Observations Concerning Community Warfare

252 replies to this topic

#241 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostCCC Dober, on 10 June 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

I find it rather curious that goons want to set up shop as far away as possible from the main event (read: clan invasion). Being such a large, organized group that seems very odd. Does that look like the beginning of a longterm power grab in the Inner Spere or is that just my reading? Thoughts?

You are mistaken if you think the "location" of a clan anywhere in the I.S. has anything to do with how much action against the clans they will see.

The devs are going to make the clans, however they choose to introduce them, something that EVERYONE will have equal access to.
The clans are going to be a huge money item for the company, and they will not put in place arbitrary obstacles to prevent people from spending money on clan items/battles, etc.

Whether your unit is based out of northern DC area or southern CC; want to take part in actions against the clans? Please click here to pay 5 dollar entry fee and enjoy!

Edited by Supremacist, 10 June 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#242 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostLilli, on 10 June 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

The majority of goons aren't here to 'ruin your game' or 'destroy the universe' or whatever other ******* bullshit strawman people have put up today. Most of us just want to play a video game that we're legitimately excited about because there hasn't been a good incarnation of it in over a decade

That said, we are very slow to anger, many in this thread and others have already made it to our list, continued posting against goons in this fashion may very well be detrimental to the well being of your mech and your unit.

Back to topic:

Simply put what we are looking for in MWO is a form of permanent or semi-permanent goals that can be acheived in the game.

For example if there is a planet that we will actually be able to hold and can only lose it if we do not defend it, or if while defending it, we fail (however unlikely)

We want to be able to control as many worlds as our numbers will allow, we want something more tangible than what you currently see in World of Tanks, the entire community thing is outside of the game, in fact, if you want, you can avoid it entirely and never even know there were clans and they would have no effect on your gameplay anyway.

I have gotten the impression from the devs that they may do something similar to this, but it will be more detailed, more clans involved, more territories to fight over, more rewards, more risks.

I'm just hoping they indeed provide us something more than a website to check "land" or "planets" our clan controls and which nothing changes until the prescheduled fight date comes by.

#243 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostSupremacist, on 10 June 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

You are mistaken if you think the "location" of a clan anywhere in the I.S. has anything to do with how much action against the clans they will see.

The devs are going to make the clans, however they choose to introduce them, something that EVERYONE will have equal access to.
The clans are going to be a huge money item for the company, and they will not put in place arbitrary obstacles to prevent people from spending money on clan items/battles, etc.

Whether your unit is based out of northern DC area or southern CC; want to take part in actions against the clans? Please click here to pay 5 dollar entry fee and enjoy!

And how exactly will greenies and Davion be able to partipate against the Clan occupation zones?

I suppose they could pull something rather odd, but it will be just that, odd.

Edited by PANZERBUNNY, 10 June 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#244 Toothman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 557 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

View PostSupremacist, on 10 June 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

That said, we are very slow to anger, many in this thread and others have already made it to our list, continued posting against goons in this fashion may very well be detrimental to the well being of your mech and your unit.

Back to topic:

Simply put what we are looking for in MWO is a form of permanent or semi-permanent goals that can be acheived in the game.

For example if there is a planet that we will actually be able to hold and can only lose it if we do not defend it, or if while defending it, we fail (however unlikely)

We want to be able to control as many worlds as our numbers will allow, we want something more tangible than what you currently see in World of Tanks, the entire community thing is outside of the game, in fact, if you want, you can avoid it entirely and never even know there were clans and they would have no effect on your gameplay anyway.

I have gotten the impression from the devs that they may do something similar to this, but it will be more detailed, more clans involved, more territories to fight over, more rewards, more risks.

I'm just hoping they indeed provide us something more than a website to check "land" or "planets" our clan controls and which nothing changes until the prescheduled fight date comes by.

LOL goon threats? Got 3 letters for you, SWG. If you don't understand then you're just a goon wannabe.

#245 CCC Dober

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 10 June 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

And how exactly will greenies and Davion be able to partipate against the Clan occupation zones?

Yeah, I just think they gonna let the other houses take the beating and clean their backyard in the meantime. Elegant, easy and potentially devastating. The Crusader Clans couldn't have a better ally, if I might say so ^^

#246 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

I dunno, how'd they participate in Operation Bulldog? :P

#247 gunther2

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostToothman, on 10 June 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

LOL goon threats? Got 3 letters for you, SWG. If you don't understand then you're just a goon wannabe.

Wait, are you seriously throwing an extinct game into their face?

OUCH, that's painful. I'm pretty sure they'll probably turn and run now. Good show old chap! You've routed MECHAHITLER for good now.

#248 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostHarabec Weathers, on 10 June 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Operation Bulldog flew off into Clan space. You really think the DCMs will let Davion stage attacks from their territory?

Where exactly are they fighting from?

I think there is more reason to believe that certain factions won't be able to fight Clans than being able too.

We'll see though.

#249 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hey, if Comstar says to let them, DCMs lets them. That or they get their phone service cut off.

#250 CCC Dober

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

View PostHarabec Weathers, on 10 June 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

That was long after Kurita, FRR and Steiner got their collective ***** wupped by the Clans, recovered and started to get all sneaky. Also, the disruptive potential from Liao was rather minimal. You can probably connect the remaining dots on your own ...

#251 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Doesn't matter. I have faith PGI isn't stupid enough to leave players out of game content just because they chose to wave a green flag instead of a blue or red one. As much of a battletech fan as I am, fluff can take a backseat there, though I'm sure PGI will find a decent way (probably Comstar).

Edited by Harabec Weathers, 10 June 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#252 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Just by pulling from cannon, liaoans helped marik and kurita fight against the clans.

or get a message in game "hey its comstar, remember 10 years ago where you signed up to be part of comstars secret army? well suit up"

Edited by Supremacist, 10 June 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#253 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

This thread has clearly lived beyond its life expectancy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users