2013 June Creative Director Update

1140 replies to this topic

#1101 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

View Post19cico96, on 24 July 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

I dont care, Its hereeeee! :DDD

I care. 24 days AFTER we were supposed to get the MONTHLY update, we finally get the update telling us what's coming up in the month of July. Yeah, that's right, he'll do a recap of the past two patches for us. WHEEE!!! Big things guys, Big Things©.

Edited by 101011, 24 July 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#1102 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

it'll probably a mix of what will come in the upcoming months

#1103 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

"July creative director update: there will be no more creative director updates, they take too long to write and you guys won't shut up about the fact that we don't care about you."

#1104 kesuga7

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Wheres that twitter post at?

Edit: seems i got mixed up and thought he posted on twitter a day before that would post some info about july's update on twitter :L

Edited by kesuga7, 24 July 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#1105 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

View Postkesuga7, on 24 July 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Wheres that twitter post at?

On twitter. :(

https://twitter.com/bryanekman

#1106 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Sorry for coming into this discussion after 20 or 30 pages...

It will be posted on this site as well as twitter right? Because that's what normal, everyday, good thinking people do.

#1107 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

View Postaniviron, on 24 July 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

"July creative director update: there will be no more creative director updates, they take too long to write and you guys won't shut up about the fact that we don't care about you."

CDU: "We have decided after months of consideration, that we will be removing first person view and will exclusively use only 3PV. We decided to do this due to overwhelming feedback requesting that we do so. We will be revamping the weapons system to increase the viability of PPCs and ERPPCs by 9000%, This should only take a few days but we plan on taking anywhere from 6 months to a year to actually implement these changes.

Now on to the topic that is on everyone's mind, Community Warfare. We have decided to delay community warfare another year due to overwhelming demand for lobbies. We don't know when or how lobbies will be implemented, but I am sure it will get done sometime before the second coming of Christ.

We have canceled Clans altogether as we couldn't figure out how to balance them.

Paul has this amazing feature in the works. I'm not at liberty to talk about it just yet, but rest assured we will have a Command Post about it in the soon™ future and I guarantee it will be game breaking and cause more people to quit MWO, we aim to please!

The mech of the month will most likely be something that can boat like 9 PPCs and will have a hero version that increases the HS efficiency by like a trillion million so you will never over heat, because who doesn't love PPC spam? It will have the low cost of [REDACTED] and will be available tomorrow, with the c-bill versions being pushed back about 6 months.

See you on the fightpasture Mechanaughts!

Edited by Lonestar1771, 25 July 2013 - 06:08 AM.

#1108 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

It's because they have to talk about 3rd person.

#1109 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

I think I am the only one who is happy about todays(i hope so) CDU haha :)

#1110 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 04 June 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

Test Servers

The networking and hardware wizards are hard at work setting up this our new public testing environment. While not necessarily a new feature per se, this new server architecture will allow us to test a range of features from small tuning adjustments to large additions such as 12 v 12 and UI 2.0. This is part of our continued commitment to product quality and stability, along with involving the community in key aspects of the game’s development. The test servers will be coming online in June, and the first major test will feature 12 v 12 functionality.

Why the hell do we need test servers? This is a "beta" test environment is it not? Or are you getting your beta servers ready for your release? is this not currently what we are doing now a public test? I could have sworn that is what "Open beta" means.

#1111 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostViper69, on 25 July 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

[/size]

Why the hell do we need test servers? This is a "beta" test environment is it not? Or are you getting your beta servers ready for your release? is this not currently what we are doing now a public test? I could have sworn that is what "Open beta" means.

People have been screaming for them. Seems a good idea to have them set up and running before release.

#1112 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostViper69, on 25 July 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

[/size]

3 Good reasons off the top of my head, I can think of more easily...:

1. Preparation for launch: test servers need to be 100% functional before the game goes live.
2. Every time they tweak something by 0.0000000000000001 on the live server, half the community is qqing and flaming the devs to hell and back. Even if it was the exact change the community asked for. That`s the last thing a released game needs.
3. Proper testing of bandwidth requirements and overall network performance for 12 v 12 instead of just "giving it to us" and potentially breaking the live servers in the process.

TLDR: The test servers are for the people that still believe in open beta and want to test things, the live servers are for those that prefer to whine, instead. :)

#1113 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

View Postmechapenguin, on 24 July 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Holy crap. He just said we'll get a CDU tomorrow on twitter. Better late than never I guess.

I lol'd.

Also - one would think that when there are some big things coming (and "launch" is a big thing, right?) and big changes to do PGI should be "all hand on deck" and someone like their creative director should be, well, creating something - not taking a month off for sure. At least it was like that in every company I worked for.

#1114 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Test servers: because as soon as we started using our premium time "beta" was essentially done no matter what they say.

#1115 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostBilbo, on 25 July 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

People have been screaming for them. Seems a good idea to have them set up and running before release.

View PostZerberus, on 25 July 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

3 Good reasons off the top of my head, I can think of more easily...:

1. Preparation for launch: test servers need to be 100% functional before the game goes live.
2. Every time they tweak something by 0.0000000000000001 on the live server, half the community is qqing and flaming the devs to hell and back. Even if it was the exact change the community asked for. That`s the last thing a released game needs.
3. Proper testing of bandwidth requirements and overall network performance for 12 v 12 instead of just "giving it to us" and potentially breaking the live servers in the process.

TLDR: The test servers are for the people that still believe in open beta and want to test things, the live servers are for those that prefer to whine, instead. :)

That is pretty much why I asked if it was because they are getting these servers ready for release and they need another set of servers for beta testing once these go live.

#1116 Vincian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Let us see, if he lives up to his promise.

View PostBelorion, on 24 July 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

#1117 bechiir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

Lol. July update to tell us what already came out in july probably.

Or to say they are working on UI 2.0 still and it is coming alomg nicely and hope to have it live "SOON". Nice soft words that are relative.

Or some other stuff like. Coding on CW is going well and progress is going as anticipated.

Bitter. Na.

Just cant listen to any mor BS. Original CW was suppose to be released last summer. PGI is learning that progress is considerably slower than anticipated.

I wouldn't be surprised if we dont fight for planet control until 1st quarter of 2014.

Hope to be proven wrong. But doubt i will be wrong.

Or to say they are working on UI 2.0 still and it is coming alomg nicely and hope to have it live "SOON". Nice soft words that are relative.

Or some other stuff like. Coding on CW is going well and progress is going as anticipated.

Bitter. Na.

Just cant listen to any mor BS. Original CW was suppose to be released last summer. PGI is learning that progress is considerably slower than anticipated.

I wouldn't be surprised if we dont fight for planet control until 1st quarter of 2014.

Bitter. Na.

#1118 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

Can you let the man make the damn creator update before criticize it?

#1119 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostBlackDrakon, on 25 July 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Can you let the man make the damn creator update before criticize it?

I think a certain amount of pessimism is understandable, given previous results. One starts to see a pattern.

I wish it wasn't so. I wish I could be constantly posting about how awesome MWO is and how great PGI are and how much I love the way they interact with and engage their playerbase.

We did not create that problem. They brought it on themselves in the ways they have chosen to respond - asking for understanding while dismissing our concerns as "beta burnout" or simply ignoring them altogether. Constant miscommunications, information posted to facebook or twitter but not the forums, missed deadlines they had put forth themselves - we didn't tell them they HAD TO HAVE CW DONE BY DECEMBER 2012 - they said that themselves, and missed the mark and continue to.

They do not have to answer our questions in ATD with non-answers and congressional-level dodging.

You can say "Oh what a bunch of crybabies" or whatever but we did not cause this; they did.

And only they can fix it.

#1120 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

One last CDU before Launch, here's to tomorrow!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users