Do You Like The New Jj Screenshake?

84 replies to this topic

Poll: Do You Like The New Jj Screenshake? (342 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshake?

1. Yes (249 votes [72.81%])

Percentage of vote: 72.81%

2. No (93 votes [27.19%])

Percentage of vote: 27.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Yes (jumpjet user)

I have no problem with there being a screen shake.

#82 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostFierostetz, on 07 June 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

It's absolutely horrible when you die while jump jetting... the screen shake persists through spectating. I think really, how I use JJ (on a spider) I tend to shoot on the way down anyways; shooting on the way up is akin to waving a flag to get their attention. I shoot at the last moment before I dip behind cover, hit the ground, and usually run at a 45 degree angle from the direction I was jumping in.

the shake does go away after a while, BUT that is a bug that needs to be fixed.

i use jump jets to cushion my falls as much as i use them to jump into the air. i fire my weapons plenty while i am using my jump jets and it is far from impossible to hit targets.

View PostEsplodin, on 07 June 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

RNG for firing is all about SKILL. WTF?

The problem was never JJ, but high alpha hits to one section at distance.

i like this little touch of realism added to the game. i do agree with some that the reticle on screen should properly reflect your actual aim (or the aim penalties should be adjusted to reflect it <-this is probably closer to what i want, i think the shake effects on the weapons are a little weak ATM), and the VISUAL screen shake effect should go because of motion sickness issues. ALL aiming penalties for sending your mech hurtling through the air should stay for ALL mechs.

would you like all of the knock effects for weapons to go too? those are also random shake effects that need to be adjusted for.

Edited by blinkin, 07 June 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#83 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostEsplodin, on 07 June 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

RNG for firing is all about SKILL. WTF?

The problem was never JJ, but high alpha hits to one section at distance.

True skill is manipulating the situation to your advantage and capitalizing on opportunities. The JJ shake just made the game harder by not letting players get that alpha easily ffrom 10 meters in the air with clear sighting. Mousing over some and clicking the button is no indication of skill.

#84 Esplodin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 494 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 07 June 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

True skill is manipulating the situation to your advantage and capitalizing on opportunities.

You can't skill your way out of RNG. RANDOM. Look it up.

Besides, the real problem has always been 45+ alphas to one section. Doesn't mater if it is coming from an airborne aggressor, or a terrestrial one. Fix that and you fix a lot more that is wrong with this game than pop-tarting.

Welcome to "ridge humpers online, the next meta". Advantage just slides a bit from JJ to high weapon profiles, because the root of the problem was not solved with this change.

Edited by Esplodin, 07 June 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#85 skullman86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Yes and no (voted no)

I don't have a problem with the addition of shaking, but I think they went a little overboard with it. Of course, as bad as poptarting was, I cant really blame them for overdoing it...they wanted to fix the problem with one update and they did.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users