How To Be A Better Pilot. Use A Joystick! (No Joke!)

63 replies to this topic

#61 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

My Force Feedback 2 is molded for right hand use, but I've found that it's still quite comfortable for off-hand use. You just need to adjust your grip some.

#62 TheMightySpin

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 75 posts
  • LocationYour moms house

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:17 PM

So I used to play some of the old MechWarrior and MechAssault games (last I played was the one for x-box, most disappointing) and have been wanting to try my old lefty stick set-up I used on PC for MW2 & 3. My old set-up (really old) was a lefty Sidewinder joystick with right handed mouse. The joystick had a throttle which I got pretty handy with, X and Y axis were used for torso and the yaw (twist) for turning (a little tough on the wrist, but very smooth). Mouse was used for aiming arms, right click for acceleration and left for reverse (set throttle where you want and use the mouse for fine tuning). I would like to get this set-up, or one similar, for this game. My rig and stick are brand new, full functions. Any suggestions?

Edited by TheMightySpin, 08 December 2016 - 09:20 PM.

#63 Yarumai

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:03 AM

I Also have that combo. Only my mouse is on the left and the joystick in the right. Means i can use an ergonomic Joystick but the mouse has to be either made lefthand or neutral. It's a wonderful setup to play.

Edited by Yarumai, 09 December 2016 - 07:03 AM.

#64 TheMightySpin

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 75 posts
  • LocationYour moms house

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:51 AM

View PostYarumai, on 09 December 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

I Also have that combo. Only my mouse is on the left and the joystick in the right. Means i can use an ergonomic Joystick but the mouse has to be either made lefthand or neutral. It's a wonderful setup to play.

I was left handed before I went to Catholic school (they kinda beat it out of me) and still have a little ambidexterity from it. I just got a brand new rig and lefty stick from Xidax, should arrive next week and I can't wait to rock out on it. Are the earlier joystick post on having to code your setup still relevant or does the in game controller setup work now?

By the way, Cheers on the upcoming B-day. Mines the 13th

Edited by TheMightySpin, 09 December 2016 - 08:53 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users