#1121 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

View PostJetfire, on 25 July 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

One last CDU before Launch, here's to tomorrow!

?

#1122 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostBlackDrakon, on 25 July 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Can you let the man make the damn creator update before criticize it?

It depends whether you feel it is 3 weeks late or 1 week early (from August).

#1123 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

When I tell my clients, "I'll have that for you tomorrow," then I better damn sure have it in their in box, on their desks, or posted at 8:00a.m. sharp, their time.

Apparently, the Eckman approach--the lackadaisical one--is a luxury in the "F2P" world best enjoyed during a trip to Vegas. <sneer>

Edited by Hellen Wheels, 25 July 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#1124 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 25 July 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

When I tell my clients, "I'll have that for you tomorrow," then I better damn sure have it in their in box, on their desks, or posted at 8:00a.m. sharp, their time.

Apparently, the Eckman approach--the lackadaisical one--is a luxury in the "F2P" world best enjoyed during a trip to Vegas. <sneer>

Mr. Eckman, your trips to Vegas would be much better if you had more of our money.

We will give you more of our money... when you give us the game you sold us last year.

You have, by right of "owning" the Mechwarrior Franchise for PC gaming, a freaking license to print money if you do it right.

#1125 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

#1126 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

So, seeing there will be a Creative Update coming today, this thread should now be reserved for discussing the June Creative Director's Update.

The Next Creative Update Thread will be a good place to discuss the next creative update. If you want to continue posting in this thread, just be aware that the discussion will swiftly transfer to the next update as it rolls out. Try not to make this thread a home for anything other than discussion of the June Update.

If you want to discuss the lack of a July Update, then there is a pre-existing thread specifically for that purpose here.

#1127 Sir Roland MXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostAesthir, on 19 July 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

If they start releasing more CDU's, people might get very upset when the game at launch looks EXACTLY LIKE IT DOES NOW. There's not going to be any community warfare beyond a reputation grind system. The game is just going to be more of the same: 1 game mode (sorry devs, Assault isn't a game mode, it's the absence of a game mode) and a new map released every few months in an attempt to lure people back to their latest sale, the sales having replaced the traditional notion of patches.The game should be renamed "Mechwarrior PvP Skirmish".

When September 17 rolls around, the big reveal for the launch is going to be the UI 2.0. A slick, shiny graphical overlay that may make some things a bit easier, but isn't anything more than a new coat of paint.

What do you mean "might"? That sums up everything we've been saying for the entire span of Open Beta, and a lot of concerns from Closed as well. Face it, people, the game we had this time last year is what we'll have at release, only with more mechs, a few more maps, the ability to paint and reskin our mechs, and some additional equipment in the form of ECM, Narc, BAP, and modules traded for a lack of knockdown and performance that was better in closed than it is now thanks to ten months of PGI performance "improvements".

Which sounds great on paper... until you realize that nothing about the game at its core has changed at all in a year. Fact is, this game has three of it's four pillars and no Clan Invasion when they are currently stomping the IS right now in the timeline, making this game into a three wheeled sedan with no engine, and come release day Ekamn, Bullock and Inouye are going to push this b**** over a cliff and claim MISSION ACCOMPLISHED when it hits 100 kph thanks to gravity.

EDIT - Oh right I forgot Conquest, the game mode that I don't hardly play at all. <spins a finger in the air> Whoop-tee-doo, that still doesn't change anything, it's no Clan invasion or CW so who cares.

Edited by Sir Roland MXIII, 25 July 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#1128 Philadelphia Collins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCookin some dirty burgers

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 July 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

So, seeing there will be a Creative Update coming today, this thread should now be reserved for discussing the June Creative Director's Update.

The Next Creative Update Thread will be a good place to discuss the next creative update. If you want to continue posting in this thread, just be aware that the discussion will swiftly transfer to the next update as it rolls out. Try not to make this thread a home for anything other than discussion of the June Update.

If you want to discuss the lack of a July Update, then there is a pre-existing thread specifically for that purpose here.

but it seems we got your attention here and that was the point wasn't it?

#1129 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostPhiladelphia Collins, on 25 July 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Why were you trying to get Prosperity Park's attention? He is a player just like us.

#1130 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostPhiladelphia Collins, on 25 July 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Oh, you got my attention... knowwhatImean?

Posted Image

Actually, I had poked the Staff about this weeks ago, and others had generated that thread in the Forum/Website Feedback section after reading some of my comments about the presence/absence of a July Update. I had nothing to do with Bryan's announcement yesterday over twitter that there would be a CDU today on the Website... but I am glad that you like having my attention. It makes me feel wanted. :)

#1131 Philadelphia Collins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

oooh wee baby

#1132 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 July 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Oh, you got my attention... knowwhatImean?

Posted Image

Actually, I had poked the Staff about this weeks ago, and others had generated that thread in the Forum/Website Feedback section after reading some of my comments about the presence/absence of a July Update. I had nothing to do with Bryan's announcement yesterday over twitter that there would be a CDU today on the Website... but I am glad that you like having my attention. It makes me feel wanted. :)

Why the Frag does he put it on Twitter. The info should be presented here.

#1133 Philadelphia Collins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostBelorion, on 25 July 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

Why were you trying to get Prosperity Park's attention? He is a player just like us.

the point was to get anyone's attention in a thread that is not likely to be deleted.

#1134 AA Yeti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNaperville, IL

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

Where is this shizzle????

#1135 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostAA Yeti, on 25 July 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Where is this shizzle????

My thoughts exactly

Mah dizzle

#1136 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

Waiting for Sarah's Jenner to hit 50K.

#1137 dak irakoz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 25 July 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

[DELETED CONTENT]

100% is going to charity and the Charity is a very reputable one.

Edited by Destined, 25 July 2013 - 01:02 PM.
Quote Clean Up

#1138 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

View Postdak irakoz, on 25 July 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

100% is going to charity and the Charity is a very reputable one.

From the FAQ (I think), 96% gets to the charity. The fees the payment processing companies charge comes out before PGI gets the funds. PGI listed the fees being about 4%, depending on payment service (credit card vs PayPal). But, after that, PGI hands 100% of the rest over to the charity.

#1139 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

SO July became summer which I take to mean July/Aug update. No more until launch.

#1140 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostKraven Kor, on 25 July 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

I think a certain amount of pessimism is understandable, given previous results. One starts to see a pattern.

I wish it wasn't so. I wish I could be constantly posting about how awesome MWO is and how great PGI are and how much I love the way they interact with and engage their playerbase.

We did not create that problem. They brought it on themselves in the ways they have chosen to respond - asking for understanding while dismissing our concerns as "beta burnout" or simply ignoring them altogether. Constant miscommunications, information posted to facebook or twitter but not the forums, missed deadlines they had put forth themselves - we didn't tell them they HAD TO HAVE CW DONE BY DECEMBER 2012 - they said that themselves, and missed the mark and continue to.

They do not have to answer our questions in ATD with non-answers and congressional-level dodging.

You can say "Oh what a bunch of crybabies" or whatever but we did not cause this; they did.

And only they can fix it.

Hey there is some good that comes out of this at least. When I talk with my friends on mumble, they are always complaining about the game developers of their chosen games (Mostly Unknown Worlds/Natural Selection 2 and Digital Extremes/Warframe) and how bad they are; I just link them to the mwo forums and explain some of the problems we've gone through, and suddenly they have newfound appreciation for just how relatively competently the other devs have been handling their post-release processes.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users