426 replies to this topic

#401 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

It has no ECM cause its not a command Mech (like said Atlas) or a scout.
Actually, it was a "so so"..Mech in lore.

Btw did they take Commando movement animations..it seems to have the same weird arm pose.

Edited by John McFianna, 18 June 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#402 dak irakoz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

I think it looks better in motion.

#403 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:46 AM

View Postarmyof1, on 18 June 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

A JJ Heavy that can go close to 100kph, which would make arm weapons essential to keep up with all the movement this mech can do, get a massive 2 hardpoints in the arms. Everything else is in the torso, which will severely decrease your possibilities to firing while moving at full speed and jumping around. Just terrible.

At least it's not like SDR-5V.

View PostJohn McFianna, on 18 June 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

It has no ECM cause its not a command Mech (like said Atlas) or a scout.

Too strict for a "role warfare" IMO. There's ECM-carrying Jihad-era version of QDR - they could have transferred ECM hardpoint from it to any today-available variant like it was done with DDC Atlas.

#404 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

Really hoping to see if its twist and arm arcs are going to be as good as a dragons.

#405 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

so....when is the patch??

#406 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

Patch should be ready in 4 to 5 hours. It's 8 am over here on the Pacific

#407 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostRubidiy, on 14 June 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

My point is, that lately PGI releases 'mechs that are being frowned upon before release, but when studied properly in battle, prove to be pretty useful in their own way. No one expected, that Highlanders (although they had jumpjets) would be so abused for several mounths in a row. No one thought that Blackjack can be any good, and turned out that it's much more capable 'mech than centurion, let alone hunchy.

Umm... That's not true..

We knew Highlanders would be good - it exceeded our expectations.

The Blackjack isn't good - Centurions and Hunchbacks and Trebuchets and the Cicada 3M are better -- it's more that mediums are in a bad position.

But you're right to wait and see,.... it's got jumpjets!

#408 Thuzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

View PostEmperorMyrf, on 18 June 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Really hoping to see if its twist and arm arcs are going to be as good as a dragons.

This.

That's the same problem that I had with the Trebuchet, and I was really looking forward to that mech when it came out. But because of the limited arm and torso movement, the thing is next to impossible to use as a fast striker. Well, that and its insanely huge hitboxes. I swear that thing is the broad side of a barn with legs.

#409 Empyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostMavRCK, on 18 June 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

The Blackjack isn't good - Centurions and Hunchbacks and Trebuchets and the Cicada 3M are better -- it's more that mediums are in a bad position.

Blackjack is an excellent mech if you know how to use it. It is a firesupport mech, for anything else it is a tad weak.
Now Awesome is just plain bad mech...

#410 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostEmpyrus, on 18 June 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

Blackjack is an excellent mech if you know how to use it. It is a firesupport mech, for anything else it is a tad weak.

It's a great mech for LOW elo levels...not for competitive play.

#411 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

View PostPando, on 18 June 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

It's a great mech for LOW elo levels...not for competitive play.

This. The BJ is just not heavy and well rounded enough to use competitively. A fast treb does a better job overall.

#412 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 18 June 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

This. The BJ is just not heavy and well rounded enough to use competitively. A fast treb does a better job overall.

I agree. Blackjack is fun, has it's uses, and currently makes a great ppc sniper, but compared to a treb or even a hunchie it's pretty outclassed really.

#413 Hugh Fairgrove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostMavRCK, on 18 June 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

Umm... That's not true..

We knew Highlanders would be good - it exceeded our expectations.

But you're right to wait and see,.... it's got jumpjets!

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 18 June 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 18 June 2013 - 07:56 AM, said:

I agree. Blackjack is fun, has it's uses, and currently makes a great ppc sniper, but compared to a treb or even a hunchie it's pretty outclassed really.

I will put forth any effort to make you guys believe this mech is worth it. Its competive within its weight class. I frequently take down mediums and heavys without much effort. Assaults are a different story, do able but you need some backup.

I have a 2.4 K/D with my Blackjack 1DC and have played over 100 matches with it so far I think, give or take a dozen, but def over 100. People are usually suprised with me at the end of a match because I'm averaging around 400-600 damage with usually a couple kills and a crap load of assists. I think I have a solid 1.15 with over 250 matches with my Founders Hunchie mainly because I used that as my starter mech to get back into the flow of this game and mechwarrior when I got my new pc. Mediums are underrated, you just have to know how to play them. Though I will agree with others on other threads that there should be an over abundance of mediums instead of heavys and assaults. Hopefully PGI does something to bring meds back to the forefront.

I've always been a medium/heavy mech guy, even since MW3, but that Victor is looking pretty nice right now. I might give the Quick a run just to see how it feels as well.

Edited by Hugh Fairgrove, 18 June 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#414 Dom Cobb

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNorthern Canadian wilderness

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

Anyone else noticed that the first two variants of the mech are identical, not just in appearance but also in statistics?
PGI said they wanted to introduce a mech with a better meta-game than the orion first...
There can be no reason for two variants to be identical, but the Quickdraw is a special exception.
I'm thinking they might be introducing rear-facing weapons.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Quickdraw

#415 N0Clip

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

View PostDom Cobb, on 18 June 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

Anyone else noticed that the first two variants of the mech are identical, not just in appearance but also in statistics?
PGI said they wanted to introduce a mech with a better meta-game than the orion first...
There can be no reason for two variants to be identical, but the Quickdraw is a special exception.

No rear facing weapons, the variants are just nearly identical (only a couple jumpjets and a missile hardpoint make up the difference)

#416 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Though, the QKD-4G only has four Medium Lasers - one in each arm and two in the RT, with the LRM-10 in the LT and the SRM-4 in the CT.

The QKD-4G's BT record sheet shows that both of the MLas mounted in the RT are rear-facing, while the PGI rendition has them facing forward (as has been done for every other case of rear-facing weapons on an implemented 'Mech).

Likewise, the QKD-4H's BT record sheet shoes that the CT-mounted SRM'4 is rear-facing, while the PGI rendition has it facing forward.

So, the two will start with identical set-ups, and will be differentiated through customization (JJ hardpoint inflation vs weapon hardpoint inflation).

#417 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostThuzel, on 18 June 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

That's the same problem that I had with the Trebuchet, and I was really looking forward to that mech when it came out. But because of the limited arm and torso movement, the thing is next to impossible to use as a fast striker. Well, that and its insanely huge hitboxes. I swear that thing is the broad side of a barn with legs.

Same here, I sold them after buying and kitting out 3 of them. I feel like large arcs are underrated, and it's the main reason I love my hunchbacks and dragons (and hate stalkers).

From the patch notes, the 4H and 5K have a horizontal arm twist of 60o and torso twist of 180o, and the 4G model has 70o arms and 200o torso. Arms could be better, but it's still pretty good. More notable on this is its vertical arc which is actually pretty decent for a mech with lower actuators, with a total (arms+torso) of 110o for the 4H and 5K, and 130o for the 4G. Going to make JJ strafing more comfortable.

Glad to see that they gave the 4G several maneuverability advantages over the 4H to compensate for that lost hardpoint. Not so bummed about it anymore.

#418 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostEmpyrus, on 18 June 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

For me its completely the opposite. I Love my Awesome 9M and the others weren't all bad.

On the other hand I hand the Blackjack was such a chore to play that I ended up selling it. Its been the only mech that I really couldn't stand playing. Medium mechs are my favorite and I really should have gone with the Centurion instead.

#419 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

So, the energy hardpoints show PPC barrels in the chest, when installed.

Can't wait to see the 5Ks with a PPC in the right and left torsos, if you catch my meaning.

#420 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

The 4G only has 1 missile hardpoint in the LT. The 4H has 2.

So the QKD-4H can replace the LRM10 with a SRM6 and a SRM4, while the 4G is stuck with only one launcher in that location.

Also apparently the 4G has a bonus arm movement quirk

Edited by DirePhoenix, 18 June 2013 - 11:46 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users