May31St To June 4Th Trial By Fire Sale!

138 replies to this topic

#121 Soup_Bug

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

According to the original FASA books by now the clans should be atleast as far as summerset in terms of established strongholds. Maybe cut off into a 1:- system where you can make 1 year in our world count as say 3 years in the battletech world.

Because picking a 1:1 during the clan invasion means you (the devs) will be working non stop till atleast oh battle tech year 3062 before you can take a break due to war tech slowdown.

If you claim to run on a 1:1 system you might as well make good on it where it will help YOUR profits and OUR rabid desire for new content. Or switch to a point where you can.

It makes more sense then a sale a week for the mechs we have. Which seems more like a holding pen for the devs getting more money to actually finish the game, and if thats the case, RUN ANOTHER KICK STARTER, for clan crap.

But till then toss us all a 5$ dlc. some IS missions against greathouse npcs. You got so much at your hands here and you hamstring your self with a constant string of.. marginally decent sales.

I know it takes time and money to make content functional even for a beta. But you are working off an already established "system" (dont ******** us we know this is all a modification of mechwarrior 4) So you have half your work cut out for you. Dont be afraid to try atleast in the alpha concept I mean come on. Just take all the missions from mechwarrior 4, remove the clanmechs and missions . Put on your new (and awesome) redo of the original mech design concept. Presto. There you go. Rig it like the assault or conquest only its one sided. 8mechs (two lances) against how ever many npcs in the original missions. In mechwarrior 4 you only HAD 8 mechs (7 and the player) for missions anyways.

Or atleast cut the current" fake mission style crap and give us what we all came for. SOLARIS 7! WHERE IS MY DUNCAN FISHER COMMENTARY !

Edited by lupin4, 01 June 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#122 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

View Postlupin4, on 01 June 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

According to the original FASA books by now the clans should be atleast as far as summerset in terms of established strongholds. If you claim to run on a 1:1 system you might as well make good on it where it will help YOUR profits and OUR rabid desire for new content.

It makes more sense then a sale a week for the mechs we have. If "npc clans which you get clantech loot off" is in the works for the full release then just ignore me.

Well to be fair trying to maintain that kind of schedule was pretty optimistic for a beta phase of the game (even one that sells you stuff) every balance issue, bug or technical snag pushes back their schedule making it difficult at best to regularly crank out new mechs. You may have noticed a sudden halt in the "news broadcasts" we used to get on the front page that now plays host to only sale/contest broadcasts, its pretty safe to assume that we are no longer working on a 1:1 system.

#123 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

So much whining! This is a sale that no one is forced to take part in. I am sure that at some point in the future, PGI will have a sale that you will like, so just save your money for then.

#124 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostBuenaventura Durruti, on 31 May 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

so they can learn how to be easy victims ? the jager s is a still birth from the beginning, you CANT fit enough ammo for the hardpoints. sure it´s a fun mech...exactly those 2 minutes until your ammo depletes and you can try to find a calm corner to sit in and suck on your thumb :P

and the highlander...unless you plan to go for the elite skills (which i gave up completly for the next time except the cicada which is sold at a reasonable price AND actually has different versions) i dont see any reason to use it. wow, a gauss....and the rest is exactly half of a badly done stalker fitting.

nah, i stick with my cbills, grind and get grey hairs cause everyone is only rushing for 2 days so he can have a twisting holo in his mech ! and the mc stay where they are, if there wont come any GOOD sales i´ll prefer to let them rot there than signal other players "hey, buy them and use them, this is aaaaawesome!"

when i look at the stuff they "gifted" us (or whatever that is) the facts say one thing : sell rubbish as fast as possible. and if you cant sell it paint it pink and give it a name. THEN they buy it !

I paint all my Mechs pink :)

The long range desert group can't be wrong :rolleyes:

#125 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

View Postlupin4, on 01 June 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

According to the original FASA books by now the clans should be atleast as far as summerset in terms of established strongholds. Maybe cut off into a 1:- system where you can make 1 year in our world count as say 3 years in the battletech world.

Because picking a 1:1 during the clan invasion means you (the devs) will be working non stop till atleast oh battle tech year 3062 before you can take a break due to war tech slowdown.

If you claim to run on a 1:1 system you might as well make good on it where it will help YOUR profits and OUR rabid desire for new content. Or switch to a point where you can.

It makes more sense then a sale a week for the mechs we have. Which seems more like a holding pen for the devs getting more money to actually finish the game, and if thats the case, RUN ANOTHER KICK STARTER, for clan crap.

But till then toss us all a 5$ dlc. some IS missions against greathouse npcs. You got so much at your hands here and you hamstring your self with a constant string of.. marginally decent sales.

I know it takes time and money to make content functional even for a beta. But you are working off an already established "system" (dont ******** us we know this is all a modification of mechwarrior 4) So you have half your work cut out for you. Dont be afraid to try atleast in the alpha concept I mean come on. Just take all the missions from mechwarrior 4, remove the clanmechs and missions . Put on your new (and awesome) redo of the original mech design concept. Presto. There you go. Rig it like the assault or conquest only its one sided. 8mechs (two lances) against how ever many npcs in the original missions. In mechwarrior 4 you only HAD 8 mechs (7 and the player) for missions anyways.

Or atleast cut the current" fake mission style crap and give us what we all came for. SOLARIS 7! WHERE IS MY DUNCAN FISHER COMMENTARY !

The Clans are allready here !

This is an alternate fiction where the clans deside it better to go on a package tour, to New Avalon...

This time there will be no timberwolf, only straw hats, flip flops, and awfull loud short sleave shorts

#126 Kooroush Azartash

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Many of you are being so childish. PGI does not have to do any sales at all. But they do. If you do not want to buy these mechs, then do not buy. Do not sit here and complain that it is a terrible sale and such. You can just save you MC until a sale comes around that you do like. You can just move on to a different thread.. I swear some to the attitudes on these forums are completely revolting.

#127 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

Not my bag but I hope y'all make a lot of money so you can make me some more stuff.

#128 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

I was hemming and hawing about maybe buying the jagermech cause I was growing mighty bored but couldnt bring myself to use money on a mech I will quickly drop when orions hit the market. So instead I took advantage of steam having a 66% off the elder scrolls oblivion sale.

WTB Orion (no really)

#129 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostKooroush Azartash, on 02 June 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

Many of you are being so childish. PGI does not have to do any sales at all. But they do. If you do not want to buy these mechs, then do not buy. Do not sit here and complain that it is a terrible sale and such. You can just save you MC until a sale comes around that you do like. You can just move on to a different thread.. I swear some to the attitudes on these forums are completely revolting.

View PostEd Steele, on 01 June 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

So much whining! This is a sale that no one is forced to take part in. I am sure that at some point in the future, PGI will have a sale that you will like, so just save your money for then.

Indeed. I do believe a Whaaaaaambulance is needed!

#130 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostNeekoli, on 03 June 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Indeed. I do believe a Whaaaaaambulance is needed!

There will always be some unreasonable people. That said, many of us already own those three variants or as many of them as we want, so it would have been great to see something this weekend that we could purchase, too. There's nothing wrong with people who are eagerly looking for ways to spend their MC.

#131 RapidFire7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 412 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostFlukeman, on 31 May 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

why not you quickly make the MADCAT (Timber Wolf) and on sales? how's that sounds guys? I am been waiting for that!! very long enough.

Sorry if someone has already answered this, the Timber Wolf (Mad Cat) is a Clan Omni-Mech and will probably come out when PGI introduces clans. The Inner Sphere doesn't have access to a lot of Omni-Mechs at this point in time (not entirely sure though)

#132 Robber

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationColumbus, TX

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

My post actually had nothing to do with the sale itself. I have some remaining MC in my account. Other than transferring XP to GXP I won't use it for anything else. When it runs out that's it for now. Just over a month ago I could play regularly with no problems. Back to frequent crashes to login and desktop. Yes I do play other games and have not had these problems. Love the game and won't leave it, but I won't spend anymore real money to get the little pretties and such. If I can't grind it, I don't need it.

#133 Nordbruin

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

Bought the sale Highlander this morning. Got charged full MC. What's up with that? It was at least 3 hours before the sale ends!

#134 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostNordbruin, on 04 June 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

Bought the sale Highlander this morning. Got charged full MC. What's up with that? It was at least 3 hours before the sale ends!

Please submit a report to support@mwomercs.com detailing your issue.

All MC purchases are tracked, time and date stamped, and they can easily look up and provide appropriate action if warranted.

#135 D Enhanced

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hi, I just purchased the highlander 732 and the sale is still advertised, yet I paid full price for it. Is there any way to fix this?

Hi, I just purchased the highlander 732 and the sale is still advertised, yet I paid full price for it. Is there any way to fix this?

#136 SleepTrgt

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 61 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

2 months late for this sale...

#137 D Enhanced

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

Well then my next question is why is it still advertised I guess, I saw that today was the 4th and didn't really pay attention to the month, guess thats my bad for falling in to a money trap.

#138 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

View PostD Enhanced, on 03 August 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

Well then my next question is why is it still advertised I guess, I saw that today was the 4th and didn't really pay attention to the month, guess thats my bad for falling in to a money trap.

Im pretty sure 'read the wrong month' and 'didn't check prices' fall far below what constitutes as a Money Trap. -.^

#139 Druidika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

View PostD Enhanced, on 03 August 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

Where did you see it advertised? Or do you think this forum thread was the advertisement?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users