressed to find someone, especially with this game's older players, whos life hasn't been touched with this f*****g disease.

Give us a "Sarah" mech and donate the proceeds to research. Please. I contribute to research monthly but would be happy to buy a mech to help more. Especially for a 5 year old girl Mechwarrior! Cool isn't even close to an adequate word.

I'm raising a damn heavy glass for you as I type Sarah. My next destruction is in your name.

Requiescat in pace mate.

Edited by LapsedPacifist79, 03 June 2013 - 05:58 AM.

#258 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

My condolences.
I cannot imagine the anguish and heartbreak the family must be going through. As a father of 2 young boys, the eldest being 5 and he loves to play 'my 'mech game' with me, my heart and mind shrink from trying to comprehend what the family is going through.

No parent should ever live to see the death of their beloved child.

I am sorry for your loss. Best wishes.

-Andrew

#259 Korosu Akuma

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

View Postdr cyanide, on 23 May 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

Wesley Norman Clark: MWO, Piranha Games... do the girl a service so we will all remember her... make Hero Jenna, name it after her, donate the proceeds to the cancer association.

I'd buy it

#260 Svalfangr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostBA Dillard, on 24 May 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

This is just so tragic. So sensless and unfair. How anyone can believe in a God that allows this sort of thing to happen to innocent children is beyond me. My condolences to the family.

Keep in mind that for every Great Good there is a Great evil and while it is easy to blame God for the loss of such a young one, It isnt fair to do so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users