Battlemech 20: Victor

566 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

The roar of her jump jets fill her ears she lands on the side of the hill firing her gauss rifle at the distant Atlas. As it turned to fire back, she waits till just before it had her in his sights to trigger her jump jets. Twin PPC blasts hit the ground where she was, followed by a gauss round, as her second gauss shot smacks into its side torso. The fight continues for a solid minute, and her opponent is clearly not amused. As another flight of LRMs sails toward her, she lands her Mech behind cover. Popping out on the other side, she lands with just enough of the Atlas in sight to fire off a round before moving again – and destroying the enemy Atlas’ right shoulder. The gauss rifle explodes, turning the centre torso dark orange on her screen. "This is Captain Von Deum to Alpha lance, are you close to my position? I have one enemy Atlas remaining, heavily damaged." "We’re with you, Captain. Five-hundred metres out and closing. You have enemy Cataphract and Centurion on your left flank.” "Roger – moving to intercept.” Posted Image As she jumpjets over another obstacle, she sees a quick glimpse of her opponents. The Cataphract rises into the air before her in the distance, letting off an alpha of two ERPPC’s and a Gauss shot, completely passing by her. Reaching the apex of its jump, she fires her gauss, smashing into the right torso. As the Centurion moves to her left behind cover, and she closes the distance to the ‘Phract. Rising he fires, his rounds sailing wide of her. She returns, firing her gauss as he reaches his apex, and just as before, hitting the right side torso. Injured, she closes the space to come within SRM range. As she strides along at 64 km/h, her first SRM4 salvo crashes into the ‘Phract, hitting the centre and right torso. This time her opponent fires at her from the ground, just as she taps her jump jets, throwing his aim off and taking one ERPPC hit to the right leg. Landing she fires her gauss rifle and medium pulse lasers, followed by volley of SRMs. The enemy Cataphract’s side torso explodes outward, hurling sideways into the ground. Assuming the Centurion to be behind her at this point, she turns and lifts off just as an AC/10 round hits her left arm and twin medium lasers pulling up after her, lightly damaging both her legs, followed by a volley of SRMs missing entirely. Landing she returns fire with a gauss/medium pulse laser combo to her opponents centre torso, followed by her own SRM volley, the Centurion twists to get its left arm in the way. She quickly closes the distance as it tries to sneak shots. As they trade shots, she finds that she had removed the enemy Mechs left arm, right arm, and left torso, leaving only its centre torso medium lasers. “Captain, pull back south! Bandits at F6, full lance!” "Received, on my way.” She replies, sailing over an obstacle. Alarms rang through her cockpit: WARNING – INCOMING MISSILES “Captain you have massive incoming LRMs, can you make it?” “I’ll be fine,” she says, smiling down at her Victor after landing behind cover “We do this all the time.”

#2 Othello

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

Good pick for Battlemech #20!

#3 Senior Knight Steele

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 93 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Awesome.

#4 GriZzZly

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Fabulous mech!

Edited by GriZzZly, 24 May 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#5 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted Image

#6 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Ballistic in the right arm, missile in the left torso, lasers in the left arm, jumpjets
An 80 ton Heavy Metal

#7 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

Yep. Love it. Another great re-envisioning job by FD and thanks to all the guys bringing his vision to life. I will be buying one.

#8 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Looks great, though I would have prefered a Hatamoto Chi.

#9 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostWieland, on 24 May 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

Ballistic in the right arm, missile in the left torso, lasers in the left arm, jumpjets
An 80 ton Heavy Metal

VTR-9A1 - A modification of the 9A model, the 9A1 adds only two Machine Guns to the 'Mech for anti-infantry use. The 'Mech has ten tons of armor, making it better protected then the 9A Model and the two Machine Guns allow the 'Mech to have excellent anti-infantry combat capabilities. BV (1.0) = 1,110, BV (2.0) = 1,302

Those machine guns are in side torsoes. B)

#10 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

"everyone's complaining about jump snipers - i know! lets give them an 80 ton jump sniper!"

Disappointed it wasn't the zeus as well

eta: though if only we had the Javelin we'd have the four Inner Sphere 'Mechs that came with CityTech, the Javelin, Centurion, Orion and Victor.

Edited by DocBach, 24 May 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#11 Fireye

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 54 posts

So glad you guys came through! Can't wait to see what those other 5-6 mechs you have "completed" end up being!

Lots of big names have piloted a Victor:
  • Grayson Carlyle piloted a Victor-9K in the late 3050s.
  • Patrick Kell fought his last battle on Styx in a Victor-9B in May 3027; the 'Mech was destroyed.
  • Theodore Kurita swapped his Orion for the Victor of Sho-sa Esau Olivares of the Legion of Vega during the Fourth Succession War, thus escaping from the Steiner forces who hunted down the wrong 'Mech. The Victor was destroyed in battle against Steiner forces on December 13, 3028 on Vega.
  • Victor Steiner-Davion piloted his namesake 'mech during his first posting and the initial thrust of the Clan Invasion, up through the Battle of Twycross. Later he acquired a Daishi from Jaime Wolf. It is strongly implied, though not explicitly stated, that when Katherine Steiner-Davion took control of the Federated Commonwealth, she had his old Victor sold for scrap. It instead came into the possession of the Black Heart Roses.
I would LOVE to see a canon Grey Death mech in the game!

Edited by Fireye, 24 May 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#12 Kitane

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

That strange world again, full of jumping poptarts with PPCs and Gauss guns.

I can hear gods laughing...

#13 redreaper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

my favorite mech at is here at last! B)

#14 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Pilot name on the right torso/shoulder.... "T. Deum".

Again, hats off to your art crew.

#15 Akrasjel Lanate

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationPoland

Nice B)

#16 Nuesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFreudenberg

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Well Hell of a Mech

#17 Felbombling

• 2,970 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

Flying Debris knocks another one out of the park! I am actually quite surprised that #20 wasn't a Banshee to fill the 95-ton gap, but you really cannot complain with the Victor.

#18 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

good choice..i really like this one and the concept is looking great...but i cant help thinking about the poptart situation..

#19 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

I can hear the distant cries of ¨Gundam¨...

Edit: cuz englizh be h4rd

Edited by 0okami, 24 May 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#20 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Second 80-tonner, with highlanderish loadout and JJs, when we also have both 75- and 85-tonners bracketing, all while heavier half of assault class underpopulated.

I'm less than impressed.

But the artwork is cool as always and it's good to have an announcement at last anyway.

Edited by Morang, 24 May 2013 - 10:23 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users