Battlemech: Quickdraw

426 replies to this topic

#421 TB Azrael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostOutlaw, on 17 June 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

No ECM makes Outlaw a sad panda

Honestly PGI if you are going to make a bunch of non-canon variations on a single variant of the Highlander you could have at least created a variation of the canon variants of the Quickdraw.

Well considering that variant is in Tech Readout 3085 not 3050 you may have a wait, but hey people always want more ECM skill-lack crutch.

#422 Rex Zero

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

The quickdraw QKD - 4H has a flaw. The mech supports a 10 tube missile laucher in the left torso. This should allow for the deployment of a SRM 6 and SRM 4 without trouble. When these weapons are mounted a new missile pod appears attached to the left side torso. They do not fire with all 10 missiles in unison. The 'Mech fires 9 missiles and then 1 missile. Where is this side laucher coming from? Why can my mech not fire all 10 missiles out of a 10 missile tube? Please fix this.

(Okay I mounted the SRM 6 first and this seemed to fix the problem. But the unsightly side missle pod is still there and it lowers the visual appeal of my mech, would still like a fix.)

Here is an image of the atrocity. Mounting the SRM 6 first looked like it would solve the problem but it didn't.

Posted Image

Edited by Rex Zero, 19 June 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#423 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostTB Azrael, on 18 June 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

Well considering that variant is in Tech Readout 3085 not 3050 you may have a wait, but hey people always want more ECM skill-lack crutch.

Actually the reason I was wanting it is not as a skill crutch. I spend most of my time running 4 and 8 mans with my group (go figure some one who is a team player and not some kill whoring individual) and would like to have a heavy weight unit with the ability to keep up with the rest of the force that my team tends to favor (usually moderately fast heavy Mechs) and provide an ECM umbrella over my teammates that isnt going to be one shotted by a single PPC Stalker boat.

I never made any mention of an individual variant, however im sure that while not detailed in any of the TROs some units that run the Quickdraw had more than likely modified it to carry ECM and BAP for use as a Force-Recon/Heavy Scout as the mobility of the design was well suited to that kind of role.

Edited by Outlaw, 19 June 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#424 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

#425 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostNoesis, on 19 June 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Interesting... though, I must confess that my first thought when playing it (from the meme thread) was, "it would have been moreso were it set to actual Quickstep music rather than a messy mishmash of multiple Daft Punk songs". :)

Edited by Strum Wealh, 19 June 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#426 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

After all this time, you still think ECM is a problem?

#427 Op4blushift

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

Sure as hell didn't stop them from magically adding ECM to the Atlas DDC,Commando 2D,Cicada 3M and the Spider 5D so no point using that argument. And plus, ECM is nowhere near the problem it used to be since BAP basically completely negates it now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users