Crashing Everytime Now

60 replies to this topic

#1 foxcouture

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

I was really excited about this game. It seemed to be running fine the first 2 days, now everytime in a game it will crash. It crashes at random, but always in game. So I started searching the forums and.....I am not alone. Obviously something has changed since patch updates, so please, patch again and fix this!

I have tried all different graphics options, updated all drivers, and made sure that my PC is 100% healthy on my end.

#2 TyR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIL

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

The problem I and a number of others are having is a connection issue. Check your Omicron.log file in your MWO directory and look for lines like these.
CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_ProtocolError, desc=Remote disconnected: Malformed packet (1486)

CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_ProtocolError, desc=Remote disconnected: Received an ack for a packet newer than what we've sent (received 5708, at 5707); disconnecting

If you find them then one possible solution until PGI fixes the issue is to run using a VPN, e.g., CyberGhost. Others have posted the issues is that too many UDP packets are being sent, so some routers are invoking protection that ends up causing this. If your router lets you tweak your UDP flood settings you may be able to find a threshold that will prevent your game from dropping.

Edited by TyR, 30 May 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#3 Taxtripelsix

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Yeah I got a email from support, always the same questions , always the same Tips. It worked till the last patch. Nothing changed , not my Hardware not my Provider , absolutely nothing. The only thing that happend was the Patch. So it`s damm unlikely that it`s on my end of the line. 50 % of the Games are disconected. Premium Time counts down. And on last Thuesday NO Patch:( so I`m loosing 14 Days . Not helpfull if you get the same advises all the Time. I`m at the point where I do not write the support anymore.

Edited by Taxtripelsix, 30 May 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#4 Suncinec

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

Having the same issue here. What helped me, was using a vpn client (cyberghost in this case). My ping raised about 50ms up, but the packet loss seems to be fixed.

#5 MentalPatient

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

VPN works but is only a bandaid, PGI need to address this ASAP, as 90% of players seem to having problems.

#6 veedubfreak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 128 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

This **** is getting old. Why should i have to run through a vpn to play. My game crashes to desktop ever 4-5 games some nights, then the next day will work perfectly fine.

Funny story, I still just crashed again using the ghost vpn thing. FIX YOUR ****.

Edited by veedubfreak, 31 May 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#7 Decep-Qi-Kons

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 122 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

I am crashing in 50% of my games. This is since the patch. This part of your netcode needs to be more resilient to errors. The internet is a buggy piece of ****. The only reason it works is because software is written to handle it.

#8 veedubfreak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 128 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

I am crashing -every- game. I have not been able to complete a single game tonight. I have even tried my old router/modem and get the same issue.

#9 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

Try a VPN, trial version. Possible there is a problem router between your ISP and MWO servers.

#10 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Confirmed VPN fixes my crash problems. Used Cyberghost.

Without VPN;
30 total games
12 crash to mechlab

With VPN;
30 total games
0 crash to mechlab

Edited by Pando, 31 May 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#11 foxcouture

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

This is a HOT issue for many ppl. Hopefully there is a solution soon from the developer. For now I'll try the Cyberghost. Thanks for the help!

#12 veedubfreak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

A new patch, and still crashing 100% of drops. WTF.

#13 foxcouture

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostTyR, on 30 May 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

The problem I and a number of others are having is a connection issue. Check your Omicron.log file in your MWO directory and look for lines like these.
CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_ProtocolError, desc=Remote disconnected: Malformed packet (1486)

CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_ProtocolError, desc=Remote disconnected: Received an ack for a packet newer than what we've sent (received 5708, at 5707); disconnecting

If you find them then one possible solution until PGI fixes the issue is to run using a VPN, e.g., CyberGhost. Others have posted the issues is that too many UDP packets are being sent, so some routers are invoking protection that ends up causing this. If your router lets you tweak your UDP flood settings you may be able to find a threshold that will prevent your game from dropping.

I tried using the Cyberghost. It seems more reliable and may help in some ways. Overall it seems, the crashing is just random using Cyberghost or not. It was very irritating, now It's mildly irritating. ...getting really fast with the Task manager. Hopefully they fix soon. Happy Hunting

Edited by foxcouture, 05 June 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#14 foxcouture

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

In addition: Iam not the most tech savvy guy, but this is the report from windows when it crashes:
Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: MWOClient.exe
Application Version: 3.4.1.4418
Application Timestamp: 51ad22f1
Hang Signature: 6d9f
Hang Type: 6144
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 6d9f37608b34060fb9fd00c49c6c8233
Additional Hang Signature 2: c1d2
Additional Hang Signature 3: c1d214d8dfd3b2fcc862d52ceaa3fa37
Additional Hang Signature 4: 6d9f
Additional Hang Signature 5: 6d9f37608b34060fb9fd00c49c6c8233
Additional Hang Signature 6: c1d2
Additional Hang Signature 7: c1d214d8dfd3b2fcc862d52ceaa3fa37

This stuff doesnt mean anything to me, but if it does to someone else and helps solve the problem I'd be interested. Thx!

#15 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

vpn will literally triple your ping. if your like me from Australia and a good day is 250, vpn will just kill the game in a whole new way. apparently the most recent patch was suppose to address these issues but i am still crashing.

#16 queenbutterfly

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

I had the game freeze after launch ... couldn't get task manager up, had to restart the computer. This is only the second time this has happened . Usually I just get kicked back to the lab.

#17 Ravingdork

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

I have crashed four to five times now, in a row. Always at the end of a match (whether I wait to spectate or leave upon death). It puts my whole computer to an unrecoverable black screen, forcing me to restart my computer.

#18 veedubfreak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

This is my daily FIX YOUR **** post because I'm still crashing.

#19 Imzy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

First Post. I like MWO, and would like to play more, but I also crash every other game. It's a bad crash that is hard to completely recover from, like these others.

#20 sokitumi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

Constant crashes to mechlab, regular CTD's after matches end, poor hit detection, having to use a vpn because canadian servers are canadian. Would anyone deal with this crap (for months and months) if it wasn't the mechwarrior IP? Fk it took them like 7 months to solve the mystery of the disappearing hud.

Me thinks crytek wasn't a good choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users