Patch Day - June 18Th!

352 replies to this topic

#161 Dart Nimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationCarver V

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Increasing heat generation of Large Pulse Lasers was a bad idea. :)

#162 danger uxo

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

View PostwDraco, on 18 June 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

so they fixed the frame problems by removing the frame counter?

Yes, very much like they 'fixed' the low player count by removing the Players Online counter.

#163 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostNation Uprise, on 18 June 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Yea, just like they fixed the leaving players by removing the player counter.

Or how they fixed SRM's by removing them from the game.

If you really squint and concentrate you can almost see a pattern.

#164 Business

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

View Post0okami, on 18 June 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

What are you talking about ? get a pair of glasses... its among the dragons and its the 5k not the 4k.

It is where it shouldn't be, mixed in with other mechs. Apparently that is completely unreasonable to expect it to be in its proper place.

#165 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

View PostwDraco, on 18 June 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

so they fixed the frame problems by removing the frame counter?

No, they just forced us to use other ways to get it, such as using FRAPS So yea, yet another process running behind my game............

#166 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Whoever did this patch forgot to put in the QKD-5K. FYI.

#167 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostPEEFsmash, on 18 June 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

You literally managed to accomplish next to nothing on a perfectly-timed patch day when several very important issues are well-known and easily fixed. This is so...incredibly...frustrating.

This. Patch is bogus.

Oh, and the hardpoints on the Quickdraw kinda suck. It would have been nice to put more energy weapons in those really mobile arms.

At least they can stack lots of weak, underpowered SRMs! (oh, wait).

Sorry. At least it can stack lots of abusive, broken Streaks! (Fixed).

#168 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

Great Work PGI! With this massive patch taking care of so much at once and only 5 more patches to go til Launch... oh wait :)

#169 BlackIronTarkus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationBehind you, breathing on your neck.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostShokado, on 18 June 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

So this leads me into a question I've had for quite some time...Instead of nerfing everything and ******* everyone off, why don't we implement a system to where EVERYTHING works how it is supposed to be rather than making entire mech loadouts useless.

What the **** are you gibbering? ''Lets implement a system where everything works how it is supposed to''... The ****? How is it supposed to be anyway, are we supposed to read in your mind? Maybe the vision of how it is supposed to be actually differ from one to another. Maybe the world dont gravitate around you.

So what you are saying is if something is OP, we buff everything else instead of nerfing the problematic weapon? Aahaha thats so stupid its funny! You effectively make solving a problem 1000% more complicated by changing everything around it instead of the other way around.

Something is too good compared to the majority of other weapons? You nerf it.
Something is too bad compared to the majority of other weapons? You buff it.

Simple as that, there is not magical thinking like you believe there is in your imaginary world.

#170 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

View Postbowlie, on 18 June 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

Bunch of Whiney ******* in here.... They gave us new mechs, new champions and fixed some real issues. Some people need to grow up and say thankyou when they are given something for free.

Lets see, I've supported this game by taking out an elite founders package. I've bought, most of the hero mechs(admittedly half were 30% off, I've bought camo and colours, and I'm currently running down a 180 day premium...

So where is this something for nothing, Pale Face ? give me !

#171 Sharp Spikes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSochi, Russia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Tried to use AWS-8V with triple SRM6/A in hope to see some SRM buff today (yes that build kinda worked in old days when SRMs had 2.5 dmg per missile). Ran into preamde vs premade game, premade on our side lost so everyone spectated me at the end of the game. As a result I was called noob and my build was called "the worst ever" :) . Okay, okay, 3*PPC+3*SSRM2 is the way to go, I got it. See you on the battlefield. You will not enjoy that.

#172 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 18 June 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

This. Patch is bogus.

Oh, and the hardpoints on the Quickdraw kinda suck. It would have been nice to put more energy weapons in those really mobile arms.

But we can all buy QD's and talk like a bad clone, of Josey Wales now :)

#173 Ol Dirty Bastard

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

Posted Image

Seems appropriate....

#174 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

Bunch of Whiney ******* in here.... They gave us new mechs, new champions and fixed some real issues. Some people need to grow up and say thankyou when they are given something for free.

I paid 60 bucks. You paid what?

I'll whine on, thank you very much. :)

#175 Nomorga

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

good job serrasalmis nattereri morsiuncula. invited two more friends to play and they both appreciate the game (to the point of buying mc, so it seems a good start). thanks for your work, keep it up.

#176 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 18 June 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

This. Patch is bogus.

Yeah when the model looks like its sporting a SRM 4 and SRM 6 in torso to find out its a single LRM 10 is STOOPID. Man. Ive been playing less and less and not because I'm getting bored but because I'm getting frustrated. Last night alone Get shot in the back blows out my front torso. Fully exposes it few seconds later shot again boom blow up. Ok fine. Hit a raven Dead on with a ERppc Guass 3 medium lasers. Hit it on the fraggin nose wasnt moving didnt see me side profile full 40points of damage what happens makes Ravens Leg armor Orange. Fraggin Orange and I was nowhere near the leg. Its stuff like this that's making me want to play less and less.

Spiders. Everyone shoots the crap out of them and they just walk away. Look at em. How come I can blow the crap out of a commando in seconds a jenner too but a Spider its like trying rub a tigers belly Look at them. I dont know if its the size or what but non laser hits espicially should be doing significant damage. Also why the hell are they so small compaired to Trbs being as tall as awesomes etc., etc.

#177 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

Sir, the players have no SRMs for brawling!

Let them use LPLs.

#178 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

Says you. Maybe you are getting stuff for free but I paid for everything I am getting or not getting, thank you.

Edited by Viper69, 18 June 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#179 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

View Post42and19, on 18 June 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

One thing that is nice about patches is that they can be....patched again.

I think one of the major issues with all mmos with pvp elements is that the people who tend to give feedback on the forums tend to be pissed off about something because they started loosing; and typically they try to blame a perceived unbalanced rather than shifting their tactics accordingly. I've seen a lot of game go through waves of "balancing" that weren't really balances but really just the developers trying to react to community feedback. And since that community feedback is......biased. The game ends up in shambles. I see that happening here.

I guess what I am trying to say is that this game is still in development. In fact the devs have said that this game will ALWAYS be in development. So it is our job as a community as a whole to try to give the best UNBIASED feedback we can.

LPL has universally been held as UP, if not "just fine". Under NO circumstances has they ever been referred to as OP. So, nerfing LPLs and indirectly making PPCs more attractive is not a biased statement. You don't need an opinion to look over facts and numbers.

#180 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 18 June 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Sir, the players have no SRMs for brawling!

Let them use LPLs.

Your the first on the block, Aristo !

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users