• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostDamocles69, on 04 June 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

disregard disgruntled poptarts. its prefect thank you so much

HERE HERE!

Maybe limit it a tiny amount for lights, but other than that, amazing.

Except now all mechs need JJs, to help them traverse the raging torrents of tart tears coursing through the battlefields. Delicious, tasty tart tears.

#22 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

s aite

#23 sgt scout

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Remove the screen shake completly, if the reticle moves and the direction of spread is random, why is it needed ? It doesnt make sence. But by no means bring back poptarting, if those that still want to poptart miss a great mejority of their shots due to having no control over where there shots go, youve done your jobs and would have greatly decreased the popularity of the build.

#24 Columbo

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 33 posts

Jenner is my fav mech. I hate this shaky-cam-running-from-Blair-witch mess. Not as bad as I hate ecm, but I hate it. Hate.

#25 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

I thought I was not prone to motion sickness until I played today and tried the JJs. I'm not vomiting but I am actually nauseous with a mild headache. This is ridiculous.

On a technical note, I could understand that you would get the shake with only one JJ but if you had more than one they should stabilize the flight.

Edited by AntharPrime, 04 June 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#26 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostColumbo, on 04 June 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Jenner is my fav mech. I hate this shaky-cam-running-from-Blair-witch mess. Not as bad as I hate ecm, but I hate it. Hate.

That is a good example.

A large percentage of the population watched Blair Witch without issue ( and apparently missing what a **** movie it was... but thats for another thread... ). On the other hand, the film effect also made a LOT of people sick. I personally wasn't affected ( by the motion blur... the shitness of the film got to me ), but a friend I was with had to leave the theatre. I know a handful of other people ( in RL ) that reacted the same way to the film.

Unlike the lovely community here in this forums, people didn't call BS on the people the movie effected.

Enough people were obviously effected by this change that calling them all liars is obviously not the right course of action, is it?

Edited by Serapth, 04 June 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#27 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Paul,

Just because some people, who can't figure out that maneuver(a crazy nonsense word of course) can beat "pop-tart"s, love this change, does not mean that it's "balanced" per your praise/complain metric.

Please remove it.

Thanks.

Oh, and while you're at it, please remove the arm-lock, which is one of the contributing factors to pop-tarting.

Edited by Kunae, 04 June 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#28 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostKunae, on 04 June 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Paul,

Just because some people, who can't figure out that maneuver(a crazy nonsense word of course) can beat "pop-tart"s, love this change, does not mean that it's "balanced" per your praise/complain metric.

Please remove it.

Thanks.

It isn't even a matter of if poptarting was a problem that needed fixing... the fact the way they changed it is leading to motion sickness in a number of their players should be reason enough to fix it. Tonight frankly. Also reason enough to apparently increase the size of their QA department.

But that has been obvious for a very very very long time. If PGI had a beta (real beta, not MWO beta ) server like almost every other MMO, this problem would have never made it through.

#29 Vaan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Why should we not nerf light mechs? We don't want to see a light mech with 2 erppc pop tarting or flying then fire around in the mid air as if they are playing gundam warrior online game.. Got motion sickness? Then don't jump too HIGH?? Lights mechs for scouting, harassment or bait.. Not for pop tarting or flying around in the air..

Edited by Vaan, 04 June 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#30 Malsumis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

I would like to have cross-hair shake added to mechs that are in motion. The cross-hairs should shake with ALL movement for this absurd addition to this game. If lights can circle around going over terrain and have ZERO shake with their cross-hairs than JJ's are getting the raw end of the deal. All mechs should suffer some amount of shake while traveling to make this equal across the board. The faster your mech moves, the more shake the cross-hairs should have on every step. If this addition was for "REALISM" then on every step of a 100 ton walking machine would have some sort of shake. I'm by no means an exclusive jump sniper, but this just feels like a "fix" that was done to cater to a select bunch of "squeaky wheels". So if "REALISM" is what you are shooting for, than I say add hud shake AND cross-hair shake on EVERY STEP taken by a mech and scale the amount of shake based on speed.

This is the SECOND MAJOR "FIX" that has directly impacted snipers. The first was heat vision change, which again felt as though it was done to cater to "squeaky wheels".

#31 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostVaan, on 04 June 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Why should we not nerf light mechs? We don't want to see a light mech with 2 erppc pop tarting or flying then fire around in the mid air as if they are playing gundam warrior online game.. Got motion sickness? Then don't jump too HIGH??

Lovely bit of nonsense there.

Any light who runs 2ERPPC is meat for any other light, without a stupid build.

#32 Aggressor666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 158 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

wow.... what a horrid "mechanic" to supposedly balance poptarting ( I've never had an issue with the tactic btw)
but now you've made jenners and especially the spider worthless, I mean the entire POINT a the spider it to jump super high at high speed while shooting your enemy ..... now its just a flying target.

#33 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostSerapth, on 04 June 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

It isn't even a matter of if poptarting was a problem that needed fixing... the fact the way they changed it is leading to motion sickness in a number of their players should be reason enough to fix it. Tonight frankly.

I agree, but this was their "fix" for poptarting. Unfortunately they used a broadsword to perform an appendectomy.

#34 Wildice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 763 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

There is a Russian proverb "Seven times measure, cut once."
You already 2 times buff LRM, and after 2 days nerf them.
Shaking the screen causes a gag reflex, and nothing more. With jump jets was disgusted to play, not because of the accuracy, but because the screen shaking affects the brain Player.
You only have to add color effects, both when shooting 2-6 PPC, like LCD, to finally finish off the players.
The proverb says, "If you spit on society - it will wipe if society would spit at you - you'll drown." Stop to experiment on the players.

Edited by Wildice, 04 June 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#35 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostAggressor666, on 04 June 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

wow.... what a horrid "mechanic" to supposedly balance poptarting ( I've never had an issue with the tactic btw)
but now you've made jenners and especially the spider worthless, I mean the entire POINT a the spider it to jump super high at high speed while shooting your enemy ..... now its just a flying target.

Two (three?) of the newly released Blackjack's just became pretty much useless too, as the 1x is now the only one with any point. Without jumpjets, the other BJs are now just slow undergunned pieces of crap. Considering you give up what... 25km/h from your top speed just for JJ's, thats a pretty freaking terrible trade off. I really wish i'd mastered these mechs before this patch dropped, as thats the ones I was working on.

View PostKunae, on 04 June 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

I agree, but this was their "fix" for poptarting. Unfortunately they used a broadsword to perform an appendectomy.

Oh I agree completely. Remember, ECM was their "fix" for streaks... look how well they did that.

#36 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

Cockpit shake needs to almost entirely go away and should settle down really fast. Reticle shake and divergence are more than enough to nerf jump sniping.

#37 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostKunae, on 04 June 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

They must have hired the doctor that did mine. :angry:

On topic:
While I'm not, personally, affected by the screen shake, I do think it's set at a level that's just silly, and sympathize with those affected.

As far as affecting aim goes, reticle shake is fine, but please remove randomness. By all means, increase frequency, and even randomness, of reticle shake, to keep the difficulty high, but leave skill as a factor.

#38 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

View PostSerapth, on 04 June 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Oh I agree completely. Remember, ECM was their "fix" for streaks... look how well they did that.

Heheh... shall I count the ways? :angry:

Step 1: Remove collisions right before "open beta" starts.
Step 2: People start to play Jenners, a lot, because they don't have to worry about dieing due to face-planting into an atlas.
Step 3: Uproar against Jenners by some of the community because of all the noobs playing them.
Step 4: PGI uber-buffs streaks, to counter Jenners... the Streak-cat attains dominance.
Step 5: ECM put in, to nerf streak-cats, primarily. At the 11th hour, Jenners are refused an ECM variant, due to the community angst, caused by PGI's removal of collision. Also, JJ's are nerfed at this time. Not only requiring a full set, but also having their performance cut by at least 35%.
Step 6: Raven-3L's become the dominant light, due to the combination of ECM, 3ML and 2 Streaks.

Etc, etc, etc.

One over-reaction after another... this is just the latest example. I do hope that they will remove it.

Edited by Kunae, 04 June 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#39 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Jumpjet changes didn't even solve the poptarting problem - it just made it so that people who who get motion sick easily can't do it anymore.

Needs - less shake on the way up, some shake on the way down (your 90 ton mech didn't turn into an aerodynamic super stable mid air firing platfrom just because you let off the gas). Maybe make the shake less 'violent'. Keep everything else as is.

#40 Aggressor666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 158 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

same could be said for the trebuchet as well BUT at least you can use it without JJ a spider without JJ is a crappy comando

and on a more general note why are so many people crying about poptarts? are you all mouth breathing open field charging moviestar wannabes?
the "shake" should be used for PPC hits imo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users