659 replies to this topic

#41 OvenRude

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostWaking One, on 14 June 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

How the hell is this disappointing? Lots of good info, especially the stuff about future CW game modes, that was great.

Or, just maybe, as soon as the numebrs would go down a little people would be like "HA YOURE LOSING PLAYERS, YOUR GAME SUX" making it even worse.

Their PR is very disappointing and I think their current biggest downfall. They need to hire a professional firm. When people posted that the jump jet effect made them feel queezy, and Niko Snow posting a picture of a barf bag is a prime example.

Also their balancing is done with a sledgehammer and leads to some things slipping through play testing that quite frankly, should never ever make it through.

#42 Genewen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Very disappointed about you trying to marginalize 1PV as hardcore sim-nerd mode.

#43 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostOvenRude, on 14 June 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

I should note, that when you as a business are not transparent, people begin to not trust you.

no other successful F2P games post player counts. they don't need to either

#44 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 14 June 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Wish I could find the post with the developer stating queue splitting is bad, but I can't remember where it was in gameplay balance.

Whatever you posted would likely be something the devs agree with - IMHO, I think the whole third person thing is a publisher directive.

#45 OvenRude

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostTennex, on 14 June 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

I can log into Dota 2 right now, and right on the log in screen, it tells you how many unique players logged in that month. Don't tell yourself lies and believe them to be true. I'm pretty sure that DOTA 2 counts as a successful F2P. League of Legends also posts overall player counts on the regular.

Edited by OvenRude, 14 June 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#46 GrimlockONE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostTennex, on 14 June 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

FACT CHECK:

DOTA 2 and LoL both at least post average unique users. DOTA 2, F2P but currently in beta, I guarantee posts active player counts. Hawken you can pick your lobby and see which ones are available and how many are populated. Hawken also shows your own ELO score and the ELO score of the current lobby.

#47 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 14 June 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

I don't understand why you are disappointed about:
  • 3PV being excluded from Mercenary Warfare
  • Additional Info added to Item Descriptions in UI 2
  • The fact that Lone Wolves will have their own Meta Game rewards, without having to swear loyalty a Faction
  • The fact that a Large Mercenary Corp won't automatically be able to steamroll through the IS
  • They plan on making manufacturer-specific weapon tweaks
  • More significant bases to capture
  • Base defenses
  • Introduction of Tonnage Limits for certain gametypes
  • Headshot notifications
  • Adding the ability to see friendly loadouts
  • Reduction of JJ Screen Shake to more acceptable levels
  • Added Training Grounds functionalities
  • and more upcoming changes with tournaments, Drop Modes, and info on the Test Server
I mean, if everything I just listed above causes you disappointment, then I am very sorry...

The problem is majority of this content should've been implemented months ago, instead their development cycle is too large because they overstretched themselves. It will also only be a matter of time before the 3PV will be a community warfare feature, because that is where they have already assumed their player base will live, FPV are the 'hardcore sim heads'.

Their UI2.0 is something they've had to do because the information and mess that is the current mechlab was overwhelming for newer players and their fine tooth control over content within it (physical advertisement of sales in-client etc)... and on the whole we needed more then 2 game-modes more then 3 months ago, instead the majority will be coming with CW, everything else has been necessary balance or changes/features that this game HAS needed for quite awhile.

What I'm more disappointed in is the fact 12v12 is still behind schedule but completely dropped from any official communications now on when it's coming, or even the beginning phase of CW which was slated for around this time and the associated flood of information on CW. There are still large questions around how effective the ELO system is actually function, and now their HSR system is being affected by current code issues.

All in all it's a one step forward, two steps backwards because they stretched themselves thin and are now trying to quickly make-up ground with the community expectations of what BASIC features/functions this game needs.

#48 EyeOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Since when is First Person "hardcore"? First Person should be "normal" and third person should be "garbage mode".

This is a bad decision.

Edited by EyeOne, 14 June 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#49 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostOvenRude, on 14 June 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

I can log into Dota 2 right now, and right on the log in screen, it tells you how many unique players logged in that month. Don't tell yourself lies and believe them to be true. I'm pretty sure that DOTA 2 counts as a successful F2P. League of Legends also posts overall player counts on the regular.

clearly if i don't agree with you i am lying to myself.

they don't need to post player counts because if they do any little change would cause people like you to cry up a [redacted].

and what the hell would that help? they can see the changes themselves and if there is a drop, act accordingly.

Edited by miSs, 17 June 2013 - 08:14 AM.
language

#50 OvenRude

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostTennex, on 14 June 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

clearly if i don't agree with you i am lying to myself.

they don't need to post player counts because if they do any little change would cause people like you to cry up a [redacted].

and what the hell would that help? they can see the changes themselves and if there is a drop, act accordingly.

You said, and I quote "no other successful F2P games post player counts"

Clearly, you were wrong.

#51 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Ask the Devs increasingly reminds me of the Twain quote:
Never argue with an [redacted]. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Edited by miSs, 17 June 2013 - 08:15 AM.
ad hominem

#52 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostOvenRude, on 14 June 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

You said, and I quote "no other successful F2P games post player counts"

Clearly, you were wrong.

Oh so i am misinformed but not lying to myself? I wasn't sure cuz you seemed confused in your first post. DOTA 2 doesn't justify standard practice. Its one game among the thousands that do not (for good reason)

Edited by Tennex, 14 June 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#53 Deuce Hxe

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

Can we call 1PV Normal and 3PV N00b? To call 1PV Hardcore is a misnomer because that is how the game is ment to be played.

#54 OvenRude

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostTennex, on 14 June 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

Oh so i am misinformed but not lying to myself? I wasn't sure cuz you seemed confused in your first post. DOTA 2 doesn't justify standard practice. Its one game among the thousands that do not (for good reason)

and LOL and Hawken?

#55 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostWill9761, on 14 June 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Will9761: Do you have plans to modify base objects into something more worthwhile of capturing like hangars, prisons, factories, cargo containers, power generators, etc?
A: With a different mode, yes.

Thank you for answering Bryan, it's good to know that we'll have some variety in the game modes.

Edited by Will9761, 14 June 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#56 LogicalTightRope

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 14 June 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Viper69 : If we are going to be able to choose to play against people using 3PV or not to, how are you going to address the then fractured and smaller groups that then have to wait in queue for a match that meets their perimeters?
A: There will be two modes Normal and Hardcore (FPV) only. We anticipate most players will play the first mode leaving the hardcore mode for the those wanting a challenge. 3PV will be going onto test servers in the next 60 days and we’ll see how it goes from there.
Why are you making the assumption that most people will want to play 3PV, considering the community's reaction to 3PV? I can understand wanting to test it out as a separate gamemode, but you have absolutely no grounds on which to claim that 3PV will be dominant.

#57 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostOvenRude, on 14 June 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

and LOL and Hawken?

LoL doesn't have a player counter dude. and hawken isn't even out of beta

#58 NeoFighter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 121 posts
  • LocationOn the battlefield

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

So...is this game coming out for Xbox One soon as well now?...eeeuuuuuuhhhhhh

#59 OvenRude

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 72 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostTennex, on 14 June 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

LoL doesn't have a player counter dude. and hawken isn't even out of beta

LOL releases player data on the regular. Hawken being in or out of Beta is irrelivent. And those are just the FTP games that I play, I'm sure there are huge amounts of F2P games that release player data. But out of every F2P game I personally play, you can either check player count from in game, or the publisher releases player count data.

More ammo:

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, Planetside 2, Marvel Heroes, and Warframe

Edited by OvenRude, 14 June 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#60 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 14 June 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

I don't understand why you are disappointed about:
  • 3PV being excluded from Mercenary Warfare
  • Additional Info added to Item Descriptions in UI 2
  • The fact that Lone Wolves will have their own Meta Game rewards, without having to swear loyalty a Faction
  • The fact that a Large Mercenary Corp won't automatically be able to steamroll through the IS
  • They plan on making manufacturer-specific weapon tweaks
  • More significant bases to capture
  • Base defenses
  • Introduction of Tonnage Limits for certain gametypes
  • Headshot notifications
  • Adding the ability to see friendly loadouts
  • Reduction of JJ Screen Shake to more acceptable levels
  • Added Training Grounds functionalities
  • and more upcoming changes with tournaments, Drop Modes, and info on the Test Server
I mean, if everything I just listed above causes you disappointment, then I am very sorry...

Thanks for the summary.

Can we see more posts with these key points from Q&As in the future?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users