For Sarah

645 replies to this topic

#221 mania3c

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 466 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

There is nothing what can be done or said to make whole situation better.. We had multiple deaths in our family caused by cancer and I lost my dad and girlfriend when she had 19 years. It hurts..but you have to go through ..and you will meet your loved ones again..

Jon, i can't imagine what you are going through right now..but I think I understand your pain.. Let little Sarah be your guide for rest of your life..and in the end..you will hug and kiss her again.

For PGI.. I bought only camos and colors for MC..but if you will create any tribute to Sarah..hero mech, cockpit item, camo..whatever.. I will buy it in heartbeat if you will donate at least part of this money to cancer research center or family. I wont make it easier for them..but at least is something I can do for them..and Little Mechwarrior Sarah.

#222 Shumabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

View PostViper69, on 24 May 2013 - 07:16 AM, said:

[/size]
Did I say you my friend? I was referring to the "Cant believe in god" reference I quoted. I think someone has a guilty conscious hehe. At any rate I agree with you and with the others. It does not have to be a specific variant it could be a skin or color palette hence why I asked what her favorite colors were. Although a hero mech would be nice too and we dont know how long it takes to make a variant, slap a skin on it and call it something.

Oh, I apologize then. Your signature image and the fact that you posted right after me made me think I was the target. I think the issue with with timing is just retasking people off of other active projects to shift the mech into a place where they can work on this specifically. Developing a system where they can note and collect specific MC purchases for charity would also take a while, I doubt they have a system in place for it right now. The cancer society has donation banners that are free and easy to implement in html.

Edited by Shumabot, 24 May 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#223 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostShumabot, on 24 May 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

Oh, I apologize then. Your signature image and the fact that you posted right after me made me think I was the target. I think the issue with with timing is just retasking people off of other active projects to shift the mech into a place where they can work on this specifically. Developing a system where they can note and collect specific MC purchases for charity would also take a while, I doubt they have a system in place for it right now. The cancer society has donation banners that are free and easy to implement in html.

Dont appologize, my wife says I have horrible timing as well.

It is a lot of pressure to put on a developer to be sure but it would not be a first Blizzard (I know mega corp with a lot of people) sell vanity pets with proceeds going to charities.

PS editing out my other post to eliminate confusion and take away from the thread.

Edited by Viper69, 24 May 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#224 Baddaawg

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

Rest in Peace little Mechwarrior.
May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

#225 Jamestown86

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

I would buy the hero mech in a second, and I am so very sorry for your loss Jon and family.

Posted Image

#226 Ragashar

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFinland

While it probably would take the team some effort to do this, I'd like to think that they'd be willing to do the little extra work this would entail. In the spirit of charity as is the whole cause. Doing a skin and changing a hard point or two shouldn't be too much. They could add it in a hotfix. Streaks and MLasers were her weapons of choice so it would be quite easy to design as well.

And they do have the metrics already in place to donate based on quantity of sales. They know exactly how much of anything and at what price is sold. If they don't, they are fools as this is their bread and butter and are constantly working on making the sales as attractive as possible so people would spend money. If they don't know how much of what they sell, any type of optimization is next to impossible. They just have to look at the numbers and decide how much per sale are they going to donate.

And it is not unprecedented to sell ingame stuff for charity... Eve has had their Plex for what ever cause sales when it seems appropriate. And by just looking at the community reaction this would be a perfect chance to try something like this.

#227 Crunk Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 255 posts
  • LocationJamalia

Im just going to say this now.

Like instructed by the girls own family, people should just go to:

http://www.cancer.ca/en/?region=bc

And donate money to it instead of wanting to get some free ingame item with your donation. Its sleezy.

The only way I could possibly accept something like this, would be if 100% of the money made off the hero mech was donated. If even 1% was kept by PGI/IGP they would be profiting off a little girls death.

#228 locotino

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationOortsche Wolke - Irgendwo darin............

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

....................... :D ...........................Auch von mir ein "Ruhe in Frieden"!..........

#229 Kamelkaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 423 posts
  • LocationIm Cockpit seines Urbies!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Rest in peace Sarah.

#230 Ollie Rifleman Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenberg (TC)

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

:D

#231 Piners

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 24 May 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

Im just going to say this now.

Like instructed by the girls own family, people should just go to:

http://www.cancer.ca/en/?region=bc

And donate money to it instead of wanting to get some free ingame item with your donation. Its sleezy.

The only way I could possibly accept something like this, would be if 100% of the money made off the hero mech was donated. If even 1% was kept by PGI/IGP they would be profiting off a little girls death.

This.

The Bible beaters and people with delusional self entitlement need to get off their high horses. Instead of debating why we need something in a game not tied in with cancer research or what you would and wouldn't buy if it was "related" to cancer research/relief, go donate directly

You want to honor her memory properly? Donate directly and save a family somewhere else from this grief. Don't wait for the "what ifs" of a stacking fund from a game. Make a pledge and donate weekly/monthly/yearly to make a real contribution.

This is a game the kid loved to play. Played to forget about the real world and have some fun with her dad if only for a second. Not a tool to be a constant reminder of the pain.

If you want a way to show the awaiting masses how you are able to support a good cause slap a pink ribbon on your bike/car/fridge/idontcarewhat. If you care this much of what people think about you, some humbling in the near future could do you some good.

Condolences to the family.

The rest of you, GET REKT.

#232 Adrius ADI Manthays

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII - Solaris City - Silesia District

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

Ruhe in Frieden Little Girl :D

Salut

#233 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

=(

My condolences to the Family. Having spent some time in the hospital with my daughter, I know a little of what they're going through. I can't imagine losing my little girl, it's just a heart breaking thought.

Rest in Piece Sarah.

#234 zraven7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationDuluth, Georgia

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

View Post8100d 5p4tt3r, on 24 May 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

In light of this weekend being Memorial day weekend. I am asking for my fellow pilots to stable your usual ride in favor of a Jenner if that isn't the norm.

For me, that is the case as I am usually in a Cicada or heavier though if you find the time to drop in a match, for the memory and to honor Sarah that if you have a Jenner, drop in a match. Either the Trial, or a custom. If you can purchase one via C-bills?

Drop at least one match?

Any matches I run this weekend are happening in my Jenner K, and it's getting refitted with an SSRM2 for a few days.

#235 mania3c

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 466 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostPiners, on 24 May 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

This.

The Bible beaters and people with delusional self entitlement need to get off their high horses. Instead of debating why we need something in a game not tied in with cancer research or what you would and wouldn't buy if it was "related" to cancer research/relief, go donate directly

You want to honor her memory properly? Donate directly and save a family somewhere else from this grief. Don't wait for the "what ifs" of a stacking fund from a game. Make a pledge and donate weekly/monthly/yearly to make a real contribution.

This is a game the kid loved to play. Played to forget about the real world and have some fun with her dad if only for a second. Not a tool to be a constant reminder of the pain.

If you want a way to show the awaiting masses how you are able to support a good cause slap a pink ribbon on your bike/car/fridge/idontcarewhat. If you care this much of what people think about you, some humbling in the near future could do you some good.

Condolences to the family.

The rest of you, GET REKT.

this wasn't really needed my friend.. I am atheist..i don't care about god or bible ..but really..there is nothing wrong if PGI will make something as tribute to Sarah in game. Please, keep your tone down.. you have your opinion and I respect that even if I don't agree with it, but your offensive tone is really a bit off in this thread.

#236 saint71

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

RIP

What more can one say, keep her in your heart and she will always be with you.

#237 Penthrox

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

So sorry to Sarah's family for their loss.

Being a Paramedic and a Nurse I deal with sad things on a daily basis but it never gets easier.

Sign me up for a Mech in her honour.

Pen

#238 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

Herzlichstes und tiefstes Beileid der kompletten Tamar Jäger.

We hope the Idea of a Charity-Mech gets accepted and put into the Game.

Rest in Peace little Sarah, may your family find peace.

#239 Julilus Reverand Ohns

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

rest in peace sarah

#240 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

I must have just crawled out from under a rock, because I heard about this from a friendly player in TS just a moment ago. This is heartbreaking to hear about such a cute little girl succumbing to cancer. My sincerest condolences to the Parris family.

I would love to see the community band together and do some kind of fundraiser to honour her. A suggestion? Have a percentage of the value of MC purchases for a given time frame donated by PGI to Cancer research in honour Sarah Parris and her family.

OR better yet, having the suggested Hero Sarah Jenner and/or a custom paint job that can be used across all chassi would be a great way to show our respect, too. It would be a locked colour scheme. The MC cost on these can be used for the donation to charity. I suggest making it affordable enough that you get the optimal purchases made (like equal to $2.50/person or something like that).

I know some variation of the above has likely been suggested, so my apologies for the repetition.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users