#361 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

View Post0okami, on 13 June 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

Plus I find it amusing how the modellers go from the above pic of a dragon, having a high placed balistic slot, and into the current dragon having an arm that places the gun at its hips.
Me = MINDBLOWN

View PostAdridos, on 13 June 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Intentionally redrawn orthos, actually.

The original Dragon release looked like this:
Posted Image

However, people soon pointed out the fact that this, while perfectly based on the TRO art, is wrong when compared to Dragon's actual stats and loadout.

This would be a fine model for a variant of the Dragon that was missing a lower right arm actuator.

Actually, this is how I think the Yen Lo Wang's arm should have been modeled. Or that Highlander that's missing an actuator.

#362 The Sleepy Weasel

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts
  • LocationOn your 6, charging weapons.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostAdridos, on 13 June 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

Did that Dragon just poop fire?

#363 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostThe Sleepy Weasel, on 13 June 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Did that Dragon just poop fire?

Yes, and there's a hidden Orion in that picture too.

#364 Ordate

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hmm, 81 base speed, jumpjets, looks like moving arms. Tickle me intrigued.

#365 Tharkan Stuermer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostScav3ng3r, on 05 June 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

More like you raided one of our border worlds and stole it!

Or they just bought it from the Dracs :)
Luthien Armor Works produces the QKG, too.

#366 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:02 AM

View PostGizmoGecko, on 13 June 2013 - 07:16 AM, said:

Could have a faster and more armoured HBK-4SP, with jumps and extra weapons! (I prefer the 4J myself with the extra laser). I'm surprised this doesn't seem popular!

Might be worth a try when the devs will finally realise SRMs need at least 2.0 damage, in their current 1.5 state lasers are more useful.

Edited by armyof1, 14 June 2013 - 01:02 AM.

#367 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

Let's be fair. Dragon can't stand a chance in some serious battle unless it's being completely ignored. I know, that there's a pack of really good Dragon pilots out there, but that means nothing. Any cheesy 'mech can be good in right hands.
My point is, that lately PGI releases 'mechs that are being frowned upon before release, but when studied properly in battle, prove to be pretty useful in their own way. No one expected, that Highlanders (although they had jumpjets) would be so abused for several mounths in a row. No one thought that Blackjack can be any good, and turned out that it's much more capable 'mech than centurion, let alone hunchy.
Anyway, I'll decide whether or not should I buy and pump Quickdraw up, only when I see it's full ingame specifications.

#368 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Quickdraw its been posted before I know but its there again.

Shes gonna be a good mech, but just don't get hit lol.

Interesting that, yet again, PGI is releasing a mech that is supposed to have rear firing weapons, but instead is just putting them on the front (other mech is the Atlas with a rear firing medium).

Still wishing for Mauler

Edited by SirLANsalot, 14 June 2013 - 02:06 AM.

#369 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:54 AM

Not interested in the QD it wil be a rare on the battlefield as Blackjacks are now, lucky if I see 2 in 10 matches, all I wanna know is wheres my Orion :)

#370 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

View PostSirLANsalot, on 14 June 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

Interesting that, yet again, PGI is releasing a mech that is supposed to have rear firing weapons, but instead is just putting them on the front (other mech is the Atlas with a rear firing medium).

Uhm... it's hardly interesting when you consider how many mechs have already done this: Atlas, Dragon, Centurion, Cataphract.... just off teh top of my head.

#371 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

If we're lucky itll be as small as the spider. Ya know that mech that if 15 tons lighter than a cent and twice as small yet a cent is 30 tons lighter than a awesome but looks it in the eye. Hmmm.

#372 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 13 June 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

This would be a fine model for a variant of the Dragon that was missing a lower right arm actuator.

Actually, this is how I think the Yen Lo Wang's arm should have been modeled. Or that Highlander that's missing an actuator.

I am well aware that was the release pic of the dragon - and again that raises my question, who was the person who made a brainfart and added an arm :b

#373 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Looks like you could probably make a "SuperGriffin" build out of the Quickdraw. The antennae even look a little reminiscent of the original Griffin's antennae:

Posted Image
Quickdraw in-game screen

Posted Image
original Griffin

Posted Image
SuperGriffin

#374 Cubivorre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

Original griffin for life.

#375 J4ckInthebox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationBritanny, France

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

Eh, they all start to look the same...how many artists are working on the 'mech artworks? A bit of fresh air would be nice.

#376 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

yeah that is great, another 60 ton mech, to sit at the low end of the heavy spectrum with the dragons... what about that bad *** 75 ton mech, that would have been all impressive and stuff with a wider variety of weapons? This smells as lame as the variety of Blackjack builds.

#377 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostJ4ckInthebox, on 15 June 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

Eh, they all start to look the same...how many artists are working on the 'mech artworks? A bit of fresh air would be nice.

I think its just one guy doing the art, and like two guys and a chimpanzee doing the actual in game models. Its hard for a artist to put their own twist on a old mech while at the same time trying to make it look specific to the MWO game. For me the variation in mounted weapons being visually represented is pretty important, if I slap PPcs on a quickdraw I want to see barrels jutting out from the wrist and such, one of the things I love about the blackjack is it uses such detailed models more heavily then the earlier mechs (UAC5 looks fantastic, LBX10 is neat and mounting ppcs, flamers or lasers all have different looks, thats the sort of detail that really makes a game for me.)

#378 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostNecroconvict, on 15 June 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

yeah that is great, another 60 ton mech, to sit at the low end of the heavy spectrum with the dragons... what about that bad *** 75 ton mech, that would have been all impressive and stuff with a wider variety of weapons? This smells as lame as the variety of Blackjack builds.

They have stated it is to change the meta :
http://mwomercs.com/...40#entry2453081

View PostBryan Ekman, on 14 June 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

`Mech's and Mechbay
MrTarget: Why ditch the Orion from June's update?
A: We wanted to offer a mech with a slightly different meta game.

#379 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

View Post0okami, on 15 June 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

They have stated it is to change the meta :
http://mwomercs.com/...40#entry2453081

He should tell the artist that this is the excuse they are using, his ortho excuse apparently is not testing well. These folks apparently work very closely and read the forums carefully. At least you would think their "community manager" might sort this out. Which would probably mean deleting the artists story so we only have one fake excuse. I'm still betting on 2 week early sale of Orion hero as real excuse.

#380 Parduke

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationIredell, TX

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

I'm just bummed about the complete lack of variability in this chassis. Sarna link: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Quickdraw With the announced variants as the 4G, 4H and 5K and the lack of rear firing weapons in game the 4G and 4H are identical while the 5K just loses a missile slot to gain 2 energy and throws in DHS and Ferro-fibrous to cost more. Sure I'll be putting in DHS anyhow but then I'll have to pay extra to remove Ferro and replace with Endo (better weight to crit slot savings) Not saying I'm not gonna play it, just whish that they had taken some creative licensing to introduce some more variation (ie a ballistic slot)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users